Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! Empty
PostSubject: Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!   Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes, it's here folks! The debut of our weekly American Idol Power List -- which will post every Monday from now through the end of May. What you'll see for our inaugural countdown are a few surprises in the top 10 (especially the under-the-radar vocalists who sit at Nos. 5 and 6), and two controversial omissions. Indeed, I ignored Norman Gentle and Tatiana Del Torro in favor of folks who I felt had a more legitimate chance of cracking the top 12. Which means that if you're a fan of season 8's two most gimmicky semifinalists, you'll have to vote "other" in our weekly poll, then abuse me mercilessly on our message boards over the next three weeks when/if the merry pranksters at Vote for the Worst can convince enough folks to push one or both of 'em through to the finals. Until then, read 'em and vote!

20. Stephen Fowler: Sizzling first impression with "Superwoman" was promptly erased by his lyric-flubbing tantrum on the last day of Hollywood Week. Brutal draw against Anoop and Danny may leave him praying for a Wild Card slot.

19. Nathaniel Marshall: Season 8's resident drama queen proved he's got actual chops by offering an intriguing acoustic take on Rihanna's "Disturbia," then winning a sing-off against Jackie Midkiff. But has copious crying footage already killed his chances?

18. Michael Sarver: Laid-back ''roughneck'' got plenty of screentime at his audition and during Hollywood Week, but his singing has been more solid than spectacular, and like Stephen, he'll need to topple early faves Anoop and Danny to advance.

17. Jackie Tohn: Has called dibs on the "wacky" rocker chick persona, but as Amanda Overmyer learned last season, that's a polarizing path. Which will voters remember more: Jackie's gold-sequined fanny pack or her groovy interpretation of "I'm Yours"?

16. Scott MacIntyre: His success in spite of his visual impairment is one of season's most memorable backstories, but his performances to date -- Daughtry's "Home" and Billy Joel's "And So It Goes" -- betrayed a bit of vocal wobbliness.

15. Jesse Langseth: Big Hollywood Week moment came when Simon told her she had no chance to win based on her choice of Nikka Costa's "Like a Feather" for a sing-off with Frankie Jordan. But anyone who caught a brief snippet of her "Some Kind of Wonderful" knows she's a live long shot.

14. Brent Keith: Country hunk failed to impress Simon with his choice of Bad Company's "Can't Get Enough" at the Louisville, KY, auditions, but he's an easier sell (commercially speaking) than cold water in the middle of the Sahara. Strong Wild Card candidate if he can't unseat Danny or Anoop.

13. Kristen McNamara: Simon implied she wasn't attractive, but her rendition of "I Will Always Love You" was lovely, and let's be honest: If this woman isn't considered good-looking, then most of us shouldn't be leaving the house without a strategically placed grocery bag. The contestant of choice for unshallow voters?

12. Lil Rounds: The judges have all but placed her on a throne and carried it to the Nokia for her late-May season 8 coronation. But hold that crown! Her Whitney Houston cover was so shouty, it could have drown out Gordon Ramsay. This lady could test the power of producer manipulation.

11. Megan Corkrey: Tattooed beauty delivered a fine, jazzy "Can't Help Loving That Man of Mine" at her Salt Lake City audition, then all but disappeared from the Idol radar during Hollywood Week. Is the show saving a delicious surprise for the semis, or is Megan merely cannon-fodder?

10. Alex Wagner-Trugman: Idol loves sending geeks to the top 12 (see Stevens, John; Aiken, Clay), and Alex has the big voice and endearing eyebrows to follow in their footsteps. Still, we preferred his ''Baby Come to Me'' audition to his sappier ''Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me'' in his top 36 sing-off.

9. Alexis Grace: Perky young mom has shown a penchant for powerful (if slightly oversung) Aretha Franklin covers. But if she dials back the vocals and cranks up the personality, Alexis could quickly leap from underdog to front-runner.

8. Adam Lambert: Along with Danny and Lil, this raven-haired belter holds a winning ticket in the pimped-by-producers sweepstakes, but unfortunately, his renditions of "Some Kind of Wonderful" and "Believe" bordered on strident. Needs constructive criticism, not crazy over-praise, from the judges.

7. Jasmine Murray: She's button-cute, possesses a booming voice, and (as Randy will surely remind us) is only sixteen. If she can stay poised once the high-pressure live performances begin -- and scrubs off the troweled-on makeup -- she might prove more Jordin Sparks than Lisa Tucker.

6. Ju'Not Joyner: Unassuming Dad didn't make it through Hell Week last year, but his terrific take on "Hey There, Delilah" changed his fortunes for season 8. Some might say his story lacks drama, but isn't that a plus in a season where Tatiana and Norman are hogging the early buzz?

5. Felicia Barton: Got the cruel heave-ho at the "Judges' Mansion," but won a last-minute stay of execution after Joanna Pacitti was DQ'd. Could be a case of "dead contestant walking" given her lack of airtime, but YouTube clips prove Felicia's got a huge voice, and who doesn't like a comeback kid?

4. Danny Gokey: Got more face-time on Fox over the last five weeks than the casts of Dollhouse and Sarah Connor Chronicles combined. Yet while there's no arguing the strength of his "Kiss From a Rose" and "Somebody to Love," his "I Hope You Dance" wasn't nearly as potent. Must avoid vocal strain.

3. Ann Marie Boskovich: Of all the contestants shown singing "I Hope You Dance" last week, her version was the champ. And with a personality that's sweet, without ever veering toward cloying, Ann Marie is kind of like Katharine McPhee, only more accessible.

2. Matt Giraud: Could be the next Justin Timberlake or the next Chris Richardson, but whether or not you dig the dueling pianist's penchant for aggressive vibrato, his "Georgia on My Mind" stood out among the Hollywood Week mediocrity.

1. Anoop Desai: "ANOOOOOOP!" (Woot!) Okay, with that out of the way, let's break it down: While most of his competitors gravitated toward maudlin ballads, Anoop chose "My Prerogative" -- and rocked the freakin' house. At this point, he's one good haircut away from making the season 8 Idol tour.

click below to vote.. at bottom of site
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/idol-power-list.html?xid=email-alert-americanidol-20090217-item2
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!   Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:47 pm

But my early favorite isn't on the list.....
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!   Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:03 pm

I'm going with Danny Gokey. For some reason this guy has captured my attention. There is something about his style I really like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!   Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! 833804 Whoever this is posting the top 20 is off so much with their choices especially in view of the first week elimination. That is one reason that you wait to get the top 20 then make your selection. Since we do not know who that will be since the way they are handling the format is so different this year I am naming my favorites based on what we have seen so far.

Danny Gokey
Matt Giraud
Michael Sarver
Adam Lambert
Matt Breitzke
Ricky Braddy - sure wish we had seen more of this guy as he has a great voice.

For the girls I am still up in the air on this one as I really have no real favorites until I see more of them.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!   Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:45 am

I truly like Danny, and I am surprised by that - I have no idea how he managed it, but he's wormed his way into my heart, and - poor kid - once there, he's stuck with me.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!   Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:15 pm

hehehe.....I know what you mean Tyg. He did the same to me. I honestly hear touches of Taylor's style in his voice when he sings. Maybe that's why I like him. No other AI contestant before or after Taylor has captured my heart the way Danny has.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!   Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check out our current Top 20, then vote for your favorite!
Page 1 of 1