Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08

Go down 
+2
Taysiah
concertcris
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:32 pm

I know! Can't wait to see next week's finale. woo hoo It should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:49 pm

I do agree with you CC, and that's the biggest reason I voted my heart out for Asia'h and David H. Both were very very talent and Asia'h didn't even make it to the top 12 and of course David just hardly got going when he was gone and regardless of the other, all that were talented I still think that David and Asia'h were the most so and didn't get the chance to prove that fact.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 1:01 pm

3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 399539 Of all three David's, I liked David H the best. I'd almost thrown in the towel when he was voted off but decided to see how far the other two would go. I'm not surprised by the fact that David A and David C are the top two. (I miss Asia'h too)
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:51 am

concertcris wrote:
:waveing: Hi gang. Glad to hear both Gee and Denib got clean bills of health.

As for this question about voting I also think people should be voting on the actual performance not whether they like them the best or not whatever their color or gender. All of my votes have been based on that solely not because I liked others better.
I never vote on just one of their actual performances unless that's all I have to go by. Yes they matter a lot for that week, definitely influencing me. But once I get to the stage of the competition in which I know who they are as an artist than it doesn't matter quite as much anymore. It all depends on how they've grown and all things considered. Early on I knew I liked Brooke but I voted for several, and then she sang "Let It Be" and that was it for me. She made me cry I mean really cry, something no other artist has done for me and there was absolutely no way I wasn't going to vote for her regardless of how well she did. I actually think though that a lot of performances of hers were really good. She knew who she was from the begining something some of the others either didn't know yet or weren't completely sure yet. David Cook I think is one of those examples. I liked him in the beginning but his studio versions I never cared for (was it 'cause I compared them to Brooke's which were absolutely stunning?) and I think Music of the Night is the first one I really liked, and I liked most of them since. He seemed to grow into something great so he definitely got my vote. Archuleta does have a great voice but he never seemed quite as good as he was in the begining. He seemed to be going downhill for a while. Near the end he had a few good ones again, but by then my votes were already to the ones I knew I liked. Syesha even had a chance at me liking her and if she would've shined early on it could've happened I liked TTLFTN but then when she sang something Taylor did so well, it ruined it for me and I didn't like her since.

So my votes don't go to who I thought necessarrily did the best performance of the night but who had the best performances overall. For me it has nothing do with if they are colored, male, female, or what not but that they can not only give a great performance but to emotionally connect and feel a song. Something Brooke can do really well.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:31 pm

I have to agree with you G. It's all about growth as a singer. I pick them when they first adition and then I watch to see what kind of range they have as they compete week after week. If they show me growth as a singer and the ability to do other things then they've definately got my interest.

I was very impressed with David Cook's range. He didn't seem afraid to step out of the box and show a different side to himself. Honestly I believe that's how Taylor won. He wasn't afraid to show all sides of himself in his singing but he let everyone know there is one style he's most comfortable with.

I think Syesha could have done it too and maybe be in the top too if she had started out showing more of her personality early on. But, who knows? David Cook won and I'm happy for him. Can't watch to hear his cd when it's released.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:10 pm

I can't honestly say that I would or could NOT vote against my favorite if he or she had a bad week and didn't do as good. It just so happens that the 2 seasons that I did vote, my favorite was always the best of the night or so Ithought anyway,, ha... Anyway, once I heard Taylor he had ever one of my vote EVERY week, I could not have voted for anyone but Taylor, sorry I loved everything he did even "Country Roads" and that was the worst of the songs he did.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:30 am

I hear ya there W. I voted for Taylor every week, good or bad, simply because I really liked him. Not to mention I thought (and still do think) he was so darn cute. :hot:
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:32 am

Tay-Tay is the cutest guy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lips :tounge: :kisses: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 207317 :hot: kissy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:08 am

I hear you there mae. He's got the whole package.

3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 207317
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Whole package PLUS... I mean this guy can do anything....
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:24 am

You got that right W. I know I've said this before and it bears repeating....Is there anything about this man that isn't sexy? 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 677486 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 600701 Taylor Rocks
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:35 pm

smoking as my pastor says..., 'Smoking won't send you to hell it will just make you smell like you been there.'

🚬 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 957205 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 957205
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:35 pm

wietzema wrote:
I can't honestly say that I would or could NOT vote against my favorite if he or she had a bad week and didn't do as good. It just so happens that the 2 seasons that I did vote, my favorite was always the best of the night or so Ithought anyway,, ha... Anyway, once I heard Taylor he had ever one of my vote EVERY week, I could not have voted for anyone but Taylor, sorry I loved everything he did even "Country Roads" and that was the worst of the songs he did.
I loved his Country Roads performance, haha. I guess that's just a difference of opinion. There was one I didn't like (I don't remember what it was called) but I still voted for him as he was consistantly good and my favorite. Exclamation Taylor Rocks

As for him being hot I'll let you ladies talk about that. Not the kinda thing I would know. Now if we're talking Carrie Underwood or Brooke White that's an entirely different story. 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 232505 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 24774
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:31 pm

geewindu wrote:
wietzema wrote:
I loved his Country Roads performance, haha. I guess that's just a difference of opinion. There was one I didn't like (I don't remember what it was called) but I still voted for him as he was consistantly good and my favorite. Exclamation Taylor Rocks

As for him being hot I'll let you ladies talk about that. Not the kinda thing I would know. Now if we're talking Carrie Underwood or Brooke White that's an entirely different story. 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 232505 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 24774

Oh I liked his Country Roads just fine, but of all the songs he did do it was my least favorite. ha.
Oh come one you don't want to say that Taylor is HOT?? You're no fun!! 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 675627 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 675627
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:20 pm

that was gee and he is a guy and apparently st8.

though he could atleast admit to a man's crush - wiggle
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:35 pm

geewindu wrote:
concertcris wrote:

As for this question about voting I also think people should be voting on the actual performance not whether they like them the best or not whatever their color or gender. All of my votes have been based on that solely not because I liked others better.
I never vote on just one of their actual performances unless that's all I have to go by. Yes they matter a lot for that week, definitely influencing me. But once I get to the stage of the competition in which I know who they are as an artist than it doesn't matter quite as much anymore. It all depends on how they've grown and all things considered. Early on I knew I liked Brooke but I voted for several, and then she sang "Let It Be" and that was it for me. She made me cry I mean really cry, something no other artist has done for me and there was absolutely no way I wasn't going to vote for her regardless of how well she did. I actually think though that a lot of performances of hers were really good. She knew who she was from the begining something some of the others either didn't know yet or weren't completely sure yet. David Cook I think is one of those examples. I liked him in the beginning but his studio versions I never cared for (was it 'cause I compared them to Brooke's which were absolutely stunning?) and I think Music of the Night is the first one I really liked, and I liked most of them since. He seemed to grow into something great so he definitely got my vote. Archuleta does have a great voice but he never seemed quite as good as he was in the begining. He seemed to be going downhill for a while. Near the end he had a few good ones again, but by then my votes were already to the ones I knew I liked. Syesha even had a chance at me liking her and if she would've shined early on it could've happened I liked TTLFTN but then when she sang something Taylor did so well, it ruined it for me and I didn't like her since.

So my votes don't go to who I thought necessarrily did the best performance of the night but who had the best performances overall. For me it has nothing do with if they are colored, male, female, or what not but that they can not only give a great performance but to emotionally connect and feel a song. Something Brooke can do really well.

TTLFTN - what does this mean???
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:58 pm

geewindu wrote:
concertcris wrote:

At first i like Brooke better then the rest of the 24, however never like her good enough to vote. This season was hideous to me to say the least and I didn't really like anyone for a long time. Brooke sound good in comparsion however that isn't saying much. Then Syesha step out what seems like from nowhere and blew me away. And unlike Brooke it wasn't by comparsion. It is her. I had tears in my eyes when she did the Sam Cooke song. It was beautiful, real, went to the heart. She said she finally learn to relax and have fun and enjoy performing on stage. And it made a huge impact on her performances. I really think if it weren't for Syesha this season would have been a total loss. I was really disappointed that she didn't make the final two. I thought the judges were totally rude and grossly unfair to her. And the voters bought into it. Plus did anyone here notice that Randy give away the results on Tuesday. Tuesday - how could he have known, unless...,

OH and the other good thing that happen as a result from Season 7 - is that Josiah Leming has a recording contract with Warner Brothers and his cd is due out in September. I hoping he will sell all the other idol contestants pass and present. That be to sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
🎶
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:24 pm

seriously what does TTLFTN mean???
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:32 pm

Haven't got a clue what TTLFTN means mae.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:15 am

Gee,
take pity and enlighten us, please. By the way, saw your message on the Angels for Tay - nice. Great job.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:44 pm

mae wrote:
seriously what does TTLFTN mean???
Sorry haven't been here in a while. I try to make it here once a week if possible. It stands for Thank The Lord For The Nighttime. Are you all enlightened now? 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 322546

Quote :
Gee,
take pity and enlighten us, please. By the way, saw your message on the Angels for Tay - nice. Great job.
~tyg
Thanks tyg I saw yours there too. Nice job! 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 600701
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:48 pm

I would NEVER have gotten that one,. Loved the song though, thanks for telling us..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08   3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Performers, 3 Songs - 5/13/08
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2