Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

threads to check out and have your say

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

threads to check out and have your say Empty
PostSubject: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:28 pm

my ai users name is armadillo
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:29 am

threads to check out and have your say 664500 Mae, this is alot to think about all at once and maybe in the future you might want to ask these questions one by one in different posts. However I will give it my best shot, so here are my picks:

Question 1 - Super stardom

1. Taylor of course as he is I think the best contestant idol has ever had for being unique as well as talented. Plus I think he is one totally handsome guy!
2. Adam Lambert because of being good-looking but more importantly because he has a range that is totally awesome in my book. I love his cd!
3. Bo Bice is a down-home southern rocker and his second cd is fantastic.
4. Michael Johns put out a fantastic cd since his time on idol and I was sad to see it did not get the recognition it so deserve.
5. Tie here with Ace Young and Matt Giraud. Both extremely talented and would love to see them hit it big. Ace's first cd is great in my book!

Question 2 - Voting for a dumb reason

Never did frankly

Question 3 - Disappointment in albums

Both of Daughtry's. I am amazed they are charting as I truly do not like the songs at all. Bo Bice's first album as it was too pop for this southern rocker. Elliott Yamin's second album. I love his voice but the song choices are not that good I think. Melinda Doolittle's first album should have had better songs because she has an amazing voice. Same could be said about Lakisha Jones first release. Last but not least is Allison Iraheta's album. I do not like any of the songs period.

Question 4 - Survey

a. Favorite guys - Taylor Hicks, Adam Lambert, Bo Bice, Clay Aiken, Elliott Yamin

b. Favorite girls - Lakisha Jones, Melinda Doolittle, Paris Bennett, Mandisa, tie between Nadia Turner and Jessica Sierra

c. Did not make top 10 - David Hernandez and Asia'h Epperson

d. Did not make the voting rounds - Matthew Buckstein (he was one of the Brokenote Mountain cowboys in the season 5 finale. He is the one with the deep voice.

e. Favorites besides idols - The list could go on and on but will name my top favorite guy which is Elvis Presley, top favorite girl is Cher. Groups include many such as Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, INXS, etc.

Question 5 - Most whacked out on current season

Too many to name judging from the auditions we have seen so far.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:16 am

Have to agree with CC. It was way too much to take in all at once. However, I'm willing to give this my best shot. Here we go.

Question 1 - Super stardom

1. Taylor Hicks: I picked him for all the obvious reasons. As CC said, he is talented and a totally unique performer. However, the way his career has been going over the last couple of years I feel he's hit a comfortable groove.
2. Bo Bice: Extremely talented southern rocker. I would loved to see him take off and give Chris Daughtry a run for his money. LOL
3. Danny Gokey: His career is just getting started so I'm hoping he does very well. I think he has a strong enough fanbase to do it.
4. Ace Young and Elliot Yamin: Both incredibly talented. Enough said.

Question 2 - Voting for a dumb reason

Never did vote for a dumb reason. Well, I take that back. I thought David Hernandez was incredibly hot. LOL

Question 3 - Disappointment in albums

First is Chris Daughtry. I liked him when he was on AI season five. I was so disappoointed that the album didn't connect with me as I was hoping it would.
Melissa Doolittle. I bought her Cd and felt nothing. It's a shame too because she has such a wonderful voice. But, for me, this Cd didn't produce any sparks what-so-ever.

Question 4 - Survey

a. Favorite guys -
Taylor Hicks, Danny Gokey, Kris Allen, David Cook, Elliot Yamin and Ace Young.

b. Favorite girls -
Lakisha Jones, Melinda Doolittle, Mandisa, Kellie Pickler, Alexis Grace and Kelly Clarkson. (runner-up: Jordin Sparks)

c. Did not make top 10 -
David Hernandez and Alexis Grace

d. Did not make the voting rounds -
Names escape me at the moment but there are quite a few I was disappointed didn't make it into the voting rounds.

e. Favorites besides idols -
I could write a book and list all my favorites, there are so many. With that being said, here are a few. As far as solo artists (male), the first one that comes to mind is Smokey Robinson followed by Barry Manilow, Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Michael Jackson. Female solo artists include Cher, Bette Midler, Mary J Bligh, Shania Twain and Madonna. When it comes to bands, OMG, there are dozens. They include, Bon Jovi, Chicago, The Beach Boys, Journey, NKOTB and Backstreet Boys.

Question 5 - Most whacked out on current season

Does "Bikini Boy" come to mind?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:43 pm

top 5 favorite guys that made the top 10
1- Taylor Hicks
2 - Chris Sligh
3-Scott MacIntyre
4- Bucky Covington
5-Ace Young
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:45 am

threads to check out and have your say 951557 You know I was looking at this post and everyone's answers and it just dawned on me how many guys I forgot who I think should have super-stardom. Totally forgot Clay Aiken who I think can sing anything and sound amazing. Also Deni reminded me how great Danny Gokey's voice sounds and I am so hoping he does great in the recording field. Of the girls, I have to agree with Alexis Grace. She could really sing and should have made top 10 instead of Megan Joy or LIl Rounds.

When you think about it there are so many who have graced the idol stage that it is hard to only name 5 of any category. We have definitely seen some amazing talent over the years.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:02 am

concertcris wrote:
threads to check out and have your say 951557 You know I was looking at this post and everyone's answers and it just dawned on me how many guys I forgot who I think should have super-stardom. Totally forgot Clay Aiken who I think can sing anything and sound amazing. Also Deni reminded me how great Danny Gokey's voice sounds and I am so hoping he does great in the recording field. Of the girls, I have to agree with Alexis Grace. She could really sing and should have made top 10 instead of Megan Joy or LIl Rounds.

When you think about it there are so many who have graced the idol stage that it is hard to only name 5 of any category. We have definitely seen some amazing talent over the years.

I couldn't agree more. Yesterday when I talked to Tyg I was also reminded of Kimberly Cauldwell and Justin Guarini. From Seasons One and Two.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 am

Super stardom

Taylor Hicks- I'll always think Taylor has what it takes to be a superstar.

Kris Allen--He might be a down home type of guy but his talent is huge.

Bo Bice-- I wish things had been different for Bo, he's great and honestly I don't think he got the breaks at the right time.

Adam Lampert--No need for words, he's just got the touch

David Hernandez- I'd say him wouldn't I? Again his talent is there, it just has to be give that one big break..

Dumb Voting

I don't think I"ve ever voted for someone I truly didn't like. To vote for someone just so another doesn't get the votes is silly..

Disappointing Cd's

I can honestly say I've not been disappointed by any of the idols Cd's.

Survey

a-Taylor, Kris, Elliott, David H, Adam

b-Mandisa, Kelly, Lisa, Allison, Kellie

c-David Hernandez and Asia'h Epperson :(

Did not make the voting?-- Only one I can think of is Kai from last season

Favorties besides Idols--Cher, Neil Dimond, Michael Jackson, Elvis, Barry Manilow

Wacked out voters-- For this season it has yet to be seen, but I guess the SP could be put in this catagory, and from last season Adams fans voted like crazy and boy were they upset when he didn't win.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Hey Sandy, are those Adam Lambert/Kris Allen fan wars still going on over at the AI board? threads to check out and have your say 945178
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:43 am

Hrt~n~Soul wrote:
Hey Sandy, are those Adam Lambert/Kris Allen fan wars still going on over at the AI board? threads to check out and have your say 945178

In some ways, there are those that still think Adam should have won but that's common and then there are those that think that Kris shouldn't have been in the top 2 anyway. It kind of reminds me of the wars between the SP and Chris fans in season 5 but no where near as bad, but the Mods are a bit more touchey now so they stop anything from getting real bad, smart of them. I think for the most part most of Adams fans liked Kris as well and he was their 2nd favorite so it's all good.. I just keep telling them that they were both winners so it's good..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:15 am

I certainly agree. Adam has said in several interviews he's not at all disappointed with losing to Kris. He got what he wanted out of being on the show and he is fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: threads to check out and have your say   threads to check out and have your say Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

threads to check out and have your say
Page 1 of 1