Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idol News - 3/24/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Idol News - 3/24/08 Empty
PostSubject: Idol News - 3/24/08   Idol News - 3/24/08 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:04 pm

:D Hello all. Figured I catch up and give you some idol news as I have sadly neglected this part of my usual postings. So enjoy!

🆒 Phil Stacey from Season 6 has a lot to be happy about these days. A dream come true for him will happen on Saturday, March 29th as he will be appearing at the Grand Ole Opry. Phil who plays both piano and guitar will perform his first single "If You Didn't Love Me" from his self-titled album which is set to be released April 29th. He also will be premiering other songs from this album. Currently his first single is on Billboard's top 35 country charts this week. Way to go Phil!

clap Ellen DeGeneras will once again co-host with Ryan Seacrest on the April 9th show of "Idol Gives Back". Some noteworthy people scheduled to appear on this show include Maroon 5, Heart, Gloria Esteban, Boyz II Men, The Clark Brothers, Bono, Brad Pitt, Reese Witherspoon, Miley Cyrus, Mariah Carey, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Fergie, Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Annie Lennox, John Legend and Snoop Dogg among others. Should be a great show!

Idol News - 3/24/08 195404 Belated birthday wishes go to our own "Baby V" Vonzell Solomon who turned 24 on March 18th. Staying quite busy since her Season 4 idol days she has been involved in numerous appearances, appeared in the movie "Still Green" and now is the CEO of her own independent label entitled Melodic Records. Her cd "My Struggle" was released to ITunes in January of last year and will be hitting the stores in the next few months. Currently she is on the tour "Simply Ballroom" with another Season 4 alumni Anthony Federov. She also is the paid spokesperson for the U.S. Postal Service as she was once a mail carrier. One last bit of news is she is one of the alums who will be at the Idol Camp this summer along with Ace Young from Season 5, Bo Bice from Season 4 and Jon Peter Lewis of Season 3. Happy camping Baby V.

Idol News - 3/24/08 96762 Another belated birthday wish goes to Carrie Underwood who turned 24 years old on March 10th. No need to go into Carrie's many accomplishments since her Season 4 win. However one special note to add to this young lady's many moments is she will be formerly inducted into the Grand Ole Opry family on May 10th. Another tidbit: Randy Travis wrote and originally sang Carrie's song on her Carnival Ride cd entitled "I Told You So". Carrie, you are definitely golden!

Idol News - 3/24/08 639879 One last birthday announcement as we wish Julia DeMato of Season 3 best wishes. She celebrated her 29th birthday on March 7th. Since her season she made several guest appearances, released a song entitled "Let It Rain", but her biggest accomplishment was becoming a mother to James Peter on July 6, 2005. Congrats Julia!

🎶 Well, that's the news for now and see you tomorrow when I give my re-cap of the top 10 from our current Season 7. Take care!
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 3/24/08   Idol News - 3/24/08 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Idol News - 3/24/08 322546 Since I posted this subject some new tidbits of information have come to my attention. Here goes:

👶 Season 3's Amy Adams who was voted off in the 10th position on that season has gotten married and in May 2005 became the mother of a new son. After idol she performed with the touring company of "Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". Sadly she never did release a single or album. Hopefully this will come about in the future.

bow Chris Sligh from Season 6 has released his first single "Empty Me" which is currently on the Billboard Hot Christian AC chart at number #29. His album "Running Back To You" is set to be released on May 6th. He signed with an independent label known as Brash Music and it appears it was a good move as this song is wonderful. Hope you all have a chance to hear it! Just a side note: Clay Aiken's new cd will also be released May 6th.

🙏 Poor pregnant Jessica Sierra has been court-ordered to a year long residential re-hab program. While I am hopeful she will get the treatment she so desperately needs to overcome her addictions I ask that you send a prayer her way for her complete recovery. She is such a wonderful talent and hopefully her music career will come back and be a true success story for her.

Okay hopefully this is it on the news but did want to let you know I found out tonight's theme for our Season 7 idols is the year they were born. Be back later as mentioned before.

Idol News - 3/24/08 295441 Have a great day, my friends.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 3/24/08   Idol News - 3/24/08 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Lots of stuff going on, huh? And you hear anything in Nashville area about any AI5, with a bit of advance notice if you can manage it, and i wll try to go and get pics and stuff for y'all.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 3/24/08   Idol News - 3/24/08 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 6:22 pm

;) That would be great Tyg. However sometimes I do not get caught up that quickly with the idol news. Phil Stacey is the first I have heard about in the Nashville area for awhile although Diana DeGarmo did compete in that show "Gone Country" but since those episodes were taped no idea when they actually did their segments.

However I am sure being right in that neck of the woods some of the AI 5 group may be appearing there. You might want to check your local area entertainment sections.

Good to hear from you!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 3/24/08   Idol News - 3/24/08 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks CC it's nice to hear about how some of these guys are doing, I don't check the front page of AI to often but of course most of that isn't on there anyway ha, Thanks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 3/24/08   Idol News - 3/24/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idol News - 3/24/08
Page 1 of 1