Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 Empty
PostSubject: Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09   Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:14 am

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 951557 Hi there. You know I have been to San Francisco and find this "city by the bay" to have many wonderful sites to see however this wasted hour of American Idol was definitely not one of them. Once again, thousands show up to audition and we see the judges love the city in the opening of this show. Ryan gets a rebuke from the judges on how to better his intro into the show and by this time as we see the up-coming previews I am wondering why I am wasting my time on this hour. Jeesh, I am beginning to rant again so I better get to the contestants we did see audition.

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 322546 THE GOOD:

Adam Lambert appears to be a sort of cute rocker-type who reminded me greatly of David Cook due to his haircut. He sings "Bohemian Rhapsody" in a fairly nice voice. Although the judges are worried about his theatrical demeanor, they decide to give him the golden ticket which brings about kisses on the hands of the ladies and handshakes for the men from this happy guy.

Our sad story involves Kai Kalama who has to care for his mother during the day as she suffers from a seizure disorder. He sings by night. In spite of his unkempt exterior he does well with the song "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" by the Platters. Simon thinks he lacks confidence and wants Kai to watch him on the show. The other judges also mention the lack of stage presence in around about way but this young man is off to Hollywood.

These two might have a chance but time will tell I think.

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 795426 THE BAD:

A very conceited and giggling broad named Tatiana Del Toro enters the room in one of the ugliest evening dresses I have ever seen. She proudly presents a "gift" to the judges which is actually several shots of her in different poses. She attempts three songs to win over the judges who really do not think she is all that great in spite of her thoughts that she is the best singer, actress and model around. I was dumb-founded that the judges accepted all this drama and gave her a ticket to Hollywood. They must have something other than coke in those cups.

Jesus Valenzula is an average looking guy with a boring voice. He is pleading with the judges to give him the chance as his kids are outside. The judges actually tell him to bring them in. They are cute and Randy wants Jesus to sing something for them. He attempts a tepid rendition of "Unchained Melody" and for this excellent con job he gets to go to Hollywood. Oh Brother!

Rubik's Cube wiz Dalton Powell is very nervous. In a slightly high-pitched voice he attempts "Ooh Baby, Baby" by Smokey Robinson. In spite of his "intelligence" as mentioned by Simon since Dalton thinks Simon keeps the show interesting, it is a no across the board.

James Smith sings but by this time I could care less. It is a no.

Average voices are in the house from John Twiford, Allison Iraheta and Raquel Houston who get tickets however their moment was so quick on the screen I honestly do not know what they sang and once again could care less.

Annie Murddch is a hip-looking blonde who really needs to think what she is going to sing. Simon is totally frustrated by this point. Annie thinks she could do some Bonnie Raitt but then decides to screech out "Summertime".
Simon thinks she is drunk and frankly at this point I could use a belt myself. Hey judges want to share your cups?

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 876569 THE UGLY:

A very red-haired guy in the form of Nick Reed is singing I think but I was so distracted with the movement of his Adam's Apple that I do not know what it was.

Jiayi Yu in a ugly outfit also sang but god knows what it was.

Dean Bradford comes in a ugly plaid coat and in an even uglier voice attempts a song. Again I am not sure what he warbled.

A strange woman enters the room and is so sweet to the judges. Her name is Akilah Askew-Gholston. She has done her research to win over the judges. We see lots of build-up of how she has brought many pages that contain original songs plus different body drawings that show you how to use the right body parts to sing different types of songs. Are you lost yet? Okay after all the crap she finally attempts an original song that does not sound that good. Then to further insult our intelligence she tries "A Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin. The judges are a definite no and it takes the gentle persuasion of both Paula and Kara to get her to leave the room. Once she has exited her true personality comes out as she bad-mouths the judges. Can she go home now is her question and I scream at the set: YES!

Thankfully none of these made the grade but I do have to mention we did see some filler moments of a feud between Simon and Kara over many of the contestants we did not see.

Desperate, desperate, desperate!

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 584949 So now we can happy dance once again since this dismal hour has finally ended and we know twelve people got tickets. I am closing this re-cap with the hopes that we see better talent in Louisville which is our next stop. That's a wrap gang and I welcome your thoughts.

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 296366
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09   Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:03 am

Louisville, huh? This'll be interesting...my family's from around there. i wonder if any of them opted to audition.
Souds like it was a torturous hour to me. I'd say you're entitled to a little sip of whatever makes up Judge's Brew.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09   Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:11 am

Great to read this CC, I missed the first half of the show last night, dang husband decided he wanted to go out for supper instead of staying home, Boy doesn't he know NOT ON TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY nights ha.. Anyway I did hear Adam and Kai and honestly Kai is the first one to make me look up from what I was doing and watch his auditions, Finally someone to watch, so far it's been a bit boring for me anyway, But then I'm still looking for another Taylor and know I'll never find another one, last season David H was my favorite and if things don't change this season it might be Kai, I really did like him and wish him good luck in Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09   Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:50 pm

That was one of the worst audition shows in Idol history that I can remember!!

Also, I can't remember the judges letting people through just because they begged and begged.

It was a waste of an hour. I hope tonight is better. I wish they would get to the Hollywood rounds soon.

Great review as always CC!! You remembered a lot more about the show than I did! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09   Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desperation Abounds In San Francisco - 1/20/09
Page 1 of 1