Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idol Chartwatch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Idol Chartwatch Empty
PostSubject: Idol Chartwatch   Idol Chartwatch Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:35 pm

The big news this week is the release of Kelly Clarkson’s fourth album, All I Ever Wanted. While firm numbers aren’t available, Hits Daily Double is predicting first-week sales of 210 to 230 thousand copies, which would position Kelly at the top of the Billboard 200. This would mark Kelly’s first #1 album since Thankful debuted at the top of the charts in April 2003.

It appears Idol fever has helped previous Idols, whose albums have now popped back up on the Billboard charts. Perhaps most puzzling is the reemergence of Elliott Yamin’s My Kind of Holiday, which shows up on the Billboard 200 (162), Top Independent Albums (22), and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (19). This is good for Elliott, and perhaps for us all, as the holiday spirit prevails into the Spring!

Elliott’s Season 5 pal, Ace Young’s self-titled debut, reenters the charts with an appearance on Top Heatseekers (35), and Phil Stacey reenters Top Country Albums this week at #49. Hopefully, all this nostalgic Idol love will benefit Taylor Hicks, whose album The Distance was also released last week.

Jennifer Hudson is now the top-ranked Idol-related album on the Billboard 200, moving up six spots to #42 to take the lead over David Cook, which is down three to #47. Jennifer’s album is up two spots to #15 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, while David Cook’s album drops one on Top Rock Albums where it sits at #16.

Carrie Underwood’s Carnival Ride is also up this week, moving up eight spots to #53 on the Billboard 200 and three spots to #7 on Top Country Albums.

David Archuleta is down 18, moving from #88 to #106 on the Billboard 200.

Kellie Pickler is up three to #34 on Top Country Albums and Daughtry is also up, moving from #139 to #133 on the Billboard 200 and one spot to #23 on Top Hard Rock Albums.

Melinda Doolittle’s debut, Coming Back to You,, drops 15 spots to #136 on the Billboard 200 and is #13 on Top Independent Albums.

Idol Singles on the Charts

Kelly Clarkson’s “My Life Would Suck Without You” remains in the top ten of the Pop 100, moving up one spot to #9. Rascal Flatt’s “Here Comes Goodbye,” which was co-written by Chris Sligh, soars up 15 spots to #76 on the Hot 100 and Jennifer Hudson’s “If This Isn't Love” is up seven to #85 on the Hot 100.

Taylor Hicks’ “What's Right Is Right” is up two to #25 on Adult Contemporary Tracks after dropping one the week before.

Here's a summary of all of the Idol-related singles:

“My Life Would Suck Without You” (Kelly Clarkson): Hot 100 (9), Hot 100 Airplay (12), Pop 100 (6), Pop 100 Airplay (5), Hot Adult Contemporary (28), Hot Dance Club Play (46), Hot Dance Airplay (20), Mainstream Top 40 (3), Hot Adult Top 40 Tracks (6), Hot Digital Tracks (9), Hot Digital Songs (9)
“Light On” (David Cook): Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks (21), Mainstream Top 40 (34), Hot Adult Top 40 Tracks (5), Hot Digital Songs (74)
“The Time Of My Life” (David Cook): Hot Adult Contemporary (5)
“Crush” (David Archuleta): Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks (8), Hot Digital Songs (68)
“A Little Too Not Over You” (David Archuleta): Pop 100 (72), Pop 100 Airplay (54)
“Spotlight” (Jennifer Hudson): Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (25), Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay (25), Hot Adult R&B Airplay (10)
“If This Isn't Love” (Jennifer Hudson): Hot 100 (85), Hot 100 Airplay (65), Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (16), Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay (16), Hot Adult R&B Airplay (8), Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop (23)
“What's Right Is Right” (Taylor Hicks): Hot Adult Contemporary (25)
“One Step At A Time” (Jordin Sparks): Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks (14)
“What About Now” (Daughtry): Hot Adult Contemporary (6), Hot Adult Top 40 Tracks (12)
“I Told You So” (Carrie Underwood): Hot 100 (62), Hot 100 Airplay (45), Hot Country Songs (12)
“The More Boys I Meet” (Carrie Underwood): Hot Country Songs (46)
“Best Days Of Your Life” (Kellie Pickler): Hot Country Songs (31)
“Here Comes Goodbye” (Rascal Flatts, written by Chris Sligh): Hot 100 (76), Hot 100 Airplay (41), Hot Country Songs (11)
“My Deliverer” (Mandisa): Hot Christian Adult Contemporary (18), Hot Christian Songs (18)
“Lose My Soul” (TobyMac featuring Mandisa): Hot Christian Adult Contemporary (8), Hot Christian Songs (8)
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Idol Chartwatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Chartwatch   Idol Chartwatch Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:21 am

woo hoo Hi, I am so glad you posted this. I go on this website every week to see how our idols are doing. It is so great to see our Taylor back on the charts. Can not wait to see how his full album will debut on Billboard which shows the results later this week.

Idol Chartwatch 600701
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Idol Chartwatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Chartwatch   Idol Chartwatch Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:20 am

Thanks for posting this Jodie. I've been shopping around and I'm pleased to say I see alot of our Idols in the stores. {Haven't seen Taylor's yet but that's Arizona for you} Congradulations to everyone for continuing to entertain us with great music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

Idol Chartwatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Chartwatch   Idol Chartwatch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idol Chartwatch
Page 1 of 1