Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

back ground singer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Did anyone here see AI tonight?? Taylor Hicks back ground singer audition and made it though to hollywood. I think her name is Melody.
correct me if i am wrong on that. She was with him when i saw him in concert and she wa s pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi Mae, I did watch the show. Read my re-cap of all the events. I had a feeling the minute she said she was a back-up singer for Taylor that Simon would say no and of course he did. She sounded good but really need to see more of her to make a real decision.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:52 am

Close on the name, darlin'. Her name is Melanie Nyema, and she is good - always has been in my eye. Unfortunately for her, though, I worry about how they'll treat her on the show because of her association with Tay (and we all know how he gets treated). Still, she does have a strong, sweet and proven voice. We'll see.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:28 am

I watched last night and thought Melanie did a great job, I was so pleased when Randy and Paula seen something that of course Simon didn't, Was it because she's Taylor back up singer or because of her age or that he didn't like the song she sang, If you remember he made a comment on that song when Ayla Brown sang in the week she was voted of in SEason 5, I think it's a nice song and even though I think Melanie was a bit nervous and (who wouldn't be knowing how Simon feels about Taylor) I thought she did a very good job. I said I wouldn't be voting but if she makes it to the voting stage I will vote for her because I think she's good and because I think Taylor would wants us to and of course just to get to Simon ha ha...
I got his picture in an email last night, credit goes to Sandy/yousendmetay Great picture..

back ground singer Taylor-MobileAL2-26-078
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:50 am

I also think she's good - have from when I first heard her sing. No question I would vote for her, and not just because she has such a good friendship personally and professionally with Taylor, but because she is just that good. Let's see if she can be consistant. That's the big key. I gotta say, though, I love that photo.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 am

I agree, I won't vote for her if she wasn't good enough to deserve it, and I think once she settles down she'll be better and we'll see the quality that we see when we seen her with Taylor..
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm

Be real here. You know the pressure she must have felt doing that? Knowing Simon would have his claws out right away? She knows how bad they dislike Tay. I am sure she was nervious and hoping they would not judge her for Taylor. Although we all know they would. I am giving her kudos for even trying to face the mob of hell.. haahaa
BTW awsume pic! Thanks for shareing!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:40 pm

Oh I agree with you Jodi, NO WAY would I have what it takes to get in front of Simon if I was even friends with Simon. I could see his mind working but he didn't say it. In fact he surprised me, I really expected him to say something very negative. I know she's good I"ve heard her and I will vote for her if she makes the 24.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:54 pm

back ground singer 322546 Great photo of Melanie and Taylor, thanks for posting it. You know I think once she gets over her nerves she will do great as the voice is definitely there. Sure hope she makes the top 24.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Here is a great video of Taylor and Melanie singing and dancing to
dancing Queen, It very good. I'm sure some might have seen it before But I hadn't so thought I'd bring it over to make sure you all see it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE_Nl3aDTWA
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 4:48 pm

I belive that is one of my all time favs!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 1:22 pm

does anyone know if she made it into the top 24???
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Sorry to say that according to the Spoiler sheet she did not make it, BUT the list is not complete yet, so it's anyone guess so far anyway. I sure hope she does make it through Holly wood week.. But I won't hold my breath..
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:57 am

what is the spoiler sheet?? is that on the AI site
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 3:31 pm

HI mae, there is a spoiler sheet that lists the ones that made it through Hollywood, From what I've read it's not yet complete and the last time anyone posted it on AI there were only 14 names from the 50 that the judges chose their 24 from.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:46 pm

so did she make it to the top 24?? i want to vote for her.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 pm

I haven't looked at the spoiler list but I read on the AI board that she did. Hoping so. If Melanie didn't make it she or that Angela would be my vote getters.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:35 am

:( I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I have seen the rumored 24 list and neither Melanie Nyema or Angela Martin are on it. Real bummer if this list is to be believed. However a couple of the people I did like are on it.

Guess, we will find out for sure next week!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:34 am

I know concertcris, I seen that list, I guess we can only hope it's wrong. I did see that Asin'h was on there though. So that's good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

back ground singer Empty
PostSubject: Re: back ground singer   back ground singer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

back ground singer
Page 1 of 1