Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Is The Real Deal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Is The Real Deal Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Gesh why do I love that title so much?
I saw this over on the boogie. Thought I would bring it over...
This from Jim Vallance who co wrote ''The Right Place " with Bryan Adams:

In September,2006,when I heard that Taylor Hicks was recording an album,I remembered what Randy said at the audition. ' Bring all the Cocker,all the Ray, c'mon man " It made me think of The Right Place.I knew the song wasn't a "hit "in the traditional sense,but I thought it would be a perfect vechicle for Taylor to channel his inner "Joe and Ray "
Bryan sang beautifully on our " home demo " but I was equally impressed with Taylor's performance.I was also very happy with Matt Serletic's production and arrangement,especially the use of bass,drums,guitar and gospel backing vocals ( our original demo was very sparse,just me on keyboards and Bryan on vocals )
On July 17,2007,Taylor performed " The Right Place " on the popular television show "The View " .It was " back to basics " with Taylor on vocals and harmonica and Loren Gold on piano,similar to the way the song was originally written and demo'd.
It was apparant that Taylor had developed an affinity for the song in the ten months since he recorded it. His vocal performance digs even deeper than it did in the studio version,and Loren provided solid support on the piano.
For anyone who ever doubted the legitimacy of American Idol success,this performance proves beyond a doubt,that Taylor Hicks is the " real deal "
This was quite a compliment from Jim Vallance . Once a song is written,the choice of who will perform it is critical to it's success,and TRP,is Taylor Hicks at his best !
This is the full piece on The Right Place and Taylor.

http://www.jimvallance.com/01-music...ight-place.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:31 am

Awesome read. And duh, knew that, about his being the real deal....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:51 am

woo hoo Good article and also love that title. I think if he had released "The Right Place" first his cd may have done better with sales. It was the perfect song for weddings as shown on the recent Regis and Kelly show.

Thanks for posting this.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:08 am

I so agree with that. We're using it up here for my friend Margaret's wedding next month.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
tishlp

tishlp

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Great article, Jodi. I wish The Right Place could have been released to radio also, it's such an awesome song. Maybe sometime in the future Taylor will put it on another album and release to radio.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:25 pm

I agree it should have been released as his first single but NO the label wanted Just To Feel That Way,. Don't get me wrong, I love JTFTW, it's a beautful song and one day I really listened to it and it truly is a wonderful song but I think This would have made the Cd a super hit,
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Sorry my fav has always been "If you give me tonight".
I just like the beat to it
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:12 pm

Give me tonite would have made a great third single I feel. With all the promotional stuff they did for Runaround, that ought to have been first, followed by Right Place. That's how I would have marketed it anyway.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Is The Real Deal   Taylor Is The Real Deal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Is The Real Deal
Page 1 of 1