Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 Empty
PostSubject: An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08   An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:05 am

:( It is always so sad when people are eliminated however I have to say tonight's show was packed with so much more emotion than any other results night I have ever witnessed.

Ryan begins the show by telling us the eliminations are inevitable, the results are real and welcome to American Idol. He also tells us that four are to be eliminated and that almost 31 million votes were cast. Then he introduces the judges.

An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 201170 Ryan does ask Randy what he thinks of using themes this year and I did find his answer interesting in the fact that better music was done back then compared to the current music of today. His question to Paula was how she felt about them not making the actual decisions anymore on who stays or goes. She felt good about it but also added she feels bad that the contestants are so terrified to hear their remarks about their performances. Simon actually was spotlighted more on how he has a new habit of holding his hand to his head. Much banter about this.

🎶 Our top 20 then do a medley of 70's songs which sounded pretty good and I was glad they did not seem to be knocking each other over like it appeared last week. One thing that stood out for me was how good Amanda Overmeyer sounded doing the Bonnie Tyler part she sang. She really should have sang something from her the night before I think.

😢 Our first elimination is next with the guys going first. This time they have the whole back row stand up. The order the guys who are safe are; Michael Johns, Chikezie Eze, Jason Castro. Then it is between Danny Noreiga and Jason Yeager. Danny looks so afraid. He did not have to worry as Jason Yeager is the first to go. My thoughts on this are I truly hated to see this man go as he is a much better singer than Danny. My big complaint about this is when Simon was asked why he was going he has the guts to say that Jason does not stand out in the crowd and he is not a bad singer. So my question is then why was he put through to this competition? Regardless, Jason sings his song again and this time once again I see more personality and a better vocal than the first time he did it.

:sad: The elimination of the girls was very emotional. Back row stands again with Ryan saying that Kristy Lee Cook is safe, Asiah Epperson is safe, Brooke White is safe. That leaves Alexandrea Lushington and Amanda Overmeyer with Alexandrea being the eliminated one. Randy does not think it was the right choice but agrees she picked the wrong song to sing. Alex is totally stunned but what got me was how emotional David Archuleta was over this elimination. He is comforted by Luke Menard and Alex ends her song hugging David.

:blue: The next elimination was truly emotional. First safe is Carly Smithson followed by Ramiele Malubay, Syesha Mercado. That leaves Kady Molloy and Alaina Whitaker. Quick re-cap of judges comments. Alaina Whitaker is the one to leave and she is so emotional she tells Ryan she can not sing. She is embarrassed by this. Lots of comfort is given to her by Ryan and Paula. Ryan gives her a choice to sing or not and asks the other girls to help her out. She does rally and does sing better than the night before I think. Everyone seems to be crying and I notice that Danny Noreiga appears to be the most upset of the guys.

Before the final elimination Ryan talks about "Idol Gives Back" which will be shown on the April 9th show. Highlights of last year's show are shown which raised 76 million dollars. Quite a feat indeed. Some of the guests who will be appearing on this year's show are Brad Pitt, Miley Cyrus, Reese Witherspoon, Mariah Carey, Snoop Dog, Daughtry and once again American Idol's golden girl; Carrie Underwood. However also mentioned is that on March 11th the top 12 will be announced and Ruben Studdard will be doing the going home song this year. That is a surprise considering he is no longer under J Records contract. However I am glad to see that at least that a true American Idol winner will be doing this.

:eyepop: The final elimination of the guys really surprised me. The front row stands up. Luke Menard and Robbie Carrico are called to center stage with all 3 Davids being safe. Shock abounds as it is announced that Robbie Carrico is the one leaving. Robbie says he thinks he could have done his song choice better. Simon says that he feels the public saw what they saw and that is basically the rocker image was just not shown.

Of course, we then see the journey that all four have taken to get to this point. Robbie closes the show singing "Hot-Blooded" with the rest of the contestants joining him on stage.

An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 833804 My final thoughts are I was right about what girls should go and also felt that maybe Jason Yeager might be eliminated but Robbie Carrico was the big surprise and I honestly think he should have stayed. So next week we will be down to 16 and hopefully my favorites as well as yours will not be leaving the show.

Until next time! An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 396979
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08   An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:33 am

I so agree with you on the elemantions, It didn't surprise me with the girls and even Jason Y didn't surprise me, I was shocked when Robbie was voted out, For some reason I thought it would be Chickezie but was fooled. It was sad to see Alaina, I do think this gal has a lot of talent but maybe her nerves got the best of her or something and honestly I swear this kid could be Carrie Underwoods double, she looks like her sounds like her of so I think anyway.

I'm happy that Ruben has been reconized and writing a song for the top 12 elemantions, that was a nice touch by AI, only thing better would have been Taylor being on the America Gives Back or as a guest or somehting...

Great recap CC.. Thanks so much..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08   An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:44 am

Perhaps Tay will get the honour next year or something. I dunno - I can dream anyway.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08   An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 8:31 am

An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 527840 for posting Sandi and Tyg. The good news is that each of the eliminated contestants have gotten lots of exposure and hopefully they will still be able to fulfill their dreams.

Yeppers I agree that I wish Taylor was given some of the same consideration that other idols have gotten.

wiggle I was so thrilled that David Hernandez was safe this week as when I voted for him I was able to get through every time and that had me worried. Of all of them I am most hoping that David and Asiah Epperson make the top 10 for sure.

Bye for now!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08   An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:13 am

CC I voted for David H too and like you I got through each time and it did bother me but I was sure he'd be safe. YES.. I do like him he is different and good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08   An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Emotional Results Night - 2/28/08
Page 1 of 1