Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol

Go down 
+2
Snowbaby
wietzema
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ellen Degeneres has joined the next season of AI taking Paula's place to give a unique perspective on the contestants....

http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/pid/1841

September 9, 2009 | 05:51 pm PT
Ellen DeGeneres Joins American Idol as Fourth Judge
Emmy Award-winning talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has joined American Idol as the new fourth judge sitting alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi. As the new judge, Ellen will offer her own unique perspective to the contestants throughout the competition. Season 9 will premiere this January.

Guest judges during Season 9 auditions include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Kristin Chenoweth, Joe Jonas, Neil Patrick Harris, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, and Shania Twain. Ellen will take her seat at the judges' table after the audition rounds commence.

Upon becoming the fourth judge on the number one show, Ellen said, "I'm thrilled to be the new judge on American Idol. I've watched since the beginning, and I've always been a huge fan. So getting this job is a dream come true, and think of all the money I'll save from not having to text my vote."

American Idol's creator and executive producer, Simon Fuller, is equally as thrilled. "I could not be more excited to have Ellen join the American Idol family. Ellen has been a fan of the show for many years, and her love of music and understanding of the American public will bring a unique human touch to our judging panel. I can't wait for this next season to begin."

Executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz added, "We're all delighted to have Ellen join our ninth season of American Idol. Beyond her incredible sense of humor and love of music, she brings with her an immense warmth and compassion that is almost palpable. She is one of America's foremost entertainers, and we cannot wait to have her join our team."

Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment for FOX stated, "We are thrilled to have Ellen DeGeneres join the American Idol judges' table this season. She is truly one of America's funniest people and a fantastic performer who understands what it's like to stand up in front of audiences and entertain them every day. We feel that her vast entertainment experience - combined with her quick wit and passion for music - will add a fresh new energy to the show."

A beloved television icon and entertainment pioneer, Ellen’s distinctive comic voice has resonated with audiences from her first stand-up comedy appearances through her work today on television, in film and in the literary world. DeGeneres has made a home for herself in the daytime arena with her hit syndicated talk show, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show." The show, now entering its seventh season, won the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Talk Show Host four years in a row and has earned a total of 29 Daytime Emmy Awards.

Recently, Ellen was included in Forbes' Top 5 "Most Influential Women in Media" and was voted "Best Daytime Talk-Show Host" by Parade.com readers. In addition, she has been voted "Favorite TV Personality" by The Harris Poll's annual favorite television star list, beating out Oprah Winfrey and Jay Leno. Ellen was included in MSNBC's "Power players who shape your TV habits." Ellen was also honored with Television Week's Syndication Personality of the Year and voted No. 1 in Oxygen's "50 Funniest Women Alive" special in the company of such comedic legends as Carol Burnett and Lily Tomlin and has been included in TIME's 100 Most Influential People.

Ellen had the honor of hosting the highly rated 79th Annual Academy Awards and was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Performance In A Variety or Music Program. This follows her 2005 stint hosting the Primetime Emmy Awards, which marked her third time hosting the show. Her performance hosting the 2001 award show garnered her rave reviews for providing a perfect balance of wit with heartfelt emotion to the post-September 11 telecast audience. Ellen won an American Comedy Award for her inaugural effort hosting the show in 1994. Additionally, Ellen co-hosted American Idol's very successful Idol Gives Back special that raised money for children in extreme poverty in America and Africa.

Ellen's career began as an emcee at a local comedy club in her hometown of New Orleans, which led to national recognition in 1982 when her videotaped club performances won Showtime's "Funniest Person In America" honor. DeGeneres began her acting career in television on the FOX sitcom "Open House." She moved on to ABC's "Laurie Hill," prior to being offered a part on "These Friends of Mine" by ABC. After the first season, the show was renamed "Ellen." Running from 1994 to 1998, the show garnered record ratings, with Ellen receiving Emmy nominations each season in the Best Actress category. In 1997, Ellen was the recipient of the coveted Peabody Award as well as earning an Emmy for writing the critically acclaimed "Puppy Episode" when her character came out as a gay woman to a record 46 million viewers.

Both on and off screen, Ellen's humanitarian efforts take center stage. She is passionate about bringing awareness to the people of New Orleans, her hometown, which was devastated by Hurricane Katrina and her efforts have resulted in "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" raising over $10 million to improve the lives of New Orleans residents. Overall, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" has raised over $50 million and brought attention to various causes, including global warming and animals. Additionally, Ellen continues to raise awareness about breast cancer, and served as spokesperson for General Mills' breast cancer awareness initiative, Pink for the Cure, and hosted special episodes of her show to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Since she was first nationally recognized in 1982 as a comedian in New Orleans, Ellen's many contributions to the entertainment industry have earned her numerous accolades including a Golden Apple Award as Female Discovery of the Year from the Hollywood Women's Press Club; a Lucy Award honoring women in Television and Film, as well as an Amnesty International Award.

We'd like to welcome Ellen DeGeneres to the American Idol family!
Back to top Go down
Snowbaby

Snowbaby

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 am

Girl ,you totally beat me here with this one....you are quick!

I am actually happy about this choice..I mean it woun't be the same without Paula, but It will probably be a good laugh with Ellen.
I guess only time will tell whether this mix will work.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol 833804 While I will miss Paula terribly on the show I am glad to know that Ellen will be the 4th judge. She will definitely bring some fun to the show I think and I know she is a huge supporter of American Idol. This should definitely be interesting.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:48 pm

No way this is awsume news.. wow
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:29 am

Not to bash Ellen, but erm, what kind of musicial acumen does she have again? I know she's a fan of the show, but hell so'm I - and I could really use the money far more than she could.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 am

To be honest I am not a huge fan of Ellen, but then I never gave her a thought one way or another before. I guess a lot of it came from when Taylor was on her show the first time, Ok so I've gotten over that long ago and I do think she will make this show enjoyable to watch. She said in a statement that although she does not have any musical background she is hoping to speak for the voters, for US the ones that are going to be buying the music. And in all honesty that's what we need. WE know what we like and what we'll buy and maybe just maybe these guys will get fair treatment with someone like Ellen sitting there.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm a big fan of Ellen's so I'm glad to hear this news. I listened to an interview she did with Ryan on the radio. She's so funny. I think that's more what she will do....lighten up the harshness of Simon Cowell. Just saying
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:33 pm

My only thing about her representing "us" is that she liked Chris so much and me so little. That doesn't show what I want to see.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:48 pm

Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol 951557 Boy the boards at American Idol are really on fire. Most people are against Ellen being the 4th judge. While Ellen does not have alot of musical background, I do think she will bring some fun to the show. Currently I honestly think Randy is about the only one who is not partial most of the time. Many on the AI boards are saying they will not watch the show and also alot are saying they will not vote. Maybe that is what is needed to bring these stupid producers to their senses.

Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol 322546 I still have hopes that Paula will come back!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Thing is there are a lot of people who just don't like Ellen for whatever reason. I'm not against her so much as it's like asking Taylor to judge a haute couture fashion show - not that he doesn't wear clothes (like Ellen likes and enjoys music), but that that is totally out of his element.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:05 pm

CC, you could be right. The choice of Ellen being a fourth judge MIGHT wake up the producers of the show. I'll watch only because I'm so curious as to how the season will start once they get to the top 24.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol   Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ellen Degeneres named 4th judge on American Idol
Page 1 of 1