Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12 Empty
PostSubject: The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12   The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:54 am

The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12 555837 What a frustrating show not only for our contestants who wait to see if they make the top 24 but for us the viewing audience as they dragged every bit of drama, repeat scenes and commercials, commercials, commercials out they could in this two hour segment. Then they leave us hanging on a cliff-hangar ending that about made me scream. But I will get to that in a bit.

Let me first say a quick hello. Tonight the long walk takes place at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas. I am assuming this is also where the solos took place. Each of the 42 contestants got to choose their song and instrument of choice to accompany them. Before the long walk takes place we see that the remaining 42 got to see the show "La Reve, The Dream". I will try to keep this as simple as I can naming who have made it so far and who got sent home. Okay, here goes:

Who Made It - The Girls

Jen Hirsh along with the others do some reflecting on their journey before we get to the real deal which is are they in or out. We briefly see Jen sing her solo "Baby I Love You" and of course the drawn out process of the judges before they finally put Jen's mind at ease. She is in.

Haley Johnson who is a pretty blond was not shown so much except in her Hollywood group round. She makes it.

Elise Testone who is a bit older (28 years) gives an emotion pack performance of "It's A Man's World" for her solo and it is enough for her to make it.

25 year old mobile dj Erika Van Pelt does the song "Don't You Remember" by Adele for her solo and she is on pins and needles waiting until finally the judges let her know she is going through.

Country girl Baylie Brown who is very pretty and has tried out before (season 6) does enough this year to make the top 24.

Another country cutie named Chelsea Sorrell is also in the top 24.

Jessica Sanchez from the San Diego auditons has proven she can really sing as her solo is "The Prayer". She's in.

Brielle Von Hugel tried out in season 10 but did not make it now she has done enough with her singing the song "Killing Me Softly With His Song" to enter the top 24 in season 11. Frankly I was not happy about this choice because I think both she and her mom are total phonies plus her singing does not impress me much (hey that could be a song title, teehee, no offense Shania).

The Girls Who Go Home:

Lauren Gray seemed like a shoe-in for the top but her song "I'd Rather Go Blind" by Etta James was not enough to keep her in for these rounds. They want her to try again but she flatly says she probably won't.

Not much shown of the next two girls who leave who are Blaire Sieder and Naomi Gilles.

The Boys Who Make It:

Creighton Fraker has a famous father. The lead singer of the group known as Flotam & Jetsam. Creighton of course finds this out much later in his life but is now friends with his dad. I must say I was impressed with this guy not only during Hollywood but also his solo of "New York State of Mind". Glad he is in.

Another impressive solo is done by Joshua Ledei who sings "Up To The Mountains". This soulful guy is thrilled to be in the top 24 and I also am glad for him.

What can you say about Reed Grimm. He is definitely quirky. His solo was "It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing" while he plays the drums. I was not blown away but he has proven he can sing with his great rendition of "Georgia" during the Hollywood rounds.

An emotional Heejun Han also sings "New York State of Mind" for his solo. It was okay but think we have heard better from him. With tears of joy he finds himself in the top 24.

I did not recognize the solo by Phil Phillips but think this boy has a real talent. So glad he has made it.

Colton Dixon who tried out last year sings a song for his sister who was eliminated. His "Fix You" was fairly good and earns him a spot in the top 24.

The Guys Who Go Home:

Neco Starr who to my ears sounds good gets the axe.

Clayton Farer and River St. James were not heard but they too go home.

Caleb Johnson goofs up during his solo which sends him home.

Know-it-all Richie Law who does a bad job of "Ring of Fire" is also thankfully sent home. I really did not like this kid.

The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12 709577 Here comes the cliff-hangar ending which frustrates me to no end as Adam Brock who sang "You Don't Know Me" for his solo is the last contestant shown. Does he make it or not, well we will have to find out on tomorrow's show. I am irritated knowing we have to wait a day for the news. I am surely hoping he makes it however Randy does say they were not unanimous with their decision. Jeesh I hate this DRAMA!

Okay, enough said about tonight's show. Hope some of your favorites are still around and I will be back with the final judgement, part 2 tomorrow.

The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12 296366
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12   The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Will make comments in part two. Still not seeing to well. ~sigh~
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

The Final Judgement, Part 1 - 2/22/12
Page 1 of 1