Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Empty
PostSubject: Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?   Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Published by mj February 19th, 2009 in American Idol and Clay Aiken.

Update: Radaronline.com talked to a publicist who thinks RCA dropped Clay because he came out. That’s ridiculous. RCA dropped him because he failed to sell records. Rumors about Clay being dropped from RCA have circulated for MONTHS now.

I mentioned the fact that he was no longer on RCA’s roster back in November. This shiz is OLD NEWS. It’s going to be fun (ridiculous) to watch the gossip maw run with this one…

Oh geez. Since Perez Hilton just picked this up, it’s probably going to be everywhere.

But, it should come as no surprise to Idol watchers that Clay Aiken is more than likely going to be dropped by RCA.

It appears that his fans are spreading the word–I got an email yesterday from someone who kindly outlined the Clay Aiken-is-about-to-be-dumped-from-RCA talking points for me:

•On RCA’s website Clay has now been demoted to the same degree as other previously dropped idols (Blake Lewis, Katherine MacPhee,etc.) including the deletion of all his press material.
•Clay’s RCA artist page and message board (ClayAiken.com) has now been deleted and the URL redirected to the non RCA owned fanclub (clayonline.com).
•In recent RCA Grammy oriented press materials, Clay is now left off the standard listing of their artists that closes every release.
•Finally, at the recent huge Disney World opening for the American Idol Experience, Clay was conspicuously absent.
The first items probably mean something–the first two, in fact (as mentioned in comments) were done months ago. Clay not attending the Disney thing means nothing–only Cook and Underwood are still fully under the 19 umbrella–that didn’t stop the other Idol winners from attending.

Clay’s first album, Measure of a Man went triple platinum, while his latest album, On My Way Here, didn’t even go Gold, so it won’t be a surprise if and when RCA finally drops him…
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?   Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:10 am

Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? 833804 I read this some time ago that RCA was dropping Clay long before he "came out" so to speak. If anyone was surprised when he said he was gay that was indeed strange as I think everyone already knew and if they didn't they were delusional. I own all of Clay's albums and yes his last one was not as good as the prior ones he put out not because of his voice which is still awesome but the song choices I think. Regardless I think this guy can sing the phone book and still sound good.

Now if his fans should drop him because he admitted he was gay, that is truly sick I say as this does not change the man who has such a wonderful talent and is still the charitable guy he was prior to this admission. I truly respect him and will always be a fan regardless of his future endeavors.

Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? 839840 Go Clay, I am still in your corner!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?   Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:12 pm

concertcris wrote:
Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? 833804 I read this some time ago that RCA was dropping Clay long before he "came out" so to speak. If anyone was surprised when he said he was gay that was indeed strange as I think everyone already knew and if they didn't they were delusional. I own all of Clay's albums and yes his last one was not as good as the prior ones he put out not because of his voice which is still awesome but the song choices I think. Regardless I think this guy can sing the phone book and still sound good.

Now if his fans should drop him because he admitted he was gay, that is truly sick I say as this does not change the man who has such a wonderful talent and is still the charitable guy he was prior to this admission. I truly respect him and will always be a fan regardless of his future endeavors.

Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? 839840 Go Clay, I am still in your corner!

Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? 399539 Isn't Elton John, Boy George and George Michael gay? Good grief!!! Who cares? The man sings so well. He private life is his only.

Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? 555837 Leave the poor man alone, for crying out loud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?   Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:46 pm

I agree "who cares who's gay or straight" For crying out loud it's time people wake up and face the fact that it's not the 1950's anymore. I Like Clay, think he has a killer voice and if his fan do drop him because of his sexual choices than they were not much of a fan. Lets put it this way RCA droping him might be the best thing for him and they could pay the price in the long run. I believe Clay has the biggest fan base of any Idol and most of them are very dedicated..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?   Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:44 am

Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? 833804 I have to add I just find it laughable that people could put so much on what their sexual preference is. You know that I was a big fan of the boy band "N'Sync" and Lance was my top favorite guy from that group. He was so cute in my opinion. Once he came out I was a little surprised but in reality I still love all the music from this group and was so glad I got to see them live 3 times. Each of these guys had real charisma however I never did care for Justin Timberlake as a person. He was the rudest of the group to the fans and hardly ever shook hands with anyone while on stage. The rest of the group would grab hands, kiss some of the girls on the cheek, etc.

As for Clay, I have seen him live twice and he is a big fan pleaser. In fact one time that I saw him was at the Rose Bowl and he went into the audience and gave hugs, kisses, handshakes, etc. He was so cute in person and loved, loved, loved hearing him sing.

I agree that even if RCA does drop Clay, he will always be a staple in the music business because he is a truly awesome singer and the real fans will stick around.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?   Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:40 am

That's true. What he does in his bedroom is his and only his business. I sure as heck don't want anyone who doesn't belong in my bedroom (even if at the moment, my bedroom is pretty bare)!!!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?   Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:27 pm

We need more celebrities like Clay. People in the spot light who let their fans know they love them. After all, aren't we the ones who put our fave celebs in that spotlight? Just saying
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA?   Clay Aiken About to be Dropped by RCA? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1