Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor's Blog part 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Taylor's Blog part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Taylor's Blog part 2   Taylor's Blog part 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 2:48 pm

Couldn't get it all on one post so this is really the first half ha..The second half is in the first post.
Enjoy...

New Orleans!

August 8, 2007

Hey everyone! So we just finished a great 4 concert run in the south that ended up in New Orleans. What a crazy, but fun town. I saw some familiar faces there and it was exciting to see everyone out at the show. We were there on the spring tour as well, and House of Blues New Orleans really has a great energy to it. The floor looked packed, but it was cool to see everyone dancing and having as much fun as me and the band.

After the show, when it was time to head to the bus, things got a little crazy. It was only a few feet from the stage door to the bus and I wanted to say hi to everyone that was waiting outside. That's when things went nuts. We stepped out of the door, and all the sudden we had people on all sides of us. Bill has a rule that there is no pushing or pulling and right then, there was both. So Bill and my bus driver grabbed me and put me on the bus and got us on out of there. I'll admit it was sort of exciting, but I'd rather be able to say thanks to everyone and not feel like I'm going to be ripped to pieces. I guess in some circumstances, that's just the situation.

We're enjoying a few days off before we head to the northeast for another 4 night run. Look forward to seeing y'all out there.

Taylor

Six Flags and a 4 Night Run...
June 28, 2007

So, I had a nice Monday and Tuesday off in Virginia. And I kicked off a 4 night run last night in Norfolk. What is the soul patrol doing for the 4th of July holiday? It might be difficult for people to get away since it is in the middle of the week, right? We are taking some days off but jump back into a 4 night run on the 5th in Charlottesville, VA.

So, today I am at Six Flags in Georgia and we just rode some of the rides. I am going to sound like a wimp but I was really scared. I am not sure I am going to be so quick to get on another ride anytime soon. Why is it that when you get older things get scarier? Remember when you were a kid and you were fearless? Rides like these were exciting and gave you an anxious excited feeling. Now, I look at them and try not to let people see me get nervous and I resist the urge to run in the opposite direction. I will stick to the excitement of performing on a stage in front of an audience. That is what gets my adrenaline pumping...safely.

On The Road Again...
June 20, 2007

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Sorry I have been under the radar lately (no pun intended)! After I wrapped up my spring tour and performed on the finale of American Idol, I headed off for some much needed R&R. But now, I am back on the road and excited to see everyone again for my summer tour. I am back on the bus with the band (but I am in Kid Rock's old tour bus this time-that's cool, right?) and we are picking up right where we left off.

I hope everyone is enjoying being a member of the fan club. There are going to be a lot of exciting things popping up on here in the next couple months. I have TONS of raw footage from the last tour and am shooting even more this go round so you will be getting some true velvet rope treatment on here. I just hope there are some good editors working on the footage...haha. We are going to be running more contests on here so make sure you check back often for those...you never know what I am going to be giving away next...maybe a lock of my hair. JK.

Oh, also, you can catch a live performance of "Heaven Knows" online soon. We had one of my last shows from the first leg of the tour shot and they are putting together some cool "vibey" video. I hope you enjoy that. Later on, I will probably put out a live DVD of a show, so I am pretty excited about that. It takes time though with all the edits and the feedback and approvals. Believe me, I get impatient so I am right there with you!

Alright, I gotta go do some phoners but I am excited to get into a routine of checking in A LOT more often. I hope you don't get tired of me...

Soul Patrol!!

Taylor's Blog (from Myspace)
April 18, 2007

I am heading to NY tomorrow for my Beacon show on Friday. I love spending time in NY. I don't really have any big plans because I am resting my vocal chords but maybe I will hit up a couple dinners or see some shows. Any recommendations? The days are going by so fast and sometimes I get stressed but then I hit the stage and it all comes together. Can you believe we don't even have hotel rooms a few nights next week? We are roughin' it on the tour bus just like a rock n' roll tour is supposed to. We've been shootin' some funny footage on the road too. Bill, my buddy, is the cameraman and he is loving it. Some of its going up on you tube and the exclusive stuff is going up on the fan club site (headquarters). And, of course, some of it is private...can't let all my secrets out.

I want to get some photos up too. But, we are slightly technologically challenged when it comes to uploading. But, I promise I will get them out soon. Funny stuff...Ok, off to do my Baltimore show. Later Tay Tay

Today's Chat Issues
April 12, 2007

I never claimed to be technologically advanced….

Hey gang, I just wanted to apologize for the “chats” that haven’t happened twice now. I have been sitting at a computer twice now (a very nice MAC too!) to answer all the questions you might have but I have been unable to log on to the network. We aren’t really sure what the problem has been. The first time I think it was because my hotel was blocking or “firewalling” my entrance into the chat room. And today, I think it was because we were traveling on the bus and the internet connection was spotty. But, for whatever reasons they were, I was bummed I couldn’t directly connect with everyone.

I promise I am going to make this work in the next few days again! Maybe we will do some practice connections before hand. Please check back to the sites to see when I have rescheduled my “chat” and remember I don’t type that fast so don’t go too hard on me with the questions. ;)

March 8, 2007

Just wanted to touch base and let ya'll know that I am heading to Alabama and I have teamed up with American Red Cross to help our neighbors in need following last week’s severe weather outbreak in Alabama and Georgia. You all know I'm originally from Alabama and I want to do my part in helping those affected by the devastating tornadoes. The Enterprise and Adamsville communities in Alabama were hit hardest by tornadoes that claimed 8 lives, and destroyed homes and property including Enterprise High School.

My two Birmingham concerts (March 10th and 11th at the Alabama Theater), will serve as venues for Red Cross staff and volunteers to collect donations. Volunteers will collect donations before, during and after the concert benefiting the tornado relief operation in Alabama. Donations can also be made Saturday afternoon at 12:45 while I am visiting Laser’s Edge in Homewood, Alabama. Just look for the Red Cross volunteers and help in assisting our state in this recovery effort.

Taylor

January 25, 2007

Welcome to Taylor Hicks Headquarters! It is great to finally have this up and running so that I can easily communicate with each and every one of you. I will still be doing my audioblogs on graycharles.com but check back here for more some extra information on what I have going on...

The past few months have been very hectic for me. I went from the Idol tour to recording an album to several television appearances and performances. I think I celebrated Christmas and the New Year somewhere in there but I am not quite sure...But, my upcoming schedule is what puts me at ease. I can't wait to step foot on my tour bus at the end of February. The road has always been where I am most comfortable and I am very eager to get out and see all of you around the country. I hope everyone is ready for some fun! If your passion for pop soul music is as strong as mine, then this should be a good run...

I couldn't be more thankful for all of the support you have given me since day one and for what this whole experience has provided me with. I am humbled when I take a step back and let it sink in. It's been quite the ride so far and I couldn't be more excited for all of you to join me in this next chapter...

Taylor
Back to top Go down

Taylor's Blog part 2
Page 1 of 1