Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 Empty
PostSubject: The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11   The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:28 am

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 42519 Hi there! Cutting to the chase our show opening is Ryan Seacrest (what is with that weird hairstyle Ryan) telling us that last night the guys were a force to be reckoned with and tonight the ladies answer back. After that famous opening line "this is American Idol" our judges and Ryan are introduced to the audience followed with an introduction to the ladies who I must say looked lovely in their outfits.

I won't give you all the details of the same thing we heard the night before about song choice, eliminations, etc.etc.etc. However let's let the judges shine for a moment.

Jennifer Lopez looking beautiful in her silver outfit thinks what makes the girls special is they are talented, beautiful and just as explosive as the guys.

Randy Jackson brings up the point of people going the distance but in reality the real question should be "am I looking at the next American Idol". How true!

Steven Tyler loves the applause he gets. His take is he senses lots of nerves from the girls but they have to sing like there is no tomorrow.

Okay girls, show us your stuff!

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 76735 I agreed with Randy's assessment of the first young lady to perform. Tatynisa Wilson is singing Rhianna's "Only Girl In The World" and not doing a very good job with it. She really tries to pull the audience in with her stage presence but frankly the notes were just too off for anyone to care. Steven obviously heard something different as he thought it was a beautiful way to open the show (are you drunk Steven?). Jennifer thought she started shakey but brought it home at the end (J-Lo must be sipping also). Randy the voice of reason mentions the sharp notes and pales to the original. The best part of this part of the show was the inter-change between Ryan, Jennifer and Randy about moving the crowd for me personally. Tatynisa, sorry chick but you are boring. My grade: D

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 396952 Naima Adedapo is certainly a different type as illustrated with the gown she wore which she helped design she tells Ryan. This "chiquita banana" opts to sing "Summertime" with a jazzy feel. I thought it was a little cabaret (to echo Simon) and except for the last note was not blown away. I guess my real problem is I like hearing this song done slower and with a sexy edge to it but I got none of this from Naima. Jennifer thinks she brings color and compares her to an exotic flower in a rose garden. Randy calls it a little "lounge-y" but feels she made it interesting enough to show what kind of an artist she is. Steven compares her to an early Ella Fitzgerald and loved it alot. My grade: B

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 485234 I am a fan of Christina Aguilera but somehow the song "Impossible" as sung by Kendra Chantelle did not impress me much. The first part of the song was kind of boring although the second half got better. Overall just an okay performance for me personally. Randy says he loves her vibrato and she reminds him of Lauryn Hill (no wonder I did not like it). Steven calls the clothes hot and the style hot. Jennifer thinks she has heart and there is more she could bring to the stage. My grade: B

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 957205 Quirky Rachel Zevita is up next. She looks lovely as she throws off the cape covering a sexy-looking dress (the burlesque pose was hot) but then she opens her mouth to sing Fiona Apple's song "Criminal". I could go on and on with my thoughts of this number but I will sum it up for you in one word; horrible. Steven loved the strut but felt it was too Broadway. Rachel responds with she has never done that type of singing which brings Steven to total silence as he looks at her in dis-belief. Jennifer wants to know if this is the type of artist Rachel wants to show America she is (no real response here). Randy just tells it like it is "it wasn't great". I agree. My grade: D-

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 945178 Karen Rodriquez is doing a song that has been sung to death on this show. However her twist to Mariah Carey's "Hero" is she sings parts of the song in Spanish. I honestly do not think she has the power to carry off this song however when she brought in the Spanish lines I kind of liked it. Jennifer did too and she shows it gave her goosebumps. Randy liked the Spanish parts better than the English ones. Steven feels she is a one-of-a-kind singer and should do a duet with Jacob Lusk. My grade: B+

clap For the first time tonight I am throughly entertained as Lauren Turner belts out the song "Seven-Day Fool" by Etta James. It was raw, bluesy and controlled in my opinion. Randy loved the bluesy, soulful flavor she gave the song and adds "that's how you do it". Steven calls it spectacular. Jennifer thinks Lauren could have gotten more into the camera's face but she too liked it. My grade: A

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 88275 You know I really liked Ashthon Jones during the group rounds but tonight she disappoints me with the Monica song "Love Over Me". In my eyes she appeared to be trying to hard and frankly I could barely understand her wording. Steven is being nice to his "jonesy" as he liked it. Jennifer calls her amazing and remarks she has the makings of a real diva. Randy likes her confidence but did not think the song choice was right for her. I so agree with this thought. My grade: B-

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 709577 When are these girls going to realize how big a mistake it is to sing another idol's successful song? Sadly Julie Zorrilla makes that mistake by singing Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway". Julie was all over the place with pitchy notes and just could not deliver the smoothness that Kelly did. Each of the judges were not impressed with Jennifer saying it was not the best thing, Randy adding she just did not bring it and Steven's remark of it was the wrong song choice. I am so letdown as Julie was one of my favorites and I feel her time on idol is now at an end. My grade: D

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 201170 Haley Reinhart is singing "Fallin" by Alicia Keys. Her phrasing is a little off but what impressed me about her rendition of this song was she sort of made it her own. Sure I missed the rasp she demonstrated in "God Bless The Child" but overall I enjoyed this performance. Had to disagree strongly with Randy who called it karaoke. Both Steven and Jennifer thought she brought the right amount of style and sexiness however Jennifer does mention she has to stop over-thinking her moves. My grade: B+

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 57823 Young Thia Megia is singing "Out Here On My Own" by Irene Cara. I actually did not care for the soft way she presented this number as I kept waiting for her to wow us although her last note was fairly good. Jennifer on the other hand liked the soft and still performance that she thinks captivated everyone (except me I guess). Steven mentions that sometimes the pitch can be perfect and Thia did just that. Randy also mentions the quality of the tone and felt this was hot singing. Sorry, but I just can not agree with all this praise. My grade: B-

lips I was expecting to hear a hot rocker number by Lauren Alaina instead she gives us a country number "Turn On The Radio" by Reba McIntyre. Once again I appear to not be hearing what the judges heard as I felt she sounded kind of disconnected with the lyrics of this song. Jennifer calls her a natural talent and her singing is effortless. I could not believe that Randy actually compared her to Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Steven thinks she has a spot in the middle of these two artists and loved it. Sorry Alaina fans but this was just not right for me. My grade: B-

One last note before I go to the last contestant. I am expecting we will be hearing Ryan called "Peaches" alot during this season as Lauren who no doubt will make the top 5 used that term to describe him (both Ryan and Lauren are from Georgia). I think this nickname is sort of cute to describe Ryan.

:sing: Finally the highlight of the show has come into focus as Pia Toscano takes the stage to wow us with her performance of "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders. To my ears her vocals were superb and loved that note she threw in towards the end of the song which gave me chills. Pia earned a first as she got a standing ovation from the judges as well as the audience. Randy calls her "unbelievable". Steven says she is over the top, georgeous. Jennifer thinks she was the saving the best for when it counted most; tonight. I agree, this lady is good! My grade: A

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 833804 Tonight's show was not as entertaining as the guy night but I do think we saw a couple of wonderful performances along the way. I only have four girls who I hope make the top 5. They include Pia Toscano, Lauren Turner, Haley Reinhart and possibly Karen Rodriquez. As mentioned before I think Lauren Alaina will be a shoo-in but in regards to the wild card no clue whatsoever. One last thing I think the elimination show involving the girls might not be to my liking overall due to the amount of praise we heard involving some of the other girl contestants. So with that thought in mind I bid you a good day ahead.

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11   The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:21 am

I'm seriously eating my words after listening to the girls Wednesday night. There ended up being several girls I really do like. Karen Rodriguez, Haley Reinhart, Thia Megia and Naima Adedaso (not sure the last man is spelled right) Anyway, so looking forward to seeing which ones make it into the top 10. (hoping they all do) LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

The Ladies Take The Stage - 3/2/11
Page 1 of 1