Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor visits his Dad..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Taylor visits his Dad.. Empty
PostSubject: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:48 am

Now this would make me feel good about going to see a Dentist Ya

Jasper’s adopted ‘American Idol’ pays city a quick visit
James Phillips
Assistant Managing Editor
Friday, Nov 07, 2008

After winning the fifth season of “American Idol” in May 2006, Taylor Hicks’ life has been a whirlwind.

Hicks, a native of Birmingham, is the son of Dr. Brad Hicks, owner of Same Day Dentures in Jasper. The “Idol” winner made his first stop by his dad’s office since winning the show on Tuesday morning.

“I stayed up at Smith Lake over the weekend with a friend and was going back to Birmingham,” Taylor Hicks said. “I thought it was a good chance to stop by and see dad and all the folks at his office. With my schedule, it’s hard to get out this way, so I didn’t want to miss the opportunity.”

Brad Hicks said it’s always good to get to spend time with his son.

“It’s great for Taylor to get to stop by the office,” he said. “He used to come out here a good bit, but it’s tough to get by Jasper very often when you are flying from Los Angeles to New York to France.”

Taylor Hicks said he was appreciative for the support he’s gotten from Walker County.

“My dad kept telling me when I was on the show how much people out here were supporting me,” he said. “I do appreciate everyone supporting me then and supporting me now that I’m doing other things. It means a lot to know that people care about you. I feel like I’ve been adopted by the people out here.”

Taylor Hicks explained his hectic schedule has kept him moving frequently.

“I joke around that I’ve been homeless for three years now,” he said. “I’m happy to be working, and I’ve been extremely blessed, so I’m staying on the road a lot.”

After leaving Jasper Tuesday, Hicks said he would be in Birmingham for a few days before flying to Los Angeles to finish work on his next album, which is set to be released in Feb. 2009. Hicks said he expects his sophomore album to be somewhat different from his first release after “American Idol.”

“With this album, I had a chance to really sink my teeth into the song-writing process,” said Hicks, who has co-wrote several of the songs that will be on the new album. “The first album was so rushed to get into stores by Christmas of that year, and I think that hurt the overall process.”

Along with working on a new album, Hicks also recently concluded a Broadway run in “Grease!” and will star in a national tour of the musical. The tour is set to begin on Dec. 2, and Hicks said he expects it to make a stop in Birmingham during 2009.

“A date hasn’t been set yet, but there is a lot of talk about it coming to Birmingham,” Hicks said. “I feel pretty confident that it will be scheduled.”

In the musical, Hicks plays Teen Angel and sings “Beauty School Dropout.” He said he will also be cross-promoting his new album during the tour and will sing a single from the album after each performance. Hicks said he would have never imagined starring on Broadway.

“This is the first time I’ve done anything like this,” Hicks said. “I think I did well during our stint on Broadway. The Teen Angel character isn’t a real stretch for me, because it fits my personality.”

With the national “Grease!” tour and an album tour to follow, Hicks said he expects to be on the road for most of 2009 and into 2010.

“It will be a long year and a half on the road,” Hicks said. “Despite the busy schedule, I hope it doesn’t take me as long to get back to Jasper. Thanks again to everyone here. Soul Patrol!”

Taylor visits his Dad.. 20081106221615_lrg

Taylor visits his Dad.. 20081106221815_lrg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:14 pm

That was awsume! I love hearing about his ventures. OMG can you imagine going to the dentist and having him walk in? They wouldnt have to put me under id already be floating on air!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:17 pm

HA HA... Heck if I was sitting in that office and he walked in I wouldn't need to see his dad at all, I'd probably have a heart attack.. Taylor visits his Dad.. 241342 But what a way to go..
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Yeah you would be seeing another doctor! lol I wonder how many patents he has now that his son is famous.. just in hopes to either get a glimse of Tay or to find things out about him lol
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Personally, I wonder about Dr. H's acumen. Didn't Tay say that his Dad messed him up in his book? But it's okay - I bet he and his Dad went for lunch, just like old times.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:09 pm

I would know I died and gone to heaven if Taylor walked into the Dr's office just to say hi. "Call the EMT'S. I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK!" WoooHooo!
He looks so much like his dad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
Personally, I wonder about Dr. H's acumen. Didn't Tay say that his Dad messed him up in his book? But it's okay - I bet he and his Dad went for lunch, just like old times.
~tyg

You are right I do believe that Taylor said that his dad fixed his front tooth and it kept falling apart so he went to a different Dr..
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 pm

denib wrote:
I would know I died and gone to heaven if Taylor walked into the Dr's office just to say hi. "Call the EMT'S. I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK!" WoooHooo!
He looks so much like his dad.

But like I said "What a way to go" Who knows maybe Taylor knows mouth to mouth?? lol!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:12 pm

Giving first aid....that's what I'm saying. LOL
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:27 am

I was thinking mouth-to-mouth, but anyway......
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:36 pm

ah yes...CPR! I'm trained in CPR. I can do that. :)
Back to top Go down
TaysGrl

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am

i lovvvveeee these pics yayyyyyyyyy !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lorettamarie1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor visits his Dad..   Taylor visits his Dad.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor visits his Dad..
Page 1 of 1