Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Empty
PostSubject: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:30 am

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 72213 I am late with my re-cap of the results night, sorry. Welcome to another "drama" filled night of results. Ryan welcomes us also this time in a dark brown suit. I am wondering why he appears to be wearing suits all the time now instead of his usual casual clothing. Pressing problem, right? :laugh:

🎶 After intros to our judges, our contestants do a group sing of one of Dolly's signature hits "9 To 5". The singing itself had several solo bits but overall it was just okay to my ears. Nice touch having all the idols practically land on the judges.

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 76735 Now the real drama starts after a summary of the night before. First up on the chopping block is Michael Johns who is safe. Following him is David Archuleta who is also safe. Next comes Carly Smithson who Ryan gives a moment of distress to before he announces she also is safe. Since I voted only for her last night I was relieved on this one. Come to think of it my top 3 favorites of the night before were now all safe so I could actually relax from this point on.

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 833804 Phone time: We find out five blazing answers to questions from our gang.

1. From Syesha - She misses hanging out with her friends and family the most. She does add like a good kiss-up that American Idol is now her family.

2. From David Cook - He would like to be more organized as he is a slob. Oh really?

3. From Randy - He has worked with everybody, who is left? He would like to work with this year's winner from the show. Put on the spot by Ryan about who that will be he says it will be either a boy or a girl. Very tactful.

4. From David C. & Michael - What songs will they sing on the tour possibly together. No clue really although they joke about singing "Islands In The Stream" from our guest mentor of the week.

5. From Simon - He likes Mary who wonders why he feels it is necessary to apologize after giving a critique. He says he will never do that again. Yeah, sure Simon.

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 820770: Next on the agenda is an appearance from The Clark Brothers who won on the sister show of AI which was called "The Next Great American Band". Okay, I am disappointed with this appearance. I did watch that show and thought this group was awesome then. Doing a cover of "This Little Light of Mine" I felt like Ashley the lead singer was practically screaming the lyrics. Even the instrument playing came over a little manic. I am hoping that the American public will not judge this group by this performance as when these guys sing on a normal vein they are quite good. My advice, check them out on YouTube.

🍌 Oh goodie, a Ford commercial with our gang playing basketball to the rap song "It's Tricky". Good shot Brooke at the end of the commercial.

😕 The drama continues as Ryan questions Carly about if she and Simon have made up because of his remarks the night before. Simon the softly eventually does apologize as he feel he was only trying to help her and thinks she is very cute. Of course that comes a little later in the show.

David Cook is safe and explains the hospital visit. Seems our rocker suffers from high blood pressure and it spiked. For someone with this affliction could he not have chosen a more calmer genre of music to go into I ask.

Ramiele Malubay is the first to the silver seats reserved for the bottom 3.

Kristy Lee Cook comes out with a note that says "Kristy's seat". This girl is a psychic obviously as she too is in the bottom 3. Paula adds here that the contestants need to connect with the audience better.

bow Nice featurette of past idols with Bucky looking quite good I might add and that his career is doing great. Phil Stacey looking joyful spending time with his wife and kids and letting us know his solo cd will be released on April 29th. And last but not least one of my top favorites Bo Bice is finally well after 60 days in the hospital for his intestine problems and a year of recovery. His son is adorable and will be a rocker it looks like since he likes playing the drums. Just an added note here: Bo's cd "See The Light" is truly awesome. Hope they have more segments like this.

:surprised: Next to be saved is Syesha Mercado. At this point Simon apologizes to everyone especially to Carly as mentioned above. Must have been because Brooke who comes on stage with Jason sort of made him feel guilty about saying mean things about the fiddle player on her performance. Can this girl not get away from being the mother hen of the show? I doubt it. The big surprise is she is in the bottom 3 and is truly upset. Another thing is the bottom 3 are roomies.

clap More Idol Gives Back news as we see how a young girl is rescued from the streets and is searching for her sister. A tearful reunion as they find each other and now safely are in a shelter. My heart goes out to the unlucky ones who still roam the streets of Africa.

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 295441 Dolly Parton now comes out for her moment to sing "Jesus and Gravity" from her new album Backwards Barbie". I adore Dolly for her spunk and personality but sadly it is obvious her singing days are almost over as she is struggling to sing her song I felt. It is a good one as she is indeed a wonderful songwriter and of course even though she is aging she still looks pretty damn good in her white sparkling outfit. Loved her remark to Ryan that she has Jesus and he has Simon. No worries as Dolly lets Simon know he is still welcome to come to Dollywood.

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 201170 Now the moment of truth as our 3 bottom people come back on stage. After a tearful comment from Brooke saying why she is crying she is first back to the sofas. Kristy uses one of her nine lives and again is back next week with little and I mean little Ramiele going home. She is hugged tightly by Kristy as we see her journey. She sings one last time and for a few moments we actually see what could have been greatness from her had she chosen to do this on the prior shows.

So another week of drama ends and next week no one will go home as it is Idol Gives Back with an array of stars as shown throughout this time of American Idol. I would like to add that apparently Ellen DeGeneras will not be co-host after all due to production conflicts so no clue on who will actually co-host with Ryan. With that said I now wish you a wonderful week ahead.

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 396979

I welcome your comments.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:59 am

;) Hello again. I just read on the foxesonidol website that next week American Idol will be on 3 times: Tuesday for the actual performance show, Wednesday for Idol Gives Back starting at 7:30 p.m. and Thursday for the actual elimination show. Not sure how true this is but thought I would give you the heads-up if indeed this is the case. Definitely a jammed pack week from American Idol.

Once again, bye for now! Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 322546
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:18 am

My brother was so excited to see Dolly - he adores her. As a matter of fact, you guys, help me. I'm trying to get her attention, to come meet my brother somehow....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Great review CC. Thanks a million.

Last night was different wasn't it, I love Dolly P, think she's amazing and even at 62 she still does pretty good I think.

I wasn't suprised by the bottom three and I agree with Simon that America got it right this week, It was sad to see Rami go but I knew her time had come, I also think that Kristi knows she's on borrowed time and hopefully being in the bottom 3 will put a little spunk into Brooke, JMO.

I did not care for the Clark Brothers performance to much, could be just me put to me it was strange. I loved loved seing Bucky, Bo and Phil, and from what I understood it's something they are going to continue to do which is very good. Althought I do not care for Country music I'v always liked Bo and Bucky has such a good personality who could not like him right. I sure miss season 5, Iknow Bo was in season 4 but you know what I mean right>

So AI is on for 3 nights next week, that could be interesting, was it on 3 nights last year for Idol gives back, I don't remember. getting old ya know ha.

Ok see ya next week same time same place ha,.' Thanks for the great review.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:07 pm

:D To answer your question Sandi, last year it was only on two nights and the following week they eliminated both Phil and Chris. So this is different. By the way, on one of the reviewers re-caps I read that Bo's wife is again expecting. He seems like a devoted father so this should be a thrill for him.

Anyway, next week should be interesting. Take care!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:12 pm

Well Bo's little boy is so cute and he's his dads biggest fan.. I wonder why the three nights this year and wonder what they'll do? hummmmmm interesting huh? So everyone can relax for the next couple of weeks with no one going home but then it's the double whammy..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:35 am

Hey again Sandi, I think you might have misunderstood me on my reply. Next week someone will be eliminated on Thursday. Then the show goes back to the way it has been which is Tuesday performance show with Wednesday elimination night. Last year the reason they eliminated two at once was because they had no elimination the week Idol Give Back was on.

Sorry, does this make sense?
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:08 am

Sure it does, It's just me and my way of thinking ha ha. Thanks for clearing up my "mind" for me or rather what's left of it that is.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:55 pm

I can honestly say there were some very strong performances this past week. Wasn't surprised to see Rami go. She just wasn't getting any better as the weeks went on.

I liked seeing the Clark Bros. on Idol but have to agree their performance was "uncontrolable" at best. I know they can do better than that.

The featurette showning past Idols was cool. Bucky does look better that ever and sounding pretty darn good if I do say so. Bo Bice definately has his hands full with that adorable little son of his. Such a cutie.

My favorite performances this week were David A, Michael, Carly, David C. The bottom three didn't surprise me at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08   Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolly Week Results - 4/2/08
Page 1 of 1