Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

before i go to bed

Go down 
+4
azsoul
wietzema
geewindu
Taysiah
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

before i go to bed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:41 am

mae- Post 1

Nooooooooooooooo if Taylor would NOT have won. He would not have been able to get the exsposure he needed to create his fan base. Taylor's music is so remarkable that is all he really needed. Remember his audition? Simon asked why Taylor was there. His reply was: Because I belive I have a voice and I want it heard.
Taylor never said anything about wanting to be the next idol. He just wanted people to know he was alive. Winning idol gave that to him!

now post 2-
Lets get real for a moment shall we?
Angie is saying she enjoys Taylor's earlier days of music. Uncut and raw. That is what came from his heart. That is what he is best at.

Let's face it, anyone who has seen Taylor's true talents has to know that his Taylor Hicks CD was the work of Clive. Yes I enjoy the music. However I also know it is not the "True" Taylor. It is a production of money making mongers who wanted Tay to sing things "There" way.

Good news!
Now he don't have to. Now he can sing it "Our" way!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:57 am

DreamHrt wrote:
mae- Post 1

Nooooooooooooooo if Taylor would NOT have won. He would not have been able to get the exsposure he needed to create his fan base. Taylor's music is so remarkable that is all he really needed. Remember his audition? Simon asked why Taylor was there. His reply was: Because I belive I have a voice and I want it heard.
Taylor never said anything about wanting to be the next idol. He just wanted people to know he was alive. Winning idol gave that to him!

now post 2-
Lets get real for a moment shall we?
Angie is saying she enjoys Taylor's earlier days of music. Uncut and raw. That is what came from his heart. That is what he is best at.

Let's face it, anyone who has seen Taylor's true talents has to know that his Taylor Hicks CD was the work of Clive. Yes I enjoy the music. However I also know it is not the "True" Taylor. It is a production of money making mongers who wanted Tay to sing things "There" way.

Good news!
Now he don't have to. Now he can sing it "Our" way!

OK, so I've been reading everything posted here and will throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth. before i go to bed - Page 2 399539 Taylor would never had gotten the exposure he needed to make his music known to us if he didn't win American Idol. If I remember correctly (and you can correct me), he said a one point he did'nt expect to win but did anyway. I believe your right Jodie. Taylor can now give us the true Taylorized style of music that is all his now that he's free to create what is true to his heart.

Although Taylor is number one in my book of favorites, there are others I so enjoy like the old Ray Charles, Elton John and Phil Collins. I love Gensis!
Anyway, that's all I have to say. before i go to bed - Page 2 322546
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:02 pm

Yes, but at the time, Mae, the title was important to him. I seem to rrecall a sweet girl who was lucky enough to meet him at an Idol taping asking (mid-hug) "Is this what you want, Taylor? What you really truly want?" And his reply: "Baby, I want this more than anything I've ever wanted in the world."
At the time, he craved that title, not realizing the politics and red tape that came with it any more - maybe even less! - than we did. And when Taylor shows us what he wants or needs from us, we just are a jauggernaut to see that he gets it - come hell or high water. Now, hindsight, as always, being 20/20, I do wish Tay didn't have the crown because of the treatment he's received it has been seriously tarnished in my eyes. BUT THAT'S IN HIS PAST. I am ready, more than ready in fact, to step forward, by Tay's side and into the spotlight that he has needed to claim a long, long time. He no longer needs American Idol, and Idol doesn't need him they believe. Fine. A mutual parting of the ways and I am here, thankfully, to carry Taylor to the next level. I'm not alone either - I see many of my sisters and brothers helping out, lifting him higher and higher as he sings. Will our circle be unbroken, guys? Only if we let it, and I refuse to. Like Angie, I too subscribe to the Rafiki School Of How To Deal With The Past. You ready? I'll explain. Ever see the movie The Lion King? Remember the wise old monkey Rafiki? At one point, Simba - the young lion princeling - is attempting to explain how the past is painful to him, and he can't face the future and return to Pride Rock. Rafiki raps him soundly on his cranium. "Ow, what was that for?"
"Doesn't matter. It in the past. It can't hurt you no more."
If you let things in your past grab on to you, hold on to you, it's like you're drowning in quicksand and no opportunity to escape and save yourself. Taylor has made it "through the rain," Mae. We've had faith in him this far. Let's trust he knows himself far, far better than we ever will.
Gee, I respectfully submit that you consider a moment that you are indeed on a Taylor Hicks fansite, and as such, saying that Brooke is a superior artist to Taylor might draw some negative heat. She may be the greatest singer since Michaelangelo painted the Sistene Chapel, but here we happen to think Tay is that way. And as I said before, there is room at the top for everybody and the cream always rises to the top. We'll share Taylor's spotlight graciously, just as the man himself does. And we are greatful to have you here, and enjoy a lively conversation with you. Some of us are very defensive and protective towards Tay, so you will have to forgive us for our overzealousness.
Angie, my friend. As usual, you are spot on and I hope Jodie and I have clarified your position a little more effectively. I love you.
And yes, Mae, you can like Tay's music, but not like the Taylor Hicks CD. The man has a wealth of musical acumen that the CD - which I believe is okay, but not his best showcase of his talents - does not entirely and accurately reflect.
There, done. *wipes brow and crawls down from soap box*
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 pm

Whew you said a mouthfull there Tyggy!
ahem "The Lion King" is one of my favorite movies!
Now, I do belive on my acounts you are right! Although I didnt know about Tay and the girl and what he said to her...
Love to find out new facts :)
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Well put tyg. I smiled when I read about the Lion King. I remember that scene very well. It does make a good point.

I have faith that Taylor will pull through and give us more (and better) music than what we've heard in the past. We, his fans, won't let him down because we enjoy what we listen to. He's looking to the future and we should too. The past is the past. Let's not drag it through the mud.

Let's have fun with what the future brings. I'm looking forward to what Taylor can do for all of his fans musically.before i go to bed - Page 2 820770:
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
I am prolly gonna regret this, but....
My opinion is that I truly enjoy Tay and his music. They are the bright spots in my otherwise pretty exhausting life. And I had fun and couldn't miss season 5. Hadn't watched before, but tried to enjoy season 6 and found I could wait to see what happened. Seven? Meh, I'm working it out. There are some who are phenominal on there, and some who really don't get my adrenaline flowing - and the ones I personally like have all mostly headed home and I am too bored to catch all the rest. Could be that no one has managed to hold my heart in their hands like so many did season 5. Might be because I'm far too busy with school and thus distracted. Who knows? But there's always room at the time, and cream always rises to it. We'll see.
~tyg

Trust me, either way you aren't missing much. This season is way over-rated. If this is the most talented season I would hate to imagine what the first four was like. You pick a really great season to continue your education. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 pm

Can I put in my 2 cents worth as well??

Everyone has different taste is music and it just goes to show that we are all human and unalike in many ways, I love Taylor and I do love his CD I listen to it all the time, But his earlier music is more Taylor and more uncut and real, more heart felt and just more TAYLOR, I will always be grateful to American Idol for giving Taylor the platform to be known and to be the great singer/writer he is, I so understand how Taylor had to have felt when he was handed the list of songs that he could pick from to make a Cd, I bet he was so shocked and uptight, how do you take someone elses music and make it your own when you don't even believe that it can be done,Taylor did a fantastic job with his Idol Cd and I'm so very proud of it and him. I do not however like the idea of him making a complete break with AI, I don't think that is what he wants I as all of you know he'll always be gratefull to AI for giving him his chance and being able to be heard in the first place, I honestly think that had he been asked to be on AI at any given time he'd do so if for no other reason that because he's grateful and whats to show that, Now AI on the other hand is a different story, they are like spoiled children that did not get their way and are still pouting 2 years later, Shame on them for acting like baby's and taking it out on Taylor because he won, They will be sorry someday that they treated Taylor like a second class artist, I know in my heart they will.

Mae, I just wanted to tell you that I know a gal that claimed to be a Taylor fan all the way, LOVED HIM< LOVED HIS MUSIC etc etc, even opened up a message board for his fans, Recently I seen her post on another board that she did not think he was the best singer or the best performer and is still trying to figure out how he won in the first place, THESE are the ones you wonder about, Why would she have went through the trouble of opening a message board only to say somehting like that, Her board is now gone but my point is that what Angie was saying is that she liked HIS ORGINAL MUSIC better than his Cd from AI, I understand what she's saying and I respect her saying it, We all LOVE TAYLOR for who he is not what he'll be... JMO
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:33 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
I am prolly gonna regret this, but....
My opinion is that I truly enjoy Tay and his music. They are the bright spots in my otherwise pretty exhausting life. And I had fun and couldn't miss season 5. Hadn't watched before, but tried to enjoy season 6 and found I could wait to see what happened. Seven? Meh, I'm working it out. There are some who are phenominal on there, and some who really don't get my adrenaline flowing - and the ones I personally like have all mostly headed home and I am too bored to catch all the rest. Could be that no one has managed to hold my heart in their hands like so many did season 5. Might be because I'm far too busy with school and thus distracted. Who knows? But there's always room at the time, and cream always rises to it. We'll see.
~tyg

Tyg Never regret saying anything especially here, I am with you so much on this, wow, If anyone would or could realize what Taylor did for me during season 5. It's unbelievable, I've never been to a message board, never was a "fan" of anyone the way I am with Taylor, never thought of driving 800 miles up and back to see a concert and by myself at that, Only Taylor has done this to me ha.. I'm a different person now than I was 2 years ago,

Season 6 was very boring for me, I kept waiting for Taylor to come out and do his song and such, (like season 5) this season, is somewhat better but not a lot, I have a nasty habit of compairing the season to season 5 and in my opinion there is no comparison at all. Never will be, some of the talent is ok this season but no where near as good as season 5. There were 2 that I really liked this season David H and Asia'h, they are both gone now but I watch AI because one never knows when and if Taylor will make an apperence. Well I can hope right,
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Yep mae, that's where I was realed in hook line and sinker, Love this, it's all Taylor...
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Quote :
Gee, I respectfully submit that you consider a moment that you are indeed on a Taylor Hicks fansite, and as such, saying that Brooke is a superior artist to Taylor might draw some negative heat. She may be the greatest singer since Michaelangelo painted the Sistene Chapel, but here we happen to think Tay is that way. And as I said before, there is room at the top for everybody and the cream always rises to the top. We'll share Taylor's spotlight graciously, just as the man himself does. And we are greatful to have you here, and enjoy a lively conversation with you. Some of us are very defensive and protective towards Tay, so you will have to forgive us for our overzealousness.
Yep I know that's why I thought it risky to even say that but I couldn't not. And I do really really like Taylor also, just not as much. Mainly for the fact that I don't like his post-idol cd. Once we see his cd the way he wants it it might change my mind, though doubtfully I'm liking Brooke more and more every week. And I just have to say I am very worried at the moment. I think she had the most original performance of the night and the best and here's the shocker Simon compared her to a Hamburger and now I don't know if she'll be there after tomorrow. It was one of her best performances to date. Now I'm upset because of him. I really hope she's safe. She is obviously the best remaining female contestant. I just hope they don't listen to him. If Brooke went home now I'd cry, literally. And I don't do that for contestants on A.I. Or for much else. Okay rant over.

I agree with Angie in all areas except that I like Brooke better but that is JMO.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:10 am

Well, I had yet to hear, but let us hope that Broke is safe. And besides which, some who have not gotten the crown have gone on to a lovely career - no worries, I am sure she'll be fine either way.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:43 am

Know what, I don't think it matters who we perfer this season, we all have different favorites or so it seems, the one thing that pulled us all together is Taylor, Brooke is ok, and she is very pretty, but for me she just doesn't have the appeal. But then remember I liked David Hernandez and not to many agreed with that, or at least so it seems. I think for me I go into every season well 6 and 7 so far looking for someone like Taylor and so far he's the one that came the close to what I was looking at, I think it's great that we all seem to have different favorites, and get this, right now I'm voting for Jason C and that is who about have of the Chris D fans are voting for the other half seem to be a David C fan, See it makes no difference who we are supporting, Taylor keeps us together and that's ALL GOOD>.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Ahhh mae, that brought back such sweet memories. I was also reeled in hook, line and sinker. ~sigh~

Yep, everyone has a different favorite this season but that's OK. I was (and still am) a David Hernandez fan. I just loved him but I watch to see what happens to the other lucky contestants who managed to stay this far in the game. Still can't get into Brooke but she is sounding better. David C and David A are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing go all the way.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:23 pm

Wow! Lots has been said since I was here last! LOL I guess I have not much more to say as up there somewhere Tyg and Jodie pretty much were in my head. I hope that is all they found out while in there too!

Yes...we were all brought together because of Taylor and I will never be more happy that I've met all of you and many others because of him and his music. So much in my life changed since Taylor and I never want to change that. It's like I'm reliving my teen years again. I'm glad we all have different opinions. It's makes for great discussions. Nobody gets mad, but we learn more about each other every time.

During Season 6 i was looking for someone to be as good as Taylor in my eyes or better. I didn't go into this season feeling that way. I wanted to have an open mind.

I love Brooke. I'm scared she will go home tonight. I know she'll be fine if she does, but I just don't want her to go. Hopefully she won't. I do like her just as much as Taylor.

If Brooke leaves I either won't vote anymore or vote for either Jason or Cook...depending I guess on how the performances go. I really like those two guys as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Oh...and Taylor's audition.....reliving that was like the first day I saw him and fell in love. Before he sang I was thinking oh no. Then he opened his mouth and I just sat there and started and listened.

:kisses:
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:51 pm

when i saw him i thought omg he is really really cute, so cute i can't stand it, and then he song, and it was then i realize Taylor Hicks is the whole package.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:52 am

Read why I'm a fan to get my reaction to Tay's audition. And Angie, aside from a little dust, it was okay in there, lol. A few dark corners I just would not go into, but....*g*
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: before i go to bed   before i go to bed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

before i go to bed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: