Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks - The Journey So Far....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks - The Journey So Far.... Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks - The Journey So Far....   Taylor Hicks - The Journey So Far.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:17 pm

From "Its a soulthing Blog"
Ya know, I've been thinking about the impressive list of achievements Taylor has under his belt lately and I can say without hesitancy that he has been the best businessman, the most productive and the most well-rounded entertainer ever to come out of the American Idol franchise. He has total control over his own career, total control over his own music, and ownership of a wide variety of products available to purchase worldwide. By breaking ties and obtaining total independence from Sony BMG and all things American Idol, which I'm sure was a tricky needle to thread, he has been able to now lay claim to being a book author (his memoir "Heart Full of Soul"), executive video producer (Whomp At The Warfield), record label owner (Modern Whomp Records), music publisher (Modern Whomp Music), broadway actor (Grease), platinum selling musician, singer, songwriter and live performer. By February 2009 he will have 3 CDs available, one of which is a compilation of his pre-Idol music - "Early Works" - all this in just a 2 1/2 year timeframe of being in the national spotlight when he took the Season 5 crown.

It is truly an unbelievable feat when you think about all the obstacles that were thrown his way after he triumphed in the show's 5th season. Being the true musical maverick he is, and being thrown under the bus by refusing to be handled and puppeteered by the PTB - being sabatoged without radio support or sufficient advertising - he has without a doubt come up smelling like a beautiful rose, about to bloom in his own sunshine in 2009.

What do we have coming up with Taylor? Well, first we have the national tour with Grease starring Taylor Hicks (Dec 2008-May 2009) and then a big US and International tour to support his brand new DVD, "Whomp At The Warfield" which drops February 17, 2009 and his brand new kick-ass music CD, which drops February 10, 2009. The tour will undoubtedly last at least through the end of the year and possibly into 2010. Like my man, President-Elect Barack Obama, Taylor has a spine made of steal and an ambition second to no one. I'm proud to be a fan of both.
http://soulthing.blogspot.com/2008/11/taylor-hicks-journey-so-far.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com

Taylor Hicks - The Journey So Far....
Page 1 of 1