Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 Empty
PostSubject: It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10   It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:28 pm

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 42519 Hello once again. As you know the guys performed on Tuesday and taking a comment from Ryan Seacrest, it is the ladies turn to answer back. This is American Idol.

We had some quick introductions to the ladies as well as the judges. Following the usual format, each judge has a comment before we begin.

Randy thinks the guys brought it and the girls need to step it up.

Ellen talks about how important song choice is.

From Kara and Simon we get some banter about how "close" they seemed to becoming. Is Kara's hubby watching I wonder. I must add at this point I truly think Kara is trying to be Paula Abdul in a way. Simon does get serious for a moment by saying the girls need to throw out their nerves and deal with the pressure.

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 839840 No fooling around tonight as we immediately get to the first performer who is Crystal Bowersox. Remember she was ill enough to be sent to the hospital and even tonight she looks like she does not feel well. Before her song she lets us know she has a twin brother who is square and that she also carries a pouch with little trinkets that cover periods of her life. I have to say maybe illness did get her down physically but certainly did not affect her voice as she was fantastic singing Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Long As I Can See The Light". Randy thinks she stays true to herself. Ellen praises her raw, natural talent and finds her amazing. Kara thinks she is a good example of Americana rock and she has hit a new level. Simon admires that she did not use the sympathy card and finds her vocal power incredible. He also thinks she is a really serious artist. I really dug this performance. My grade: A

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 72213 Next up is Haeley Vaughn who makes her own headbands. She looks cute tonight but sadly flounders as she performs "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. While I applaud her going for the younger aspect, she is pitchy throughout most of the song. Randy agrees by saying it did not work for him. Ellen thinks she does not connect well with the song but wants her to keep smiling. Kara feels people like her because she is real and honest but does need to strengthen her singing ability. Then Kara makes a stupid comment that Haeley should have waited a year to try out. Why oh why did they put this girl through to the top 24 if she was not ready I ask. Simon found it an utter mess and further says the irony to him was she was singing about climbing but actually fell off. My grade: C-

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 24394 Lacey Brown likes to antique shop and refurbish different items. Taking Kara's advice from last week she is performing the song "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer. This was definitely a better choice for her voice but some off-notes do appear and frankly it was just okay. Randy calls it karaoke. Ellen sort of agrees but thinks she is adorable. Kara says in parts of the song she brought back some of her tone but she does need to step it up. Simon calls it marginally better but still forgettable. I do think Lacey showed better stage presence this week. My grade: B-

🍌 Katie Stevens is very cute and also wants to go for the younger aspect this week. She tells us before she performs that she can say the phrase "give me a kiss" in 6 different languages. She also prepares for her song by jumping up and down and screaming at a mirror like a less unfortunate contestant earlier in this season. Doing a song I think should be banished from this show she attempts to perform "Put Your Records On" by Corrine Bailey Rae. This was a good one for Corrine but Katie has problems singing it in her lower register in the beginning. The second half is better but I was sort of distracted by the winking Katie does while she performs. Randy thought Katie had a few bright moments. Ellen thinks she has a great voice but also did not like the song choice. She adds she wants her to act younger (huh! like how young Ellen). Kara is frustrated because she thinks she has the talent but thought she was pitchy. Simon can not figure out what kind of artist Katie will be and is also frustrated. My grade: B

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 76735 I like Didi Benami's voice tone who tells us she was once a mascot. She does pray and does cat meows to warm up her voice. Sadly I felt she showed this talent more as she attempts the soulful song "Lean On Me" by Bill Withers. Her tone does show through at times but overall I found this performance pretty awful. Randy and Ellen agree she has a good voice but the song was just not right for her. Kara flat out says it was not good and feels Didi is not consistent. Simon mentions she carried her exercise of meowing into the performance and came off like a screeching cat. Poor Didi bites her lips during these critiques to avoid crying. Ryan senses this and tries to be comforting to this young girl which I applaud. My grade: C

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 957205 Michelle Delamor likes working with kids and is a choir director for some at her church. She prays and meditates before each performance and certainly needed the extra help tonight as she sings Creed's "With Arms Wide Open". I did not like the arrangement at all and found this performance quite bland and boring. Unlike Randy I also did not care for her mushroom effect dress. I did agree with Randy that her singing fell flat. Ellen likes that she took a risk but agrees with Randy about the song. Kara the nut says this was her favorite performance by her because she thinks Michelle is believable. Does anyone else want Kara to just shut up? Simon sort of agrees with Kara but does feel she struggled in this song. My grade: C-

:sing: Wild child Lilly Scott plays lots of different "moogs" (this means different instruments I guess). She uses throat spray to warm up her voice. Tonight she gives a different twist to the song "A Change Is Gonna Come" by the legendary Sam Cooke. Randy and I both agreed that Lilly was unique. Ellen thinks she has the "it" factor although she is not sure what that all means. Kara feels Lilly had a "moment' with this performance and says good job. Simon thinks she over-sang some of the parts but feels she is revelant. I thought it was good but not great. My grade: B

clap Katelyn Epperly was studying to be a recording engineer before trying out for this season. She likes to not think about her performance and goofs off before she sings. She is playing a beautiful white piano while she sings "The Scientist" by Coldplay. I really like this song period by this group. Katelyn chooses to slow it down maybe too much as mentioned by some of the judges but overall I thought she did a very haunting and passion filled performance. Randy really liked it in spite of a few of her notes being pitchy. Ellen goofs by saying she liked that she played the guitar but corrects herself by blaming her mistake on the slow pace of the song which made her sleepy. Kara kind of loves her as she feels she has an incredible instrument. Kara is really getting on my nerves with this over-the-top comments she is making. Just say voice Kara. Simon thought it was a smart choice of song but thinks Katelyn comes off a bit corny. Simon, it is Kara who is acting corny dude! Regardless I liked it. My grade: B+

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 396952 Paige Miles is up next and tells us she likes to color with crayons and a coloring book. She mentions this helps her to relax for the performances. While I was not so enthused with her last week I thought she did a good job with Kelly Clarkson's "Walk Away". Maybe not a wow performance but definitely an improvement even though I really do not see star power. Randy liked it but did not love it. Ellen on the other hand loved it and feels she made it her own. Kara also liked it (keep in mind Kara wrote this song). Kara's only problem was she felt Paige was too happy and smiley for this song since it was written regarding a break-up Kara had with an old boyfriend. Simon felt it was forgettable. My grade: B

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 833804 Our last performer of the night is Siobhan Magnus who lets us know she once had a mohawk. She also demonstrates the lip trills she does to warm up her voice. I kind of laughed at this as my 2 year old grandson does this also when he is frustrated. While I liked Siobhan last week I was not blown away with her rendition of the song "Think" by Aretha Franklin. For me it was just okay and that last note sounded shrill to my ears. However the judges praise her to high heaven for the last note. Randy adds she is bold and fearless. Ellen loved it period. Kara is in awe over the big note and wonders how she does it. Siobhan says she practiced the note in the shower as she admires how Kelly Clarkson does it (thanks Kelly). Simon calls her a strange person but does find her interesting. My grade: B-

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 468517 The night ends with some chitchat between Ryan and the judges. Simon feels Crystal was the best of the night and I have to agree. My picks to go home include Haeley Vaughn, Lacey Brown, Michelle Delamor and Didi Benami. I feel all of these girls may be in trouble. Thursday we will find out if I am right.

Bye for now!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10   It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:53 pm

I'll make my comments about the girls tomorrow. I'm on another computer and don't have my little cheat notes with me. I will say one thing. I wasn't too impressed with the girls this week. Hope they do better next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10   It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:06 am

OK, I'm back to give my comments about the girls. Soooooo, here we go. :)

Crystal Bowersox - I have to admit Crystal has become my all time favorite girls. I love her soulful voice and the fact she makes her own path. Much the way Taylor did in season five. I totally agree with your grade CC. A big fat A+ is my grade for her.

Haeley Vaughn - What's really sad about Haeley is.....I liked her when she auditioned but since then she showed no wow-factor for me. It didn't surprised me she got voted off. She fell flat!

Lacy Brown - Lacy's performance was another one that fell flat. She is a pretty girl and a good look but the song for me was simply boring.

Katie Stevens - I really do like the maturity of this young lady's voice. With alittle coaching I truly believe she could do well throughout this whole competition.

Lily Scott - This girl is starting to grow on me. I didn't like her much during the audition process. But this week's song converted me. Now I'm a fan of hers.

Katelyn Epperly - In my book she is OK. Not much more I can say about it.

DiDi Benami - What was scary about DiDi's performance is that when I closed my eyes and listened to her voice she reminds soooo much of Megan Joy. And I seriously don't like Megan.

Michelle Delamor - Another one I liked during the auditions. But she disappointed me from Hollywood week on. I think America got it right voting her off.

Paige Miles - Another OK performance.

Sioblan Magnus - Another *thumbs up* . I liked it and I think she has enough talent to hang in there throughout the weeks to come.

The voters did good this week in voting off Jermaine Sellers, Michelle Delamor, Haeley Vaughn and John Park.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10   It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Ladies Night - 3/3/10
Page 1 of 1