Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Imported from the boogie: Another great article about Taylor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mandm

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Imported from the boogie: Another great article about Taylor Empty
PostSubject: Imported from the boogie: Another great article about Taylor   Imported from the boogie: Another great article about Taylor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:19 pm

I wish there were more of these. They put a smile on my face.

http://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/2007/12/think-we-need-gunslinger.html#links

Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Think We Need a Gunslinger

You might say we have adopted 2006 American Idol Taylor Hicks as the official musician of Legal Schnauzer. As a Birmingham-based blog, we think it makes sense to honor a "local boy done good."

But our appreciation for Hicks goes beyond the fact that he's from these parts. We like his rootsy music, his "up-by-the-bootstraps" back story, and his appreciation for those who came before him. Perhaps more than any other contestant on Idol, Hicks seemed to understand that modern music is built on the greats of yesteryear. When he sang "Levon" by Elton John or "Living for the City" by Stevie Wonder, you got the impression he wasn't just covering a song. You got the feeling he really "knew" those songs, that he had listened to them perhaps hundreds of times.

Hicks has not sold as many albums, or had as many hit singles, as some Idol products. But I think time will show that Hicks is not only an engaging performer but also a songwriter of signficant talent.

With that in mind, I believe Taylor Hicks would approve of starting off 2008 with a tribute to one of the greatest songwriters of this, or any other, era. And I'm talking about an artist I suspect Taylor Hicks greatly admires.

After all, this artist grew up in California, but his music has its roots in the blues, gospel, and soul of the Deep South. He was inspired to create his "swamp rock" sound from listening to blues legends such as Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Howlin' Wolf. In fact, one could make a strong argument that this artist is the most distinctive vocalist of the rock-and-roll era. And he developed his vocal style from listening to Howlin' Wolf.

They are referring to John Fogerty
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Imported from the boogie: Another great article about Taylor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imported from the boogie: Another great article about Taylor   Imported from the boogie: Another great article about Taylor Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:45 am

I think that is amazing! Thanks so much for bringing that over.
~tyg
Back to top Go down

Imported from the boogie: Another great article about Taylor
Page 1 of 1