Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Empty
PostSubject: Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now   Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Once described "the least likely Idol," Taylor Hicks, fifth season winner of the popular TV singing contest, American Idol used to be compared to comedian show host Jay Leno, what with his salt and pepper hair, "old-school" fashion sense and slightly "tubby" demeanor.

But that was yesterday. When Hicks flew in recently for a short visit and to perform in several gigs courtesy of apparel brand Mossimo, not a few noted how vastly he has improved in the looks department.

More than just being surprisingly fit and trim, Hicks has also enhanced his clothing style, earning screams from the ladies who claimed he now looked more like George Clooney.

Ever low-key and humble, Hicks shrugged the comparison and just did what he did best: Sing songs in his inimitable soulful style.

No doubt, Hicks won over many converts to his "Soul Patrol" when he did the rounds of Ayala Malls across the Metro, belting out numbers he made popular during the contest like "Taking it to the Streets," and "Do I Make You Proud" and of course, hits from his self-titled major label debut including "The Maze" and so much more.

According to Alex Bautista, retail operation manager for Mossimo, Hicks’ successful visit is just a first of many events they have lined-up on the occasion of their 10th Anniversary.

"Mossimo prides itself in coming up with great events. There are still more events coming up. I wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise and divulge everything to you now, but one thing is for sure, celebrations for our 10 years in the business are just beginning. We owe it the people. We aim to repay the loyalty they’ve shown us through the years."

And why did the soul sensation agree to do the gig as quickly?

Suffice it to say that Mossimo made the pop idol more than happy. Hicks credits Mossimo with his new-found flair for fashion.

"I put a lot of premium on comfort when it comes to clothes. Another thing important for me is to be able to move freely when I’m on stage. Mossimo’s line of shirts and jeans gave me that. I wore them exclusively during my stay
http://www.mb.com.ph/issues/2008/02/01/ENTR20080201115888.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now   Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Great read, thanks Jodi,
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now   Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:29 am

🆒 Good article. I beg to differ however on the fact that Taylor looked dowdy in the beginning. He was so handsome and different from Day 1 and that is what made me interested. Of course he looks great today but even back when he caught my eye.

Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now 322546
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now   Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 am

You are right concertcris, when I first seen Taylor standing against that wall, he looked different than the others. and that made him intersting, I told my husband right away that I hoped he went further and then when I heard him sing I told him he's got to win. He grew a lot during the season but I still thought he was the best looking one through the whole auditions. Of course I'm a little bit one sided as Taylor is and was my favorite.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now   Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:36 am

Truly? I didn't think he looked terrible. A little scruffy, but still adorable.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now   Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Always adorable Don't think the guy could look bad. 🆒
Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now   Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:41 pm

wietzema wrote:
You are right concertcris, when I first seen Taylor standing against that wall, he looked different than the others. and that made him intersting, I told my husband right away that I hoped he went further and then when I heard him sing I told him he's got to win. He grew a lot during the season but I still thought he was the best looking one through the whole auditions. Of course I'm a little bit one sided as Taylor is and was my favorite.

Great article - I also never found Taylor "dowdy" :) I sure thought he looked great on Season 5, and now he looks even better, I do agree with everyone above -
Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now 765416

Love the words "more events coming up" - bring 'em on - Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now   Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why dowdy Taylor Hicks looks so chic now
Page 1 of 1