Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 Empty
PostSubject: Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09   Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 am

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 876569 Hello everyone. Well tonight's show was definitely one for the record books as being quite nutty. I am so glad we will no longer have to see these auditions this season for a couple of reasons. I am finding the screwballs not that entertaining plus the so-called talent we are watching is overall not that good. Another factor is the overkill of the sob stories. Along the way I see many who I hope will make the cut to the top 36 but I can honestly say I found none of the contestants we saw tonight worth my support in their quest for fame. With that being said, let's get to the actual show.

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 201170 Our show begins with numerous previews of what is coming up. Thousands have shown up in New York for the event while only a few hundred come for the San Juan auditions. I suppose the back and forth auditions we witnessed were to cover up the sad turn-out of the San Juan hopefuls. Of course we are not told this on the air and this is my own take on what did happen. Here and there during the show we will get to see some scenery of both cities. Now Ryan is ready, the judges have taken their seats and without further delay let's get to the first contestant.

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 951557 Adeola Adegoke has a very heavy accent in spite of being in New York for her audition. She lets us know that she believes in herself and has quit her job because she thinks she will be going to Hollywood. For the judges she will be singing "And I'm Telling You" by Jennifer Hudson. Sadly her talent is only appreciated by herself as she is not very good and it is a 4-way no from the judges. However, Simon becomes the hero by calling Adeola's boss and manages to get her job back for her. Adeola respects Simon in spite of being cut. For myself, I agree the singing was terrible but also have to applaud Simon for being the nice guy for a change.

lol! Now we are in San Juan and I can see that they will be flopping back and forth between the cities for the auditions. Jorge Nunez is up next to sing "My Way" in Spanish. He is a good-looking guy and he sorts of sounds like Marc Anthony to my ears although Marc of course sounds better. The judges like his singing but want to hear him do something in English. He chooses to sing a few bars of "What A Wonderful World". The judges are not as taken with the second number but obviously want someone who is from a different country as mentioned by Simon so he gets the gold.

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 709577 Back in New York we hear that our next contestant financed her trip by winning a contest. Evidently she has won many. Jessica Baier attempts to sing "I Surrender" by Celine Dion. Both the judges and I fully agree that it sounds like a bunch of yelling. Jessica sees that the judges are going to turn her down and then she starts telling them how nervous she is and begs to be able to sing a different song. This goes on for several minutes but nothing will sway the judges and she leaves empty-handed.

We then get to see snippets of several who fail to impress the judges and of course each mentions that the judges don't know what they are talking about and they are not going to give up on their dreams. Next?

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 41826 Our next contestant wants to uplift the world with love and humanity and likes to dance naked in her room. WTF? Melinda Camille tells the judges her thoughts. Simon reads from her sheet that she wants to join a nudist colony and asks her if this is how she plans to do this. She says yes if that will make them feel better. Then Kara asks her if she wants to be naked right now and she responds only if they were naked also. After a giggle about this she is imaging Randy naked as she sings "Feeling Good". I thought her voice was just okay but the judges like her and give her the golden ticket.

More antics are shown in the holding room with Ryan joining in on some of them.

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 957205 I must be losing it as I can not for the life of me understand why they let the next contestant go to Hollywood. Her name is Jackie Tohn and she attempts a lame impression of Jason Mraz with his song "I'm Yours". Simon wants to hear her sing in her normal voice. She warbles some more and then as the judges are giving her some advice, the back window falls down behind them. Is this an omen I'm wondering?

I guess so as next we see more contestests getting the no factor as the song "Wicked Games" plays in the background. We also get to see 5 energetic people attempting to sing but it is also curtains for them. Up next are two comedians of this group of no talent.

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 72213 This show is really bordering on being totally ridiculous as the next guy in is Joel Contreras carrying a huge prop that looked like the front of an IPod. He is in the frame of this item. He yells some kind of song and of all things Simon wants to hear another song. He yells something else I am not sure of and of course the judges are a no across the board. This whole audition was so stupid and to compound it this nut runs from the room yelling he got a no and jumps into a swimming pool. Oh brother!

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 542948 More nonsense from the next guy known as Nick Mitchell aka "Norman Gentle". Simon is not amused by his antics and tells him to be serious. Nick says okay no more comedy and proceeds to sing "And I'm Telling You" in a comedic way. Simon rebuffs him for still acting funny. Nick responds in a smart ass way with a comment that is not nice regarding Ryan. This gives the judges a giggle. Now Nick is ready to sing "Amazing Grace". He sounds fairly good but he continues to make faces that Simon hates. What got me about all of this is Simon kept calling him Norman and an even nuttier moment ensues as Randy, Kara and Paula like him enough to send him to Hollywood. This hour is definitely turning into a freak show.

wiggle Better talent is shown as we see snippets of Ashley Hollister, Kenny Hoffpauer and Kendall Beard sing. We see that several others get their tickets but do not get the opportunity to hear them perform.

Then more lousy singers named Nicole Laraway, Mark Granata and finally Michael Sconiers are featured. What can I add except this show is really staring to get on my nerves.

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 468517 Up next is a contestant who has brought her little brother Christopher for moral support and he enters the room with his big sis Monique Garcia Torres. The judges adore the brother who has brought them a broken shell to share. He seems pretty smart and encourages the judges to like his sister. She sings "You Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes. Simon stops her and asks the little guy to tell her to sing something else. I am not sure what the song was. It is a no from Randy and Kara, however Paula is a yes and with Simon being the deciding factor Monique is off to Hollywood. While I thought Monique was a fair singer I was not blown away at all.

:finger: For heaven's sake a prior contestant who was quite raunchy in a different season is back in the form of Alexis Cohen. She has changed her appearance greatly and states she is a changed woman and has a better attitude this time around. She sings a horrible rendition of the song "Like A Prayer" by Madonna and Simon comments on this. She does say thank you and knows she is being cut. However obviously she has not changed that much as she flips off the judges and calls Simon an a..hole before she leaves the room. Jeesh, is this hour coming to an end I hope.

clap Yes it is as we are now on our last contestant who has brought an army of friends and family to her audition in San Juan. Patricia Lewis Roman is a big girl with an even bigger voice as she sings "I Want To Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston. I swear she sounded like she was getting louder and louder as the song progressed. The judges are getting ready to say no however Simon gives her the opportunity to sing something else to change their minds. Again I am not sure what the second song was but she sounded better and sang softer. It is a no from Paula but Randy, Kara and Simon decide to give her the golden ticket. Her loud family screams in joy once they see that she is going to Hollywood and our auditions come to an end with the judges joining in the festivities.

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 201170 I can honestly say I am exhausted after watching this hour and am totally overjoyed that this phase of the competition is finally over. Nine people got tickets in San Juan while twenty-six got the gold in New York. Frankly not one person from this hour interested me at all. I am now wondering how Hollywood is going to shape up as we see previews of the trials and tribulations coming next week. Of all the auditions we have seen I am only interested in a handful of the contestants and I am so hoping the judges come to their senses and let the truly talented ones go on to the top 36. It is now time to say good-bye and I hope to hear your thoughts on all that has transpired on this two city hour.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09   Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:16 pm

All I can say is Thank Goodness the auditions are OVER.... They were the worst and not just last nights but this whole season has been really iffy for me. Some are fairly good but for them to be saying this is the most talented year yet ( I know they say it evey year) But at least in other years they've had the back up to prove it..

Was not impressed by the auditions last night to much, But didn't I read somewhere that there was only a handfull that tried out in San Juan? Oh well not every year can be as great at season 5 was ha.. I did however think that Monique was pretty good and much better than the judges came her credit for. And for NY I was expecting to see Dave, dont' have a clue as to what his last name is but he auditioned every year so far and season 5 he's the one that came in dressed as the Stuate of Liberty last season he was normally dressed and still didn't get in, Oh heck maybe he's to old now ha..

Anyway I agree with your recap CC you've hit the mark dead on target as usual..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09   Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Huh, and usually the auditions prove quite entertaining......
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09   Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 pm

I have to admit, if you weren't paying attention you would get lost on who was from where. The bouncing back and forth from city to city drove me nuts.

Thanks again for the great recaps, CC. New York and San Juan didn't blow me away either. However, I did like Monique. She was cute.

I'm with you....thank God the auditions are over. Now it's time to see if the so-so talent can take the pressure. I think Simon is loaded and ready to shoot many singer-wanna-be's down. This Hollywood round is going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09   Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaotic Two City Auditions - 1/29/09
Page 1 of 1