Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard   Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:27 pm

Girl4Reba posted at HQ

Posted by Donna Reynolds June 22, 2008 2:49PM
Categories: American Idol

'Idol 5' winner, Taylor Hicks, has signed a distribution deal with Vanguard records.American Idol Season 5 winner, Taylor Hicks, has signed a distribution deal with Vanguard Records. Taylor will release a compilation CD this summer that will include tracks from his first two indie CDs, Under the Radar and In Your Time. Taylor has formed his own label, Modern Whomp Records, which will actually release the CD. Vanguard is responsible for distribution of the disc, but it will be up to Taylor to promote it.
After winning Idol in 2006, Taylor signed with Arista Records. His first CD, which was released in December 2006, sold just over 700,000 copies, and in January 2008, he was dropped by Arista.

The Vanguard deal may be a good one for Taylor. The label represents a diverse group of more forward-thinking artists, including Edwin McCain, Hootie and the Blowfish, Joan Osborne, Levon Helm, Marc Broussard, and Robert Cray among others.

Distribution deals are becoming more commonplace among former Idols as well as established artists. These arrangements allow the artist more control over his or her material, but the downside is that the artist's own management team is responsible for handling publicity, arranging tour dates, and otherwise promoting the album.

Taylor is currently appearing as Teen Angel in the Broadway production of Grease. He has said that he is working on his sophomore album during his off-time.

http://blog.syracuse.com/idolthough...istributio.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard   Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:14 am

:) While I am very happy for Taylor that he now has a new label to distribute his material I am also wondering just how well the cd might go over as most of his loyal fans already own all of his cds I think. I know I do. However it could be possible that others did not get his post idol cds and this might be a good thing after all. I am hoping that Taylor will also be giving us some new music.

Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard 396952 I am still wondering what happen to that DVD that was suppose to be released.

Anyway congrats to Taylor and thanks for posting this.

Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard 839840
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard   Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:38 pm

I love Taylor however, i have a sick feeling about this. I am hoping Taylor will prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
brootsie

brootsie

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard   Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:54 am

Good Morning ! :waveing: I preordered the CD ...I do own all of his cd's already. But I figured, as an "introductory buy ", it would be good to get word to Vanguard (in a round-about way) -that we welcome them- but definately want more from Taylor. Exclamation I hope they will meet and exceed our expectations. Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard 24206 just my opinion though.... :frog
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard   Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:42 pm

The way I look at it is. Were fans and here to help. If buying this cd will help promote him in anyway im there. Promotion is the one thing Taylor will always need help in....
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard   Taylor Hicks signs distribution deal with Vanguard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1