Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Final Auditions - 9/29/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Final Auditions - 9/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Final Auditions - 9/29/11   Final Auditions - 9/29/11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:51 pm

:) Yeppers all the auditions have been done and next week begins the boot camp rounds. Before I get to the yes and no votes I wish to add that only one act interested me tonight which is sort of sad considering so many got a yes vote on tonight's show. I also feel Simon Cowell was a little rough on Nicole Scherzinger in several parts of the show. With that being said let's get started.

Our first hour of auditions fall in Newark, New Jersey where one of our favorite groups Bon Jovi hails from. I liked how "Livin On A Prayer" was being played in the background as we see the biggest group so far to come out for auditions. After the welcome intros from Steve Jones we now are ready to begin the yes and no votes of tonight.

The Yes Vote:

Our first guy is 14 year old Brian Bradley who I thought was a real smart aleck and immediately a turn-off for me personally. He starts his rap song by putting Simon on the chopping block with his comments which goes into his rap number. Simon even mentions that Brian is arrogant and obnoxious but thinks he may have talent. Personally I do not see it but okay, whatever. He gets 4 yes votes. Oh yuck!

Kelly Warner is shown quickly as she sings "Hallelujah". I would have to see more of her to make a real decision on her potential.

Simon thinks Aaron Surgeon is just average but the other three judges give him a yes for his performance of "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith. My thoughts: not bad.

Four others make it but their clips are so brief and no names were given except 26 year old Liliana. Again too little to really judge on how they will do.

The next girl reminded me alot of Carrie Underwood with her look. She is 17 year old Cari Fletcher and sings "Alone" by Heart. I thought she did fairly well overall but was not totally blown away.

Other yes votes are Joshua, Emily, Dorit. Sorry again the clips went by too fast for me to catch their last names.

A duet consisting of a young boy and girl whose names are Austin and Emily go through a frustrating time during their moment on stage. Their stage name is AusEm and they have brought a ton of family and friends to root them on. I honestly do not know what song they sang. The judges feel the boy has potential but are not sure about the girl. Simon and L.A. are definite yes votes but Nicole is having a hard time saying yes which frustrates Simon to no end and he eventually leaves. Finally after much going back and forth Nicole relents and says yes. Paula too is a yes vote. Personally I thought both of these kids were just so-so.

21 year old Tora Woloshin begins our second hour as we go across the nation for talent. She reminds me a bit of Lady Gaga with her look but does not have the ton of make-up on. She has personality and an okay voice as she performs "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5. I thought her voice was okay but sadly she sort of ran out of breath as she sang. Goodness knows how she will fare at boot camp.

Another group of guys called Stereo Hogzz get 4 yeses although frankly I found them to be just average.

The next guy is cute and sexy and certainly knows it as his conceit shows through before he takes the stage. His name is Brennin Hunt and he is 26 years old. He performs an original song called "How We Make It". I was not wild about the song but his voice is good enough to make it to the next round.

More yes votes go to Paige Ogle, Leroy Bell (he is a youthful looking 59 year old male who can sing for sure), The Brewer Boys and 14 year old Nick Dean. Only Leroy peaked my interest of these acts.

Now for the one who did "wow" me. She is 16 year old Jazzlin Little. She is scared to death to take the stage and her shy personality has the judges wondering if she can sing. She belts out the song "I'm Going Down" by Mary J. Bligh and blows not only the judges away but also the audience. This girl definitely can sing and I hope she goes far.

The No Vote:

43 year old Andy Silkovic (I think that is the last name) is a short strange looking man who tries to perform "Hero" by Mariah Carey. It is awful as he is off-key throughout. I was surprised they let his audition go on so long. The judges like him but not his voice so it is a no but Paula does give him a hug before he leaves.

Josh Katzman along with 27 year old "Cashmere" (her stage name) is equally awful. Simon could not stop laughing while Cashmere performed because of her remark that people at the karaoke bar screamed and loved her. That must be some bar with a bunch of drunks who like anything I say.

Also getting a no is Nouf, a guy who dons a hula hoop as he sings, Jean Wolfman and 58 year old Maya Lehnmann who slaughters "We Are The Champions".

More bads as we begin with Jor-El who adores Madonna and tries to act like her when he sings "Lucky Star". John Duff and others do not fair well either on stage.

Our last bad and no vote is Devin Tally who is so off-key with whatever song he was singing. Simon tries to stop the audition several times but Devin just keeps singing. Finally he leaves the stage.

Final Auditions - 9/29/11 833804 Next week we are finally off to boot camp. It looks like tons of acts made it through as we see them entering the building they will be performing in. Of this multitude of acts only 32 will make it to the next round which has each of our judges mentoring one of the four sections our contestants are in. The four sections are the boys, the girls, the over 30 group and finally the groups under 30. Not sure who will mentor which section at this point but I do think once the 32 acts are chosen it will be interesting.

So another week and come and gone and I am so looking forward to seeing what goes on next week at boot camp. Judging from the scenes shown alot of heartbreak will be taking place as people are ousted out of the competition.

I must now bid you a Final Auditions - 9/29/11 296366
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Final Auditions - 9/29/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Auditions - 9/29/11   Final Auditions - 9/29/11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Glad the final auditions are over. Now looking forward to seeing some real talent come out of all this. Haven't pick any real favorites yet. Bu some do look interesting. Will check in again later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Final Auditions - 9/29/11
Page 1 of 1