Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Empty
PostSubject: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:52 pm

Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol 396952 This just in on the internet. It seems this coming season will be Simon's last on American Idol. The show he owns called "The X Factor" is coming to the Fox network next year and Simon wants to be on that show instead of AI. He does not feel he can do both shows. Evidently the network tried to give him more money but he says that is not enough reason for him to stay. He wants to do something else and I guess the network came to an agreement with him on this. Needless to say, they will be looking for a new judge for the show come next year.

I have a feeling American Idol will be on it's way out sometime in the near future which is a shame.

Any comments?
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:08 am

He's always said maybe a 10 year run as far as the show's concerned, so I have to say i am not surprised. And he really DOES have a lot on his plate - judging X Factor in England, AI here, plus actually producing music...another show might well be too much.
I had a feeling it was on the way out when Disney put that attraction in. Thing is, from what I understand, the winners of the day on that attraction (if they qualify in all other ways) get an automatic golden ticket without auditioning. What's the prize if the show's not on the air?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am

Yeah, I heard it all over the TV last night while watching The Bachelor. I'm not surprised to hear Simon is leaving either. I knew he would eventually. Sad to say, I agree with you CC. American Idol is on it's last season or two. It was fun (and frustrating) while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm

I was reading another article on the net of possible replacements for Simon on idol. Here is a partial list of who they are considering:

Sharon Osboure from America's Got Talent

Piers Morgan from the same show

P. Diddy who has the show "Making The Band"

JC Chasez who currently is judge on America's Best Dance Crew and was once an N'Sync star

Rosie O'Donnell who can have a sharp tongue

Elton John whose musical career is definitely well known

Gene Simmons who also has had a big career in music

There are others but of this group my choices would be either Piers Morgan, Elton John or JC Chasez.

What do you think? Side question: Will you watch "The X Factor"?
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Good gracious, I can't see Ellen coexisting well with Sharon or Rosie, and Gene and Elton might be entertaining. Not sure about JC. Many might think he's not old enough. P Diddy would be fun too - and he and Ellen do have a great rapport already. I'm leaning toward Piers though.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 pm

I say Good Ridance to Simon and Idol if this is true I can't see the show exsisting without Simon. I for one won't miss it. It went to hell after Season 5 anyway. Sorry to be a b*tch about it, but seeing how they have thrown the winner of their best season under the bus I just don't give a rat's butt.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:12 pm

naynaystay71 wrote:
I say Good Ridance to Simon and Idol if this is true I can't see the show exsisting without Simon. I for one won't miss it. It went to hell after Season 5 anyway. Sorry to be a b*tch about it, but seeing how they have thrown the winner of their best season under the bus I just don't give a rat's butt.
lol! Love your attitude Renee. It speaks volumes.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:48 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Elton John on the panel. I think he'd be good..

I also heard that Paula might be on Dancing With The Stars. I hope so I'd hate to think of her doing very little.

As far as Simon leaving Idol, Oh well..... He's never been my favorite judge and I think someone could do his job without breaking a sweat.

I'd laugh if he gives up this high paying job only to have his X Factor fail..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:39 pm

wietzema wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing Elton John on the panel. I think he'd be good..

I also heard that Paula might be on Dancing With The Stars. I hope so I'd hate to think of her doing very little.

As far as Simon leaving Idol, Oh well..... He's never been my favorite judge and I think someone could do his job without breaking a sweat.

I'd laugh if he gives up this high paying job only to have his X Factor fail..

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? lol! I think Simon has enough fanbase and star power to succeed with X-Factor. But.....ya never know. The american viewers can be so finicky.

Elton John is being considered but I don't seriously think he would do it. He has his hands full as it is. And I read that Paula might possibly be joining Dancing With the Stars. I think it would be kinda cool to see her doing that show.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:37 am

I agree Denise, Simon has a huge following, there is one poster on AI that is such a fan of his that if anyone even says one bad thing about him she jumps all over them. That's a bit over board I think but then what do I know.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:21 am

I caught myself doing that one time. Someone was making fun of Danny Gokey and I got angry, really angry. Afterwards, I realized it is simply an opinion. It's a free country and everyone deserves to express one.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I did it with Taylor and still do at times, and now with Kris now and again but I think the worst it got for me was when David H was voted off and a few thought it was deserved because of his back ground, I really let them have it, felt like a real bad person after but oh well...
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Good for you. David H is a good guy and very talented.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Just a quick note:
What you do for a living does not equate with being a good or bad singer. Just my thought. How could somebody say something about being able to feed themslves or not?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:10 pm

The girl's got a point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol   Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simon Cowell's Last Season on Idol
Page 1 of 1