Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Auditions #3 - 9/28/11

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Auditions #3 - 9/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Auditions #3 - 9/28/11   Auditions #3 - 9/28/11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:24 am

:welcome1: Hi all. Our show tonight takes us to Chicago and for some reason back to Seattle later in the show. We get to see repeat scenes from last week's shows before our host Steve Jones welcomes us to the show. We begin in Chicago and in spite of the rainy weather, thousands have once again turned out to audition. Chicago brought us such artists as Jennifer Hudson, Kanye West and R Kelly so of course we are hoping to see some really excellent talent emerged from tonight's show.

The intro to the judges show Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid and Paula Abdul. Sheryl Cole evidently was the judge in the Chicago auditions so she is our fourth judge for this audition. With that out of the way, let's get started.

The Yes Votes:

Brock and Makenna are two cute younger adults who have sung together for 4 years. Brock loves Makenna however she does not know this and thinks they are just friends. Tonight they sing a duet of "Colder Weather" (I think this might be country). Both show they have good voices solo but when they sing together the blend is very good which earns them the yes vote.

16 year old Skyelor (sorry did not catch the last name) loves country and chooses to sing Billy Currington's song "Must Be Doing Something Right". The music screws up in the first few bars of his song but like a real trouper he continues to sing which impresses the judges. I thought his voice was fair and even the judges admit he needs work but are willing to give him the chance so he gets the high sign for boot camp.

Our next young man is 31 year old J. Mark Inman who is a Psychology Major. His choice of song is "Creep" by Radiohead. He has his own musical background and dancing sort of like a robot gives a fair rendition to the song. His voice was not bad but what I think made him unique was the entertainment factor he brought to the stage. He is moving on.

We see a fast clip of Arin Reny singing "Ain't No Sunshine" and he too is moving on.

This next guy came on stage looking sloppy with his attire. His mom is sort of a neurotic person who is worried about her hair and how things will work out. Josh Krajacik (her son) seems to be taking things in stride. As this 30 year old finally takes the stage we see Simon roll his eyes like this is going to be a disaster. What a surprise that this guy has such a good rock voice as he belts out "At Last" by Etta James. The judges, audience and even myself were impressed and he gets 4 yeses.

14 year old Drew R. (her last name is quite long and I could not get it fast enough) is a huge fan of Justin Bieber's. She is singing his song "Baby" but has re-arranged it to make it her own. I liked this young girl as did the judges. Her father is emotional backstage as she is going on to boot camp.

4 Shore is a group of four guys who show alot of personality as they sing "End Of The Road" by Boys II Men. Side note here: L. A. Reid wrote this song. The boys impress with their singing although I found them to be just okay but they are moving on.

I did not care for Elaine Gibbs who is 53 years old but the judges liked her singing of "You've Got A Friend" and she too gets 4 yeses. To my ears she sounded like she was screaming the song but oh well.

Another quick clip of 17 year old Francesca Duncan singing "Hero" by Mariah Carey. She gets the yes vote across the board. Three more acts make it but the clips are so quick I did not get their names. Tiger Budbill just sounds average to my ears but he makes it on 3 yes votes (L.A. is a no).

The next guy is very cute and has a dynamite smile. His name is Phillip Lomax and he is 21 years old. While his voice has traces of Frank Sinatra as he sings "Fly Me To The Moon" it is his charisma I think that gives him the yes vote rather than the actual singing.

Keep in mind that all the of the people who are auditioning are put into four groups; Boys, girls, over 30 and groups. Seems Nicole (who has come on in the Seattle auditions) and Paula are having a difficult time saying yes to many of the girl clips we saw. This brings us to our final performer of the night who is 19 year old Tiah Tolliver. She first performs "Impossible" by Chantel which to my ears was awful. However both Simon and L.A. see something in her and say yes. Nicole and Paula are a no which makes Simon angry. Tiah gets another chance to impress the girls as she performs "Ain't Got That Zing". I again did not think much of it and I really believe the girls were still doubtful but Simon begs them to put her through and they relent and say yes.

The No Vote:

We see many clips of bad singers along the way but I will only point out a couple of them.

Kim Terek, 35 years old does an awful job with Katy Perry's song "Firework".

21 year old Tim Quinn murders "Kiss From A Rose".

Robin Royal, 45 years old is awful as well and I am not sure what she was trying to sing.

One lady named Charlena actually came to audition as a judge but her critique of Britney Spears is not good enough.

We see lots of bad from several people who are grouped together as from Planet Paula as of course our Paula can relate to some oddies in her life.

The Good Girls who consist of a not very attractive mother (age 70) and daughter (age 31). They do a terrible duet of "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye. Simon thinks it is a joke and of course they get 4 no's. What got me about these two is they actually think they look good and sing good.

A charming young man named Pette Montzingo is 6'1'' however his parents are dwarfs (strange for sure). He attempts a Bruno Mars song but sadly his voice is not very good however I do believe as did the judges that he could be in the entertainment field because he does have personality (maybe as a comedian as he was quite witty).

The Pink Stilletos and Ivano also get the no vote.

Auditions #3 - 9/28/11 201170 Seems tomorrow night is our last set of auditions which is great in my book as I am curious to see how they are going to do this boot camp part. Not sure of the final cities as they were not mentioned but I will be back tomorrow with the re-cap of how things went down.

Until then all, take care!
Back to top Go down

Auditions #3 - 9/28/11
Page 1 of 1