Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 Empty
PostSubject: NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07   NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 2:21 pm

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 24206 Hi gang and welcome to another re-cap of the Next Great American Band. This week was overall half real excitement and half ho-hum as 6 bands remain in the competition. We start off with Dominic Bowden looking pretty spiffy and so young in his jeans, red shirt and black jacket. He gives his usual intros to the bands waiting nervously in The Green Room and also to our judges who look quite spiffy themselves.

🎶 Our theme this week is the Rolling Stones. As many of you know this band came over during the British Invasion in the summer of 1962. One of the most enduring bands over the last 4 and a half decades, they have had huge success putting out 55 albums during their career. To this day they continue to pack arenas. Both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have written most of their music and I have to say they are one of my favorite bands and loved seeing them live.

:wtf: First to be saved is Tres Bien and frankly I was surprised big time. This band has consistenly given second-rate 60's performances of the British Invasion no matter what the song and this performance was no exception. I thought they might excel when I found out they were performing "Get Off Of My Cloud" but it was not meant to be as Mikey, the lead singer garbled most of his lyrics and the band themselves made a big mistake by adding a small solo of the music of "Satisfaction" to the mix halfway through the song. The judges were kind in their critiques but not overly impressed. My grade: C

lol! I was happy when the next group called was Denver & The Mile High Orchestra who decide to perform "I'm Free". The band is top-knotch and give a great horn solo however Denver was sort of the problem this week. He stepped out of his comfort suit-wearing zone and wore jeans, t-shirt and jacket but his vocal ability while delivered in a okay jazzy version was just not as lively as it could have been. John and Dicko were not too impressed but Sheila gave kudos to the group overall. This band does have a future but I think they may be in danger this week on this show. My grade: B+

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 765416 How many times can I thud for the next group Six Wire. The answer of course is everytime as once again they show real talent as they do a great rocking version of "The Last Time". Although a country band they show they can do other genres of music with great vocal and musical ability as this performance was great. The judges loved them and so did I. Whoo, I can hardly wait to get their music. My grade: A

:( Good Grief what happened to Light of Doom. This band comprised of 13 year old boys have shown in the past some wonderful performances but this week I was so disappointed in them. They choose to do "Jumping Jack Flash" and it becomes a disaster as Erik the lead singer does the song in too low of a key and came off sounding off-key through much of the song. The band itself were okay but not great. The judges somewhat agree with my thoughts. My grade: B-

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 820770: WOW! WOW! WOW! is the only way to describe The Clark Brothers who do one of the most intense versions of "Give Me Shelter" I have ever heard. They start the song off almost like a ballad and build to a truly fantastic and powerful finish. Although they have no bass player or drummer they manage to bring the edge and receive the only standing ovation of the night from our judges. My grade: A+ which is not enough to describe this performance.

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 322546 Never did I think at the beginning I would come to appreciate the talents of the next group known as Dot, Dot, Dot. Each week I truly admire the strides they make in their performances and this week was another improvement as they perform "Let's Spend The Night Together". Wonderful guitar solo by Rose but Adam was awesome with his vocals which reminded me of a younger version of Mick Jagger. John and Sheila were impressed and even Dicko like the performance but did give some critique to Adam about the vocal which was horse manure in my opinion. My grade: A

😢 Sadly, Cliff Wagner & The Old #7 are the band leaving this week which is a real shame as I do enjoy this bluegrass group. DDD pay them tribute before they did their performance and all the judges give kudos to this group for doing so well in the competition. I truly hope they have real success as I would like to get some of their music. I have surprised myself with this show as I do not care for country music that much but Six Wire, The Clark Brothers and this group have made me like it once again.

clap My top 3 of the night: The Clark Brothers, Six Wire and Dot, Dot, Dot.

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 76735 Who should go: Tres Bien but think it might be DMHO.

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 201170 Sure hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. Until next time, that's a wrap for this week!

;)
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07   NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Thanks so much concertcris, I tried to watch the bands this week but was so tired that I feel alseep in my chair So not good, I knew I could count on you to update us. Thanks so much...
Back to top Go down

NGAB - The Music of The Rolling Stones - 11/23/07
Page 1 of 1