Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Changes On American Idol

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Changes On American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Changes On American Idol   Changes On American Idol Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:58 pm

hello Hey there everyone. Seems some major changes are taking place with the new season of American Idol which is just around the corner in January of 2009.

Changes On American Idol 201170 First up is "Idol Gives Back" will not be on this year. The reason being with the economy being in such a bleak position the producers have decided not to have this event as most of us know times are tough with our own living. It is a sad situation but frankly I sort of understand their reasoning on this. Everyone from companies on down to the poor are having problems with the economy. I know personally I have lost thousands in the stock market and am thinking of taking some of my money out to pay off all my debt so in case the rest of my pension money goes to the wayside at least I will be debt-free.

wiggle American Idol is changing it's format also and will be pushing the "dreams come true" angle this year by having more contestants making it to the Hollywood rounds. The Hollywood rounds will have 2 weeks of show rather than just the one they usually have. Simon Cowell may be taking over for Nygel Lythgoe in some areas of the show. Simon has been quoted as saying that he feels the guys are stronger this year in talent than the girls. The biggest change is instead of only having 24 make it on the show, it will be 36 who are chosen. The format will be as follows: They will have a guy night, then a girl night, then the results show however the top-vote getting female and male plus the next highest vote-getting contestant regardless of gender will automatically make the top 12. This will continue for 3 weeks making 9 finalists in the top 12. Then they will have a wildcard show to pick the final 3 to make-up the top 12. This might be an interesting aspect however it sort of makes it hard for us voters as we may have to vote like crazy to make sure our favorites make it.

Changes On American Idol 957205 One last bit of news is lots of rumors are floating around that this may be Paula Abdul's last season with the show. I am sure you have all read the controversy involving the recent death of Paula Goodspeed whereas Paula A. had been quoted as blaming the producers for even putting her on the show in the first place. I am hoping the rumors are not true as I feel the show would just not be the same without Paula.

Changes On American Idol 322546 Well, that's the news for now. I welcome your thoughts on these developments.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Changes On American Idol   Changes On American Idol Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Thanks CC!!

I'm not sure how I"m going to like the new change. I guess I'll have to see how it all works out. It will be a nice change though I think. I like that they are bringing the wildcard round back. At least I hope it's a good thing! lol

I heard the rumors about Paula too. I really would miss her on the show if she weren't there so I hope she sticks around :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Changes On American Idol   Changes On American Idol Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:27 pm

I was hoping they would do the wildcard last season, however Josiah didn't need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Changes On American Idol   Changes On American Idol Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Wow those are some changes! I guess as Angie said, we will have to see how it goes. As for Paula.. well I can tell you right now from seeing an interview she did with David Letterman. She will be glad when her contract is up and she is pissed at Idol...... So I doubt she will be back...
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes On American Idol   Changes On American Idol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes On American Idol
Page 1 of 1