Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor asked about a permanent band

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Taylor asked about a permanent band Empty
PostSubject: Taylor asked about a permanent band   Taylor asked about a permanent band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I don't belong to HQ any more but seen this on another site and thought some here might be interested in it. Of course I wouldn't know that he has different band members or not cuz I never get to see him.... :(

I know not everyone belongs to HQ and I thought Taylor's answer here was interesting.

QUESTION TO

Do you have a permanent band that is always with you whatever you do or wherever you go? It seems like your band members and background vocalists are always changing. Do they substitute for each other at different shows, concerts, during the CD recordings, or rehearsals? Or do you play with different bands? Please tell us more about your current band and who are the members. I know you are not with LiMBO right now.

TAYLOR'S REPLY:

Ya know, right now as far as having a touring band, I’m trying to keep using the same guys but sometimes they aren’t always available for my gigs. It can be difficult to keep a band together, but because Josh Smith is my musical director, then it is easy to have him work with the musicians in LA, send me ideas on musicians if somebody can’t perform one of the gigs, and we’re going to just keep pluggin along with that way. Obviously I’ve played with different bands in my life and I’ve had many different versions of bands in my time so when you’re dealing with different musicians you just have to make sure the music’s right. People go on tours they take better gigs and you have to leave.

It’s part of the business that you have to work with. Would I like to have a permanent band? Yes. Would I like to be touring more extensively? Yes, but building the fan-base up, in the touring side… nothing is more important than Grease, to do that.
Back to top Go down

Taylor asked about a permanent band
Page 1 of 1