Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre Empty
PostSubject: This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre   This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:31 pm

This blog site has a picture and media

Last night I saw Taylor Hicks at the Roxy in Los Angeles. (March 18, 2009)

I loved it. It was my favorite TH performance. He brought his A+++ game. Great music. It was the best vocals I’ve ever heard from him, and that’s saying something.

The crowd was pretty cool, the venue was cool, the band was great, and like I said, Taylor seriously BROUGHT IT.

And that encore…remember Taking It to the Streets? Remember how he just rocked that song out and we all shouted ‘HELL YES!’ at the end? Well, that’s how he rocked out My Sweet Lord. It was electric. I wish you could have seen it.

I can’t give much more of a recap because I am running on very little sleep and…I just can’t. I’m beat.

http://tandjam.wordpress.com/2009/03/20/this-is-where-it-all-starts-right-here-at-the-roxy-theater-concert-recap-w-audio/
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre   This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:13 am

I hear such conflicting reports of this show......
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre   This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:31 am

Me too but mostly bad. Makes me want to cry. :( So I'm glad this review was positive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
browneyes

browneyes

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre   This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:12 am

I don't know, I'm more inclined to believe this review. I got in on the cellcert that night, which I haven't done for a couple of years, and the sound was crappy as usual but there seemed to be a great crowd reaction after each song. It sounded like the place was jumpin' , and the hosts of the cellcert seemed pretty excited. Taylor Rocks i also read a couple of recaps that were very positive. Los Angeles just won't give him his due.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre   This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:39 am

Well, that's encouraging at least. I'm biased, so it doesn't bother me if there are 13455753299954354376358904365423764 people or 2, I'm still wishing I was there.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre   This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:09 am

tygrlllie wrote:
Well, that's encouraging at least. I'm biased, so it doesn't bother me if there are 13455753299954354376358904365423764 people or 2, I'm still wishing I was there.
~tyg

I'm in total agreement. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre   This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is where it all starts: Right here at the Roxy Theatre
Page 1 of 1