Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 Empty
PostSubject: Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10   Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:46 am

:) Yes gang we have pretty much come to the end of the season as we now know who are our top two. Let's cover the show before I get to the final result. The show opens with the words showing on the screen "sometimes it is good to go home" which brings about short clips of the home visits of our group of three. Our usual short clips of judges comments about last night and prior shows follows. The tension mounts as we hear Ryan say "the two facing off in the finale are....." which then leads into the usual American Idol intro.

Ryan is now on stage and welcomes us. The entertainment tonight includes newcomer Travis Garland and Justin Bieber. Wow, over 47 million votes were cast this week. Next week our top two will be at the Nokia Theatre which is huge by the way. Now hello to the judges and our top three. I see the remaining top 10 idols are in the audience tonight.

Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 468517 I felt this next part of the show dragged on too long as Ryan chats with our top 3 about how the show has changed their lives. Each expresses how they have become better singers, the hard work involved in being on the show and of course they all want to win. What I find amazing is how shy and reserved both Lee and Crystal were in the beginning of this season and now it seems like they have become chatty cathys. Randy closes this bit of chit-chat by saying each have blossomed and now know their direction.

Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 322546 I thought the Ford video this week was cute with each of the contestants painting themselves on a wall to the song Wild Child.

Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 451785 I won't go into all that happened on the home visits but I was very happy that each had a huge crowd turnout.

Casey's moments thanking the doctors for saving his life were emotional and I could feel the tears welling in my eyes at this point. The girls obviously love their Casey.

Crystal being cute with the camera was adorable. Talking about her song regarding Toledo also brought a lump to my throat.

Lee seemed so overwhelmed on his visit and seeing him in tears was also rough for me. Loved how he visited the elementary school and paint store.

:sing: The Guest Performances:

Perez Hilton's protoge is up first. His name is Travis Garland and he was once a member of the boy band NLT. Just a note that one of the members of this group is now on the show "Glee". It is Kevin McHale who plays the part of Artie (the kid in the wheelchair). Back to Travis he is performing the song "Believe" which sadly did not show off his talent well. The acoustics were awful and he seemed out of breath I thought. My suggestion is go to youtube and look up the video "Beautiful Nightmare" which truly shows what a good singer and dancer Travis is.

Next on the agenda is 16 year old Justin Bieber who actually looks about 10 years old. He is singing the songs "You Smile" and "Baby". I actually liked both songs plus I was surprised he played the drums. It is plain to see the girls are ga-ga over him. Hopefully he will not lose that boyish charm.

lol! Now for the actual results. Ryan mentions what these three contestants have given up to be on the show before we hear the re-caps of the night before.

First in the finale is Lee DeWyze. He is then followed by Crystal Bowersox. Neither of these choices were no surprise as Casey was not very good on Tuesday night's show. Casey takes his defeat well and thanks all before he once again sings the song "Daughters". I personally hate this song but was impressed with how Casey inter-acted with the audience as he sang. The moments with the little girl were adorable. I think Casey may have had a shot with different songs and showing more of this stage presence prior to tonight. While Casey is getting hugs from the judges we see his journey on idol.

I already know I will be buying Casey's music as I just love his voice and frankly he is one heck of a guitar player. So now we know our final two and I am hoping my girl Crystal takes the title however since the girls seem to be totally ga-ga over Lee I have a feeling he will win. I am glad both will be getting contracts regardless. I have heard Lee's prior albums and frankly if he stays in that vein I know I will not be buying his music. Sorry Lee fans. As for Crystal I have already started buying her music.

One last note before I sign off. Looks like there will be a season 10 as Ryan mentioned it earlier in the show. Some cities they will go to include Nashville, New Orleans, Jersey City and San Francisco. No word yet on who will take Simon's place. Regardless I am addicted to this show so know I will be watching next year.

Okay gang, that's a wrap!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10   Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:21 pm

As hard as it was to see Casey go someone had to. I totally agree. Casey is one hell of a guitar player. I will be buying his music as well.

The segments of the three Idol contestants on their home visits was so emotional. You could tell each one was ver, very grateful for all the support the fans give them. Like you CC, I was so choked up seeing Lee at the school and visiting the paint store where he worked prior to Idol. It was amazing.

I think Crystal will win the title too. But I'm also glad Lee will get an opportunity to sign a contract and make a Cd. I'll definately buy it. As a matter of fact, this will probably be the first season where I will buy alot of the music from season nine. Wow!!

Looking forward to next week. No matter what the outcome is.....I'm happy dancing. LOL

Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949 Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10 584949
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Top Two Pick - Results - 5/19/10
Page 1 of 1