Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Empty
PostSubject: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:13 pm

According to an AOL Television poll, Jason Castro (pictured, left) is the most overrated American Idol contestant this season. After hearing the news, Slezak IM'd me with the words "Well the AOL poll is wrong!" and a crying emoticon. Who does he think is the most overrated? "David Archuleta?" he wrote (sticking his virtual tongue out). "Seriously? I don't know if this was a season about 'overrated.' The judges only liked two people all season... no one else got any credit most of the time. I guess if I had to pick someone who was overpraised it would be Archuleta." (Archuleta came in second in the poll.)

Meanwhile, Michael Johns (pictured, right) was the early reject picked most likely to achieve Daughtry-like success. Though the Aussie earned 42 percent of the vote, he doesn't get Slezak's: "I think he's very talented and really personable, but he's 29, which is a tough age in the music business. I also think other than Dolly Parton week, he rarely chose the right song for himself. I think his looks have made people think he was a better singer than he was. This is maybe the hardest season ever to predict who will achieve post-Idol success. Carly, Brooke, and Jason I think all have legitimate chances at success. If you made me put $20 on it, I'd say Brooke or Jason... because they have really distinct sounds. I adore Carly, but based on her Idol run, I'm still not sure what kind of record she wants to make."

Which contestants get your votes for most overrated? The most likely to succeed?

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/05/american-idol.html?xid=email-alert-americanidol-20080520-item4
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:42 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO - that isn't so humble here the over-rated contestants

Seasons 1-4 didn't watch, though Clay Aikens and Carrie Underwood is over-rated.
Season 5 - Sway - should have never got a ticket to hollywood much less been in the top 24. I guess not knowing the lyrics is forgiveable on AI.
Chris Daughtry - didn't get it then, and don't get it now
Elliott Yamin - only because lots of people consider him to be the best male vocals that ever hit the American Idol stage.
While he is a really good singer, he is by no means the best male vocalist that hit the AI stage.
Season 6 - Sundance Head should have never made it into the top 24 - Tommy Daniels should have. Tommy had a beautiful voice, and Sundance i never heard sing. Yell and shout alot, never sing.
Chris Richardson - never did figure out how he got as far as he did.
Blake Lewis - boy can't carry a tune in the bucket with a lid and a handle.
Milanda Doolittle - though a really good singer, and did get some votes from me; mainly by default - Lakisha Jones was out of the running by then - everything MD did sounded pretty much the same.
Season 7 - nearly all of the top 24 too many to name.

most under-rated of the AI 7 top 24 Syesha!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:45 pm

though if yall where to pin me down on who is the most over-rated of this over-rated season, i would have to say
Micheal Johns
Carly
David Cook
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:24 pm

now mae, be nice... I'm kidding of course. I do agree with as a whole Carrie is very overated, She's amazing but AI tends to shove her down our throats to much, she's everywhere and all the time, I'm not a country music listener and I do think Carrie has a good voice but I'm tired of her, JMO... I do like Clay and he's not a AI pimpey so I like him better ha. kidding guys.

Sway, was alright, I mean he could sure hit those HIGH notes with ease and even Bucky forgot words as did Kat in season 5 But none fo them as bad as this season.'

Now for Elliott, sorry mae, you are wrong about him, he is fantastic, and I do think he has a great voice but what shines more for me is his persoanlity, his heart warming ways and his tender heart, that's what won him so many fans and his mom too for that matter, the relationship they had was so very touching and you could sure see that she was his number one Fan. I don't think he was the best that graced AI stage I still think Taylor holds that spot, what can I say I love the guy.

I didn't care for Sundance and don't remember Tommy, Melinda I do kind of agree with you on her and I did like Lakashia as well. Never gave Chris R a thought and as far as Blake he was different much like Taylor was different to this show and I give him credit for that.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:10 am

like i said While Elliot is a really good singer, he is by no means the best male vocalist that hit the AI stage.
And Blake is nothing like Taylor, Blake can't even carry a note in a bucket with a lid and a handle. While Taylor has a voice of an angel, [no punn intended] hell the guy could sing me the phone book and i would be extremely happy just to listen to that beautiful voice of his.

Taylor Rocks Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? 600701
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:42 am

I wasn't arguing with you mae not at all, I love Taylors voice and I do think he's the best think to ever hit the AI stage, no argument from me at all. I know what you said about Elliott, and in my opinion he does have a good voice and I also know that his personallity got him a long way, he had a fan base that loved him and voted none stop for him. As far as Blake, of course he is no Taylor not even close, but he offered something different just as Taylor did only in a different way and with the kids and youngs that watch this show it made him popular. This is all I meant
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:14 pm

I guess now the most under-rated contestants atleast by tptb is Josiah Leming.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:49 pm

I wonder sometime if the TPTB at AI ever knows what happens to these kids once they leave or if they even care for that matter.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:55 pm

wietzema wrote:
I wonder sometime if the TPTB at AI ever knows what happens to these kids once they leave or if they even care for that matter.
they probably know only if they become successful. Because then they're gone say oooh look we found her! (or him)
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Sure and take ALL the credit for it as well. regardless of how very small their part on AI was.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:07 pm

exactly. :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?   Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's the most overrated 'American Idol' contestant?
Page 1 of 1