Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter* Empty
PostSubject: Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter*   Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Since Twitter seems to be the new black, I’ve been on a search and learn mission to determine its relativity, if any, to my real life. Of course, because Taylor, so far, is liking it, I signed up but, really, aside from tweets from the cone, does it have any other redeeming quality to entice me to step beyond the signed-up stage? I came across a series of articles devoted to the Twitter phenomenon at PCMag and, you know, I think I’m going to like it once I get the hang of it. We’ve all lost our virginity to Twitter, now it’s time to explore the kinkier side. They’ve made it really easy to understand. Check it out.

This one from the Tips for Beginners article. It’s Twitter’s answer to the Google alert.

6. Categorize Your Tweets for Added Visibility

If you’re tweeting about a popular subject (Obama, Lost, etc [Taylor]) putting a # in front of the subject makes it easy for others to find your tweet, and perhaps they will want to follow you. For example, when the plane crashed into the Hudson River in January, #flight1549 became a popular tag and search term.

You can send out links and pictures and it’s easy to keep organized.

9. Pick a Good Desktop Client

With desktop clients such as TweetDeck, Twhirl, and TwitterFox, you can receive tweets in a much more manageable fashion, especially if you follow a lot of people, respond often, and use direct messages a lot. TweetDeck, for example, allows you to create specific groups, if you want to split your feed into individual columns.

And this link for the Top 13 Twitter Don’ts. haha, not mentioning any names.

7. Don’t tweet drunk, cautions @whitneyarner. Just like in real life, your followers might get a kick out of your drunk tweets, but you’ll probably regret them in the morning.

And one don’t I hope everyone adheres to.

13. Don’t tweet your bathroom habits. Seriously. Just don’t do it.

Well, Taylor, you did it again. The things I do for this guy! We may as well have some fun with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)

I’ve become Twitterpated…
48 Hours of Twitter
I Twitter
Facebook Founder Marc Zuckerberg Admits He Uses Twitter
http://taylorhicksgirlfriend.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-twitter-but-was-afraid-to-ask/
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter*   Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter* Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:36 am

I have to admit I was alittle skeptical about the whole twitter thing. After an invite from Penney I decided...."What the hell? It wouldn't hurt to try it. Besides, Taylor is twittering and it would be fun to follow him." Needless to say, I'm hooked. I twitter everyday.
I feel the same. What I do for Taylor....Sheesh.... Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter* 675627
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Everything you always wanted to know about Twitter*
Page 1 of 1