Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 Empty
PostSubject: Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11   Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:18 pm

:welcome1: Another Thursday is here and once again someone goes home.

The show tonight starts out with several of our idols telling us what they wanted to be when they grew up. This ranged from astronauts to veterinarians to comedians. However, each has chosen the path of being singers and are now living their dream.

After our judges and Ryan are introduced to the audience we get to see a few more baby pictures. That being Lee DeWyze and The Black-Eyed Peas who will be performing tonight.

Thanks is given by Ryan about our support of the tragedy in Japan with another plea from him to donate to the cause.

Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 322546 Now come our idols to perform two songs which are intertwined with each other. The songs are "Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf and "Born This Way" by Lady GaGa. I thought they did fairly well with it.

The Ford video this week has our idols at a drive-in (I used to love these) with some of them on the big screen and others in cars watching. The song was one I am not familiar with called "Val Kilmer". Some of these videos are corny but at least they all looked like they were having fun.

Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 451785 Looks like another American Idol cd is out which is celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the show. I know I will be getting one for sure and what a treat for the audience who each get one this night. Obviously our show has done wonders for so many as Ryan tells us they have had 250 million downloads over the years.

Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 857532 Now some crazy filler time as we see Karen make funny noises, Scotty wiggles his ears, Casey moonwalks, James wants to learn Swedish, Lauren does not think she has an accent, Stefano wants to learn an African language, Naima will help and Haley messes with a take-clacker. Whew! More follows with Paul telling us about his blind wiener dog, Pia mentions her dog can sing but Lauren thinks her dog is cuter.

Okay finally we get to dim the lights but it is green with Irish music playing. By the way Happy St. Patrick's Day.

lol! Jacob, Lauren and Casey are first. Before the result, Randy gives an in-depth answer how to overcome being pitchy. Now we learn Jacob is safe. Lauren who is feeling better is also safe. Steven explains what "goop" is in reference to Casey who also gets to perform another day. Yea!

Now comes Paul and Haley. We hear that Haley thinks her artistry will be rock, funk and blues rolled into one. Paul is feeling better. I am stunned that once again Paul escapes the bottom 3. Sadly Haley is first on that stool.

:sing: Before we hear Lee sing, we see in the audience Jennifer's friend Pitbull who sits with Marc Anthony. Amazing the guy who is seated next to them bears a strong resemblence to Kenny Rogers.

Lee is singing a new release called "Beautiful Like You". The song is just okay to my ears. I think my real problem with Lee is he mumbles so much when he sings so it is hard to understand the lyrics. Lee is going on the road to promote the new album. His advice to the idols is "remember why you tried out in the first place and no matter what happens you will keep doing what your doing".

lol! More results. Scotty sang for all the beautiful ladies and this diplomat is once again safe. Pia learns she also is safe. Before we hear the result for James, Steven lets us know he sees himself in young James. Of course James is safe also.

Stefano is listening and says he will work on giving better eye contact (Jennifer says sing to me). Stefano is safe. Naima however has a passionate hate for the word "pitchy" but understands what she has to do. But will she get the chance as she is number two in the bottom three.

Karen gets more advice from Jennifer. Thia claims she is not just a ballad singer and will prove it given the chance. Karen is not so lucky as she is the last in the bottom three.

:sing: The Black-Eyed Peas perform their latest hit "Just Can't Get Enough". Wow, Fergie looks awesome and I would love to have her figure. The Peas always entertain I think and this time have violin players and dancers to help them out with their number. I like this group but the song for me is just okay this time around.

Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 930608 Now comes the moment of truth. Back to safety first is Naima followed by Haley which means Karen must sing for her survival. She once again sings "Hero" complete with the Spanish verses. I do think she has a voice but her real problem is she is just not a stand-out with so many talented others in this season. I felt for her as she practically begged for another chance from the judges but it was not to be as she goes home. Randy informs us the vote was not unanimous which leads me to believe J-Lo was the holdout but was over-ruled by Randy and Steven. So another dream is over for this show and I wish Karen the best of luck in her future.

Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 201170 Before I close my post, I wanted to let you all know I will be gone for the next three days so don't worry if you don't hear from me. In the meantime hope you all have a great weekend. Until next time, take care!

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11   Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:28 am

Ahhhhhh, Karen Rodriguez got sent home???? Not Paul McDonald? Isn't that just peachy? Oh well, I have to agree Karen didn't stand out as much as the other girls but still....Paul McDonald got saved....AGAIN!!! There is no justice in Idol-land. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11   Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:15 pm

:) I totally agree Deni. That Paul McDonald has had not one good performance in my book but for some reason his fans keep him on the show. I just don't get it. The way it's going I have a feeling the girls will go first before the guys. Next to go may be Haley or Naima no matter how good they do I think.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I am back from Oregon. What a long and drawn out trip that was with the crappy weather (it snowed most of the time). We could not change our trip plans as my daughter had already requested the day off and they are so busy in her department plus with the rented car and the babysitter lined up. We went to Madras, Oregon to see my son-in-law who is in jail sadly and has been for almost 2 years now. He looked good and this visit really boosted his and my daughter's spirits as John will be there for another year and a half. By the way, he is trying to get his case overturned because frankly he got rail-roaded in this case I think. Knowing John I just do not believe he is guilty of what he was convicted of. Boy am I glad to be home!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11   Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Yeah, I get the feeling your right Crystal. Sadly, none of the girls wowed me this season even though there were some good ones who auditioned. To be honest, no one really wowed me this season. But there is some great talent, like James Durbin and Casey Abrams. I guess we'll see how it goes, huh?

Glad to see your trip was worth it, at least for your daughter. Sorry about the snow. I guess I don't think about those things when I plan a trip because we don't get much snow in southern Arizona. I wish you son in-law the best of luck with his case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11   Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elmination Thursday - 3/17/11
Page 1 of 1