Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 Empty
PostSubject: Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11   Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 am

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 396952 Hello all. I am not sure if this is on the level or not but our guy Steven Tyler may have gotten into trouble on his actions from prior shows.

Why you ask? Well our show starts off with this message:

American Idol would like to apologize for last week's outrageous behavior by Steven Tyler. Mr. Tyler has been warned and assures us it will never happen again.

Next we see contestant Jake Muck. Jennifer is surprised by the name. Steven Tyler then pipes in with "you know what muck rhymes with don't you?" Jake says "duck" and then Steven responds with "read my lips". Okay folks, I'm confused. Guess our bad boy Steven has toned down some but not all the way. However I did notice throughout the program Mr. Tyler was not as outrageous as prior shows have shown. Sort of takes the fun out of it in a way. Oh well, moving on.........

We are now in Austin, Texas for the third time in idol history. 7500 hopefuls have shown up. We see some are a little bit country, some are a little bit rock and roll and some are a whole lot of weird we hear from Ryan Seacrest. Steven arrives in a horse and carriage while Jennifer Lopez is seen exiting a limo. We next hear our judges are ready to go but where is Ryan Seacrest? Where else but on his cell phone as he rushes into the auditions. While we wait a very handsome Marc Antony gives his Jennifer a kiss. Lucky girl I would say.

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 322546 Okay enough horsing around. Let's meet our first person of the day. His name is Corey Levoy who is 21 years old. He has an older sister who he did not meet until they were in their teens. No reason was given for this but they clicked with each other and are now best friends. She loves to hear him sing. Once inside the audition room, he explains his sister brought him and Jennifer wants to know how she would judge him if she was on the judges panel. Corey says she would probably be harder on him than they would be. She is brought in to judge. He sings Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me". He is not bad. His sister judges him as amazing. Randy likes his voice. Jen says he is gifted and did some good runs. Steven does not think he will be teased in the future for his high speaking voice. It's a heck ya from the sister, Steven and Jennifer with our Randy adding "y'all, heck ya". One last cute moment was Corey saying he has been told he has a Jennifer booty as he shows his backside. Yep, I agree with that.

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 79527 Next up is a sweet-looking girl by the name of Hollie Cavanagh who is 17 years old. She attempts to sing "At Last" by Etta James. Sadly she tries to change it up which makes the song somewhat disconnected to the judges. Had to agree she should have just sang it straight. Steven says she was all over the place. Randy mentions all the switched keynotes and adds a no vote. Jennifer says she needs to get comfortable on stage. Jennifer feels for the girl and wonders if the crying Hollie can collect herself to sing another song before she gives her vote. It takes a few minutes for Hollie to re-gain her composure. She then sings "The Climb" and this time around you can tell this girl can sing. Jennifer believes she believes and gives her a yes vote. Steven also says yes. Randy reverses his no to a yes and she gets the gold.

:( The tears really flowed as we see five who have tears of heartache as they of course do not get the ticket. Hoping to get over this rough patch is our next contestant 17 year old Rodolfo Ochoa. Oh my he gives a terrible and off-tune rendition to the song "Circle of Life". The judges sort of grit their teeth as he performs. Jennifer mentions the fact he has no melody. Randy tells it like it is and says it was terrible. Rodolfo asks "so it's a no"? Of course it is a no my dear but Rodolfo takes it well.

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 57823 Next we see several guys who appear to be rugged cowboys and obviously can not sing. This leads us into our next contestant who turns out to be handsome 23 year old John Wayne Schulz. Yep folks that is his true name. He works on a ranch and tells us the reason he is trying out for the show is because of a promise he made his mom when she found out she had breast Cancer. She is still with us thank goodness. He then sings "Believe" by Brooks and Dunn. This guy does have a good country sound. Jennifer almost got a tear from his song. Steven says great and he liked it. Randy feels him. They bring in the parents and altogether the judges say "welcome to Hollywood" which brings the tears from mom. I have to add I loved the scene between Ryan and the dad Schulz. Basically Ryan says it would suck if I was your son and dad Schulz adds you wouldn't be the way you are if I was your dad. After the audition poor Ryan has some belt-buckle damage to his hand from being lifted up by young John. Ryan handles it well though.

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 531978 After the break we are now into day 2 of our Austin journey. More crowd scenes are shown as well as Steven and Randy arriving and giving each other a hug before they are shown doing a small interview with some news people. Jennifer arrives looking quite glam in her white top and black sparkle pants. Gotta admit Jennifer is one beautiful woman and we see even Steven agrees. Our next contestant loves and adores Ryan Seacrest. 17 year old Courtney Penry thinks he is the sexiest man alive and is thrilled meeting him and being rewarded with a few hugs by Ryan himself. She tells us she wants to marry him and will love him forever before she enters the audition room. After she tells Jennifer she is beautiful and the judges joke around some, Randy wants to know if there is anything special they should know about her. She then shows she can act like a chicken as she clucks around some. She does this well I think and it was funny as even the judges are amused. Now she sings "Stay" by Sugarland. It was pretty good I thought. Jennifer tells her she has a strong voice but also some weakness which she needs to work on. Steven thinks she has star quality and they have to kindle this up some but he liked it. Randy agrees she has a pretty good voice but says no. She fakes out her family leaving the audition room but Ryan has her gold ticket folded up and shows it to the family as Jennifer has given a yes vote. Joy abounds.

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 451785 Before and after the break we see that Texas pride is alive and well as we see some delicious food, some longhorn cattle and several excited contestants who got the gold. Some whose clips were shown of them singing were 24 year old Shauntel Campos, 26 year old Alex Carr and 19 year old Caleb Johnson. The judges comments were very favorable as nine more lucky people also got the gold ticket.

wiggle Ryan then mentions what is called a lovefest as we meet our next couple in the forms of Jacqueline Dunford and Nick Fink. We hear about their attraction to each other since they met in choir and really connected. Love is in the air as these two frolic on the grass and kiss several times before they enter the audition room. Once inside the judges beam as this young couple tell them they are boyfriend/girlfriend. Jacqueline goes first singing "Mercy" in a very powerful voice which impresses our judges. Now it is Nick's turn and he gives a good rendition to the song "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5. He too impresses the judges and it is a yes to both for Hollywood. I thought both of these people were pretty good.

:going mad More scenes follow as we see several people who are mad and some crazy get-ups.

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 295441 Tennesse native Janelle Arthur lets us know pretty much that country folks are just like everyone else. She sings a couple of country songs I am not familiar with but does sing pretty good. It is yeses across the board and she is off to Hollywood.

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 17486 A turning point comes in the show as we see our "dawg" Randy get mean. He has pretty good reason as first comes a young girl dressed in an armadillo outfit. What the heck? This rough patch shows us lots of crazy outfits and some awful singers that Randy just is frustrated with. Have to admit it can be rough dealing with all these people who just can not cut the mustard when it comes to singing.

🍌 Our last contestant of the day is 19 year old Casey Abrams who is nervous because he thinks the judges might be tired. He carries which looks like a baby accordian he calls a melodioco (sorry not sure of the spelling). He plays this pretty good and gives himself a few notes before performing the song "I Don't Need No Doctor" by Ray Charles. Wow he impresses the judges with his bluesy jazzy version and in unison they all give their yes vote which gets them up and dancing as he plays his mouthpiece.

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 201170 Well our Austin auditions have come to an end with 50 getting their tickets. Our next stop is Los Angeles and some scenes are shown for what we are in store for. I liked some of the contestants tonight but not sure they can get through Hollywood week. Time will tell.

I now wish you a pleasant night and a great day tomorrow. Take care!

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11   Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 am

Is it just me or what??? I'm having a hard time picking a favorite contestant this season as there are sooo many of them. Of the ones who auditioned in Austin I liked Corey Levoy (cute kid), John Wayne Schultz and that cutesy couple, Jacqueline and Nick. Those two surprised with very strong auditions. Honestly I think it would be cool to see these two make it into the top 10. I also liked Casey Abrams. Loved that jazzy voice of his. Reminds me of Taylor. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11   Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:45 pm

my favorite was the giant armadillo!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11   Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:44 am

I have seen several who I really like up to this point in the different audition cities. With so many going to Hollywood I honestly do not see how they are going to get this down to only 20 as indicated. Sure hope some of my favorites make it through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11   Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Austin, Texas Auditions - 2/2/11
Page 1 of 1