Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11 Empty
PostSubject: Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11   Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:21 am

hello Well on this special show night we are hearing the final 16 acts perform to see who is actually going to be part of the final 16. I am frustrated only because they seem to be dragging this part of competition out so long. Again more frustrations when it is announced that we will not find out who actually makes it until next Tuesday (another special show night). Anyhow, let's get to the remaining acts.

Simon Cowell - France - The final girl acts

Jazzlyn Little is only 18 years old but actually has a great voice. Her song is "I Will Survive" and she does it pretty well I think. My worry is she is always so nervous about performing. Simon likes her but one of the producers indicate she is amateurish. Simon looks surprised by this.

13 year old Rachel Crow is so cute and seems confident. However she seemed to be struggling some with "I Want It That Way" by The Backstreet Boys. I was not happy about this song choice for her because I feel this girl could be a star with the right song. Simon calls her unbelieveable and seems pleased with her performance.

Tiah Tolliver I think will make it through no matter what as Simon mentions he thinks there is something about her for sure. Sorry I was not sure of the song she sang. I do not like to look at this girl sing because I think she is ugly with her buck teeth and big lips however I did just listen to her voice this time and it was not bad.

Last of the girls is 19 year old Melanie Amaro. Her song is "Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson. I think Simon loved this girl. I know I did and I really hope she makes it.

Paula Abdul - Santa Barbara - the groups

First up is Stereo Hogzz who I thought did a great job with the song "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye or Gladys Knight and the Pips depending on your choice of artist. Their stage presence was quite good as well as their vocals I thought. Pharrell and Paula seem excited by this group as well.

2 Squared are given the task of singing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. This made no sense at all to me since they are an r&b group. Sadly I thought they were not very good. I do not think either Paula or Pharrell were impressed either as Pharrell thinks they did not have enough soul.

Illusion Confusion were definitely not given enough screen time to actually sing their song "Let's Dance" by David Bowie as too much talking by them as well as Steve Jones as they sang. It appears both Paula and Pharrell thought they were lacking considering the comments made.

This group of 10 were another group the judges formed. Their name is Intensity and they have only been singing for a few days as a group. The song is "Make My Dreams Come True". I actually thought they did fairly well and they certainly showed alot of energy. Will they make it? Seems doubtful right now judging by the comments.

L.A. Reid - The Hamptons - the boy acts

26 year old Brenin Hunt is first. Sorry I did not recognize the song but I thought he sounded good. Rhianna thinks he sounded beautiful but a little corny and she is not sure he is a star.

Tim Cifers is a 30 year old country boy. He sure has cute kids. His song is "Dance With My Father". Rhianna liked his voice. L.A. wanted more from the performance however what little we heard sounded good to my ears.

Marcus Canty is 20 years old and his song was definitely sung right to Rhianna. I think the song is "All My Life" originally by K-C and Jojo. Rhianna mentions she could not contain herself and his singing made her feel good. I kind of think she felt un-comfortable a bit. Personally I thought this kid was pretty good.

Chris Rene is a recovering addict. Tonight he sings "I Am Everyday People". Both L.A. and Rhianna think he is special and I quite agree. L.A. thought he appeared nervous but frankly I thought he did this justice.

Nicole Sherzinger - Malibu - the over 30 acts

Josh Krajcik is given the hard pick of performing "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" originally by Roberta Flack. I loved, loved, loved it. I think Enrique Iglesias did also. He thinks Josh is not typical but Nicole wonders if he is too rough around the edges. Again I will be mad as a hornet if this guy does not make it.

Our oldest guy is Leroy Bell who just turned 60. I think his song was called "To Make You Feel My Love" but not sure who sang it originally. He seemed kind of nervous as mentioned. I have liked this guy in past performances we have seen of him but on this night he failed to impress me that much.

42 year old Tiger Budbill I think made an impression on Enrique for sure. His song is "Don't Give Up On Me" originally by Solomon Burke. What can I say I liked it. Nicole seemed a little doubtful but Enrique made a clear statement "Anybody can get it with the right song" and he is so right. Even huge artists fail at times with their songs.

Christa Collins was a child singing artist signed to Disney. Now she is back at age 38. I think the song was called "No Surprises" by Radiohead. Frankly I thought it was not very good. I was surprized that Enrique liked her so much. Now I am worried that she will be taking the place of a more deserving act.

Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11 201170 As mentioned we will be finding out the top 16 acts on the Tuesday special show. Here are my picks and I am sure hoping they make it:

The Girls: Rachel Crow, Melanie Amaro

The Boys: Marcus Canty, Brenin Hunt and Chris Rene

The Over 30's: Stacy Francis, Josh Krajcik and Tiger Budbill

The Groups: Stereo Hogzz, 4Shore and possibly Lakoda Rayne

Now I must call it a night and welcome your thoughts. Until next time, take care!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11   Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Sometimes I wish they would put shows like this one the weekends. It would make it easier for me to watch them. But what do I know about programming. Anyway......I thought the talent last night was much better than what I saw Wednesday. However...still...no one blew me away.
* I did like the performances from Rachel Crow and Melanie Amaro from the girls group. Two amazing voices in my opinion.
* Chris Rene, the recovering addict, has a lot to prove. I think he did a wonderful job with his performance. I would like to see him make it through to the next round.
* From the over 30's group I agree Crystal. Stacy Francis is the one to watch
* From the groups going with Stereo Hogzz and Lakoda Rayne
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Auditions of Remaing 16 - 10/16/11
Page 1 of 1