Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Empty
PostSubject: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:35 am

*) Hi gang. Tonight's episode was once again full of seeing drama we have already seen, auditions we have already seen and of course the tension our contestants had waiting to see if they were going to continue on this journey. Ryan lets us know in the beginning of the show all the pressure the contestants have faced during the Hollywood rounds. He also lets us know that each of the 72 remaining contestants will sing solo with the support of a band and back-up singers. They can play an instrument if they like however once they have performed this last chance song, none of the judges will comment and they will be placed in rooms to wait their fate.

I really hated seeing all the re-hash of stories, auditions and the drama. Why, oh why can they not just let us see the people sing even if it is only for a brief moment. Also during this hour we see the judges making decisions on who goes into what room. You can see by some of the performances we do get to see who they like and do not like just by their actions but of course that is no guarantee who continues. I also did not care for the fact that so many we did see sang the same song. So for my re-cap I am going to break down the performances by my favorites, my so-so people and of course the not so good. Keep in mind that many who made my so-so list and also my bad list are still on my potentials if they make it through to the top 36. Here goes:

Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 451785 MY FAVORITES:

Adam Lambert sang "Believe" by Cher. I think this guy is a very good singer although I was not impressed that much with his rendition of this song. He made this list based on what I have seen of him throughout this competition.

Matt Giraud was not a big favorite of mine prior to this hour however his rendition of "Georgia" put him in my top favorites. Granted Taylor does this song so much better but I was impressed with the soul that Matt displayed during this song.

Danny Gokey sang "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack and once again showed he has the soul to go far in this competition. He still remains my numero uno and you could tell by the judges reaction that they like him also.

Anoop Desai has really showed his talent during the Hollywood rounds. His rendition of "My Prerogative" by Bobby Brown was quite good I think and he now is in my list of favorites.

Scott Macintyre is a true role model for people with an affliction. He played the piano and sang "Home" beautifully I think. I really like this guy as does Paula who gave him a standing ovation. While I really liked Scott, I am so sick of this Daughtry song.

Michael Sarver has shown time and time again what a good singer he is and he will be getting my vote if he makes the top 36. He sang "Nothing At All".

Anne Marie Boskovich did the best of the girls for me singing the Lee Ann Womack song.

Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 396952 MY SO-SO LIST:

Several of the following people were on my original potential lists but I found their performances tonight just okay. I do however think some of them will make the top 36.

Jorge Nunez - Closer by Ne'Yo
Kendall Beard - Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood
Stevie Wright - Bubbly (I am so sick of this song)
Lil Rounds - If I Ain't Got You Babe by Alicia Keys
Alexis Grace - Before He Cheats
Kenny Hoffpauer - I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
Jasmine Murray - Tattoo by Jordin Sparks
Jamar Rogers - Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T"s (I hate this song)

Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 412302 NOT SO GOOD:

I feel bad that some of my original favorites made this list but hopefully some will still make it into the top 36.

Kristen McNamara sounded like she was yelling Kelly Clarkson's "Because of You".

Mishavonna Henson sounded ho-hum to me with this song (sorry do not know the name of it).

Tatiana Del Toro sounded fair with whatever this song was however her irritating ways will never get my vote. Too much time was spent on her I think in this hour. Lots of drama as they moved her from room 2 to room 4.

Nathaniel Marshall truly ruined "Disturbia" by Rhianna.

Joanna Pacitti sounded awful singing Alicia Keys song.

Casey Carlson messed up her words doing the song "Tattoo".

Stephen Fowler rehearsed all night but needed two attempts to do his number which he never finished. (I was so surprised he was saved). By the way the song was David Cook's "The Time of My Life".

Nick Mitchell played his comedy again singing "Georgia". His "Norman Gentle" routine is getting old I think.

Junot Joyner sounded bored doing "Hey There Delilah".

Leneshe Young was pretty blah with her "Love Song".

Kia Kalama sounded awful I thought with his song. He is still a hopeful for me personally in spite of this not very good performance.

Kaylan Loyd really struggled with her singing.

Just a side note here: I think many of these people made the mistake of singing prior idols songs.

Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 201170 I will not go over all the people who are in the different rooms but will let you know that all the rooms made it except for the room containing Leneshe Young and Kaylan Loyd who were showcased on this hour. Frankly I was amazed at how many of the baddies did make it through but that's show biz I guess. Anyhow, tomorrow we will know who made the top 36 and I am hoping some of my favorites are on the list. Hopefully tomorrow's show will be filled with less drama that what we have seen during these two weeks of Hollywood. Thanks for reading this and feel free to add your thoughts. I now bid you a goodnight!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:37 am

I look forward to hearing this after school today, but sounds as if it was at least somewhat entertaining, right?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:38 am

I was simply amazed at how many so-so singers did make it through this week. I kept my fingers crossed for Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, Jamar Rogers and Michael Sarver. I'm liking Alexis Grace and Jasmine Murray too so I'm glad they all made it.

Tatianna Del Toro is really getting on my nerves with her drama crap. *)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:44 pm

It's pretty sad when the ones you remember are the ones who need to go home.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 833804 Thanks for responding tyg and deni. You know what gets my goat is that according to that spoiler list Tatiana makes the top 36. Jeesh Louise if she does I hope she gets voted off quickly. I keep asking is this a singing competition or a drama show?
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Well, divas are dramatic. I can say that much. However, I have never really been into pretentious persons, so I'd have to say I agree. On top of which, is it me or is she really not that impressive?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:28 pm

Amen girls. This diva needs a boot kicking. ~sigh~
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:21 pm

I can not believe that they put Tatiana Del Toro through.. Did you see the look on the others faces when she was moved to their holding room?? It was like OH NO NO NO. I don't think this gal has any business being in the top 36, she's wild wih a large W.. I don't look for her to make it past her week though, I'm more than likely wrong but if and when she goes it'll take Ryan a 1/2 hour to just get her off the stage.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:54 pm

LMAO.....I know! Ryan will have to use security guards to drag her off the stage. She has really ruined this season for me. Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 203146 Thank goodness Danny and Michael are still around to keep things interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09   Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tension Abounds for Idols - 1/10/09
Page 1 of 1