Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 Empty
PostSubject: San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11   San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 am

:) Yeppers we have finally hit the last city for our auditions. Our show starts off showing a date "November 9, 2010" and then we see a crying girl who obviously did not make it as poor thing must have farted during her audition and like the sign we see says "first impressions are everything". OMG, how embarrassing was that I ask?

Now we hear from Ryan Seacrest saying we have six cities down and one to go which finds us in the city by the bay, San Francisco. Two years ago our very own Adam Lambert auditioned in this city. Now over 9000 have arrived to hopefully fulfill their dreams. However their journey may be cut short as they have to get past our judges who vow to be tough.

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 79527 Our first young lady of the day looks all of 10 years old but in reality is 22 year old Inessa Lee who is originally from the Ukraine. We hear about her being an internet star as she has made several videos of herself in different scenes and poses which we see as she speaks. She know she is a star and a good choreographer. Once inside the audition room, she shows her talent as a belly dancer and does yoga on a request from Randy Jackson. Up until that point she seemed impressive but then she ruined it all by trying to sing which was not good. Steven Tyler thinks she is cute and precious but her singing was all over the place. Jennifer Lopez likes her young spirit but again does not think she sang well. Randy concurs and it is a three way no. Inessa is not happy and refuses to speak with Ryan after leaving the audition room. She claims the judges have missed out and walk off with a man I thought was her father but in reality was her husband.

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 76735 Seems the morning produced a shaky start for most of our contestants including the seagulls who were dis-charging their crap over all the remaining contestants.

:sing: Not all is lost as we next see three who did get the golden ticket. They are Brittany Mazur who does Duffy's "Mercy", Lara Johnston who performs "All I Do" by Stevie Wonder and lastly Matthew Nuss who looks like a bum but does have a voice. Sorry, did not recognize the song.

Our next guy has a sob story which could have been tragic. Stefano Langone was in a terrible auto accident on May 28th, 2009 which almost took his life. It took some major work to get back on his feet he says but he did it in 4 months. He shows us his scars on his arms before he enters the audition room to give us a good version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye. Randy says he has a nice voice and it is a yes from him. Jennifer compliments his good looks, star quality and singing ability. Steven not only admires Stefano's voice but also his piano belt buckle. Steven also adds he survived for a reason and that is he is going to Hollywood.

As our sun sets we see lots of people are camping out for the next day. Boy day one ended fast!

wiggle Day two dawns with our first contestant in the form of Clint Jun Gumboa who runs a karaoke bar in Long Beach, California. He looks nerdy but does a good job with the song "Billionaire" which impresses our judges enough to send him to Hollywood. Hopefully he stays in a hotel because that drive from Long Beach to Hollywood is a major traffic jam.

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 689238 Steven Tyler is getting cranky as we see scenes from colorful and ridiculous looking people which include Kenneth Berba who really does not get the chance to sing because of his outlandish outfit. Weston Lee just gets the silent treatment from the judges which clues him in that it is a no. 24 year old Drew Beaumier is dressed up like a transformer-type which looks like a car that actually runs. He claims he built it before he forgets the words to the Steffenwolf classic "Born To Be Wild". Steven likes his outfit but it is a three-way no from the judges.

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 406210 Seems the girls are shining as three are shown who get the gold. Following this is a quite pretty young girl who is celebrating her 20th birthday on this day. I loved her outfit and shoes and so did the judges. Before she performs we hear Julie Zorrilla is actually from Colombia and the horror the family endured with guerillas and the war in that country. They made the move to the U.S. and finally have peace. Julie admires her parents greatly. Her performance of the song "Summertime" was quite good although she seemed somewhat breathless singing it to my ears. However Steven thinks she is fabulous, has star quality, etc. etc. etc. Jennifer also likes it and her confidence. Randy flat out says he loves it and with that Julie is going to Hollywood.

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 709577 Steven's mean streak is back. It is now 3:00 p.m. and in walks Dave Combs who does a miserable job with the song "Oh Darling" by the Bee Gees. Steven tells him he may be tending bar as he was so off the melody. Dave asks if he can sing another song, a big no from Steven. From Jennifer it is also a no and Randy finishes it by adding his no.

Steven wants to know if Rick Deschamp hit his head on something on the way in as his singing is so bad. A grimace from Steven again as David Johnston tries to sing. It did not get any better from Sabina Corbett trying to sing some Rhianna. Steven thinks she should be arrested for that voice but wants to know if she has handcuffs since she is dressed like a policeman. No clue why.

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 72213 We now see two sob stories in a row that touch our hearts. First up is Emily Ann Reed who sadly had her home burn to the ground two days before the audition. She is very sad as this was the first home she ever had that she was excited to live in. She hopes a singing career will put her back on her feet. This girl is fairly attractive but must say I did not care for the tattoos on her upper arms. She carries a guitar in hand and lays it on the floor. Why, I have no idea. Then she performs the old-time song "Your Getting To Be A Habit With Me". Right away I thought her voice was interesting (yep even before JLo). Steven loved the old-time voice but did not feel she was ready for idol yet. Randy disagrees and likes her different voice. Jennifer calls it interesting and a singer/songwriter type of voice. It's a yes from JLo and Randy. As she is leaving, Steven asks her if she plays the guitar, she says yes and plays as she sings a few notes of another song. Jennifer says I was right and Emily is going to Hollywood.

Five people leave without the gold before we meet our final contestant of the day. His name is James Durbin and his story seems kind of sad to me. His dad was a musician and died from a drug overdose when James was 9 years old. Following this he developed some tics and anxiety that led to him being diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome and Asperger's. It was hard growing up but one day he met a young lady named Heidi who changed his life. They became parents of a cute little boy. Money is tight but they are managing. Once in front of the judges he sang a song I am not familiar with much like Adam Lambert once did in this town. His range is awesome. Then he asks Steven if he can sing "Dream On" which Steven agrees to. Again a wonderful job done. Jennifer says it seems like he goes away when he sings. She felt his heart, feeling and soul. He mentions his Tourettes to them. Randy likes his voice and range. Steven says he was over the top and our show is ending on a high note with James going to Hollywood.

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 201170 Scenes are shown of all the audition cities visited with clips of different singers who did well as some who did not. Tomorrow we are finally going to be in Hollywood. Looks like it will be a rough go with Randy saying they have one chance to make it through.

Now it is late so must call this a wrap. Until next time..........

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 13092
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11   San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:25 am

Hi Crystal! Sorry it's taken me a while to get here. Busy couple of days. Anyway, I was glad to see Idol recover from a disastrous week before. Seems like San Francisco is full of talent. Of all the ones I saw I liked Stephan Langone and James Durbin. It was hard to pick any favorites right off the bat like I did last season. But I did manage to spot a few. Here's my list.

Chris Medena (Milwaukee auditions)
Cory Levoy (Austin auditions)
The Gutirerrez brothers, Mark and Aaron (Los Angeles auditions)
Stephan Langone (San Francisco auditions)
James Durbin (San Francisco auditions)

In my opinion, none of the girls WOW'ed me at all. I thought most of them sounded so much like each other. (copy cats so to speak) No one jumped out and said "hey, I'm here to win this thing" like Crystal Bowersox did last season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

San Francisco Auditions - 2/9/11
Page 1 of 1