Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Performance Night - 3/25/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Performance Night - 3/25/08 Empty
PostSubject: Performance Night - 3/25/08   Performance Night - 3/25/08 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:25 am

Performance Night - 3/25/08 42519 Tonight's theme is songs from the year our contestants were born and what a relief after two weeks of Beatles music. Ryan starts our show looking great in gray by saying "They made the top 10, will go on tour and the next goal is the Nokia Theatre". Intros follow for Ricky Minor band, our contestants and then our "superstar" judges. Randy in black, Paula in silver and Simon in green.

👶 Before each performs tonight we get to see lots of baby pictures and hear some things about their growing up. I must say we did see some very cute photos. Now for the actual performances.

Performance Night - 3/25/08 833804 First up is cute Ramiele Malubay who was born on 9/6/86. Tonight she is performing "Alone" by Heart. This song has been done so many times in past seasons and I am sure many were comparing her to when Carrie Underwood sang it. Ramiele again did not quite live up to her potential. She started out too softly I think but some of her big notes sounded great but sadly the pitch problems were there as mentioned by Randy. She evidently has been sick which is one reason Paula thought it was not her best. Simon thought it was better than last week. I sort of liked it but was not blown away. My grade: B-

Performance Night - 3/25/08 820770: Goofy Jason Castro is actually celebrating his birthday today. Born in the year 1987, he has chosen to sing a lesser known song by Sting entitled "Fragile". I actually had to go and listen to the original because I had never heard this song before. Jason is definitely no Sting. Again playing his guitar and sitting on a stool (is this getting old or what) he is singing so softly I actually had to strain to hear the words. Both Randy and Paula thought it was a nice, safe choice with Simon saying he has had two bad weeks in a row and he needs to start getting serious. It was sort of pleasant but definitely no wow factor in my opinion. My grade: B-

:surprised: With a totally different arrangement Syesha Mercado is performing "If I Were Your Woman" by Gladys Knight and The Pips. She was born on 1-27-87. One thing that can be said about Syesha is she really shows emotion as she is singing. I thought the performance was good but again not great. Randy called it her best performance ever, Paula thought she was pitch-perfect, however Simon thought she stretched her vocals too far. I will add that I love how she does her baby-cry. It just sounds so cute. As for the performance: My grade: B

:blue: I feel bad for Chikezie Eze having been born on September 11th in the year 1985. So many remember the attacks from 9/11. That aside our velvet voice guy is singing "If Only For One Night" originally by Luther Van Dross. I must say that Chikezie made Luther proud with his vocals. Randy however did not love it and called it boring. Paula on the other hand did love it. Simon just thought the vocals were okay but the performance was cheesy being Chikezie did sing right to the girls in the audience. My guess is Simon does not know that some girls like this kind of thing. I personally loved it. My grade: A

😕 Next up is Brooke White who was born on 6/2/83. She is doing the Police song "Every Breathe You Take". She flubs up the first note of the song but gets a grip and delivers another pleasant boring performance as she plays the piano. Usually the judges would get down on someone who goofed up a note but not in Brooke's case as it is evident they truly like her. Randy called it okay as did Simon but they would have preferred her to only sing with the piano and no band back-up. Paula thought her performance was an improvement over last week and that is one thing I will agree with. While I think this girl can sing, I just simply find her consistently boring as an entertainer. Sorry Brooke fans. My grade: B

:rockon: Finally a truly great performance by our Aussie Michael Johns who was born 10/20/78. He is doing Queen's "We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions". Showing lots of confidence he does a solid performance with very good vocals. Randy calls it his best performance. Paula loves it and feels it was the right song choice and even Simon finally sees star potential. In my opinion, Michael finally did himself proud. My grade: A

:nono: For some reason I had a feeling Carly Smithson would sing "Total Eclipse of The Heart" by Bonnie Tyler and I was right. I kind of felt this was not a good song choice but in reality she did perform it well. Looking so much better tonight in her black dress, she showed a rock edge and with the exception of the last note I truly liked it. Randy was not feeling it, Paula loved it and Simon thought she looked tense and it did not quite work for him. Overall, a good performance I thought. My grade: B+

:tsk: David Archuleta who was born 12/28/90 picked a song that was not a hit in the U. S. entitled "You're The Voice" originally by John Farnham who Simon obviously knows about. I must admit I had never heard of this song so had to google it and actually it is a pretty good song by the original. David started off a little rough at the beginning but as the song progressed he got better. I was not blown away however this kid can really sing. Randy thought it was a good, strange choice as did Paula who sounds like she has a cold. Neither knew of this song. Simon thought he did well in parts but compared it to a theme park performance. I can't quite agree with that. My grade: B

🍌 Kristy Lee Cook makes a smart choice as Simon says and performs "God Bless The U.S.A" originally by Lee Greenwood. She was born 1/18/84. I actually thought she started off pretty good but halfway through the song, we start hearing the pitchy notes. Randy mentions this as does Paula and both feel it was a good song choice. Simon thinks it is the best performance we have heard from her and actually I agree with this. I am sure she will be safe this week as being this song is so patriotic, it was indeed a smart choice. The performance itself was just so-so in my opinion. My grade: B-

Performance Night - 3/25/08 924272 David Cook who was born 12/20/82 is performing one of the most popular songs of Michael Jackson called "Billie Jean". I at once caught the Daughtry vibe with his stance but vocally he surpassed any song Chris had ever done. With a different arrangement and a slower version of this song he nailed it big time for me. Randy was so impressed he could not think of enough words to describe it (blazing, molten hot, etc.). Paula was so blown away she could hardly sit down. Simon called it brave and thought it was absolutely amazing. I so agree and he gets my top grade for the night. A+ all the way.

clap I have to say that I was more entertained this week than last and overall most of the contestants did fairly well.

My bottom 3 are: Ramiele, Jason and Kristy however I am fearful for Chikezie and Carly.

Who should go: My vote goes to Ramiele

wiggle As I bid you a good night I look forward to your comments.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Performance Night - 3/25/08   Performance Night - 3/25/08 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:20 am

Woah, Michael Jackson, huh? Very impressive. What a thrill that had to be for David. Just to be afforded that opportunity, and to do well at it...Yep, cool, cool...
I am still unimpressed with Kristy Lee. By the way, I was listening to the radio on the way in to school this morning. They talked about her. Apparantly, Kristy Lee was signed to Brittany Spears's label when she was 17 - the first on that label - and was asked to be released from it in 1993 I think they said. Interesting, I thought.
So far, it's interesting going. Thanks again for bringing us up to speed.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Performance Night - 3/25/08   Performance Night - 3/25/08 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:19 am

Great recap CC, thanks so much. I think once again you nailed it right on the head.

Ramiele didn't seem so tense last night, and seemed to have liked being there or maybe she's got her nerves in check but I thought she did pretty good. She sure was a cutie wasn't she...

Jason - I didn't not care for the song he sang, but maybe because I've never heard it before as you say. I so agree that it's getting old with these guys ALL of them and their instruments, don't care for them doing that but then that's me ha. Don't like change ya know. Jason I think is slowly moving into "front runner" place and I think he has to step it up a bit to stay there.

Syesha- Ok I know the judges thought she did so well and she did pretty good but for me she sang that song way to slow or at least the way I remember it being sang that is, again Syesha is not a favorite of mine but she should be safe this week on would think anyway.

Chikeze- I thought the same thing you did when he said his birthday as 9-11 what a birthdate huh? I really liked his performance last night, and he to I think is moving up the latter to the prize, He's shown amazing control and spirt, maybe David being voted off helped him in some small way because they were roomies and he had told David NO WAY he was going home that his vocals were to good to be voted off, Anyway what ever the reason, I do believe that Chikeze went from being a second rate performer to one of the best they have. JMO

Brooke- I'm sorry guys, I can not warm up to this gal. Dont' know why she just isn't that great in my opinion and I'm thinking that she is not going to get out of her comfort zone and again sorry but I'm really tired of her piano that and everything she sings is so gloomy or slow I guess that's her comfort zone, And I so agree with you that normally the judges would have pounced on her for messing up in the begining and starting over, I"ve never heard anyone doing that before without being told that it was not good to do, but these guys last night said it was a good idea to do??? Did I miss something? Oh well, Didn't care for it and she's another one that I believe should start showing a little personality..JMO

I think Micheal John was the best last night, he did a great job and although he has never been my favorite I have to say that he sure did a great job,, I do like this song and I think Micheal did a great job with it, He's showing he does deserve to be there and I hope he keeps it up..

Carly- Again I really like this song and she had me drawn in all the way through until she took that last note, mistake for her me thinks. She did a good job with it right up until that last minute, I was also surprised that Randy said it wasn't her best because for me I thought it was but then of course I've also said the best thing about Carly is her accent ha.. But she did ok

David A- I did not like his song choice but FINALLY he showed a little spirt on the stage instead of just standing there, He can sing I'll give him that but I think he has no idea what he's singing really I mean I know he's 17 but he acts younger than that most times. I thought right away when Simon said it was almost like he (David) didn't pick the song himself I thought right away maybe his dad picked it for him as I've heard that his dad is very forcefull and has had to be talked to several times about saying something when he shoudn't. I kind of agree with your mark for him but think I'd have given him the - behind the B ha..

Kristi- What a turn around, I though she did great but am wondering if there is any other songs she can sing real well other than the Amazing Grace's and the God Bless the USA's She does have a good voice and I thought this was her best performance just hope she continues doing this but I'm afraid that she started a little to little to late.

David C- He did ok I thought but for me it was not the best of the night as the judges said. Of course this has never been one of my favorite songs so I'm a little on the edge about it going in, He did great with it but I think the judges prasied him to much for it, Again he is not one of my favorite but oh well..

I also agree that for me it's been the best these guys have done sense Hollywood, JMO, they all seemed to be on top of their game and did good, I thought going in to last night that I had a pretty good guess as to who would be in the bottom 3 but now not so sure. I agree that the bottom 2 will be the 3 you mentioned but I don't think Ramiele should go yet and would rather see Syesha go before her or Kristi But what are the chances??

Thanks CC great review and I know saying that Jason and David C are not my favorite would have a lot of the SP up in arms because it seems that is who they are hoping for, from what I've seen it's about 1/2 and 1/2 with the two, but for me I sure miss David H.. I really did like him and am trying to keep up with him on what he's doing now, he's in NY right now... Hummmmmm interesting.
Thanks again..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Performance Night - 3/25/08   Performance Night - 3/25/08 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:34 pm

:waveing: Hi Tyg and Sandi. Thanks for responding to my post. Have to agree with Sandi that everyone did better than last week and even surprised myself giving Michael kudos for a job well done.

I did vote but only for Chikezie and Carly because I do not want either to leave yet. I just love their voices, what can I say. I honestly do not think Kristy will be in the bottom 3 tonight because she did that patriotic song. Who will land there, well obviously it will be someone who should not be there.

Anyway, be back later with the results.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Performance Night - 3/25/08   Performance Night - 3/25/08 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi to you to Concertcris, :waveing: The AI boards are all abuzz that it's Jason that will leave tonight, needless to say his fans are not to thrilled, I'd hate to see him go but as they say someone has to right, And who ever it is will be back for the finale and will go on tour so they have the right step in the door anyway..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance Night - 3/25/08   Performance Night - 3/25/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Performance Night - 3/25/08
Page 1 of 1