Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:38 pm

:welcome1: Once again the dreaded Thursday night dawns as one will be eliminated.

Our show starts off with comments and scenes of the night before by the contestants and judges. These words are shown as we watch the clips:

We All Have An Idol
But What Does It Take
To Become One
You Must Be Strong
You Must Shine
You Must Be Fearless
But One Dream Ends
Tonight

Next up is the introduction to our judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. Following is the intro to host Ryan Seacrest who welcomes us to tonight's show. We hear that Diddy/Dirty Money and Adam Lambert will be performing on tonight's show. Another bit of good news is over 30 million votes were cast (that is up from last week I think based on a one night performance total). Then comes the news that the "save"option is back with us this year. For some reason I am not thrilled to hear this only because once it is used that two must go home the following week. Our cheering audience makes the finalists feel good as they are next introduced. What's this, one is missing? Oh no Casey Abrams is back in the hospital. Needless to say but frankly I am worried about this turn of events. Side note: I found out Casey is in the hospital due to a bleeding ulcer. Many people suffer from this but with one so young I am scared he might be eliminated as stress from the show is not good for this condition. I so hope he will be able to continue.

Now back to the show as we see the beautiful mansion our contestants are housed in. Several made comments and some were emotional seeing this grand place. I must admit the place is georgeous.

Our group sing tonight is a medley of Michael Jackson songs. They consist of "Wanna Be Starting Something", "Rock With You", "Black & White" and ending with "Man In The Mirror". They did fairly well but you could sort of see they were lip-syncing.

Now comes the Ford video with our group riping what looks like pages and putting them on a building. Once done they have built a stage to finish singing the song "The World". It was just okay for me.

One nice thing our finalists get are some perks. Tonight we see that they had a red carpet moment viewing the premiere of the movie "Red Riding Hood" which actually opens tomorrow in the theatres. Lots of excitement from our group who meet and take pictures with Gary Oldman, Shiloh Fernandez, Nikki Reed (Twilight) and the star of the show Amanda Seyfried (who is in our audience tonight). It appears they really liked the movie.

Without further adieu we now get to some of the results from the voters. First on the firing line is Jacob Lusk, Stefano Langone and Karen Rodriquez. Ryan repeats the judges comments and asked each of these three a question. I won't bore you with the details. I must say though the way Ryan let's us know who is first to the bottom three was not too well done. He states they are all safe.....except Karen. Now comes our next three which consist of Lauren Alaina, Ashthon Jones and Haley Reinhart. Upon upseting Lauren who starts tearing up with the repeat remarks made by the judges, Ryan sends her back to safety. Ashthon and Haley are not so lucky as they make up the remaining bottom three. This was such a weird way of doing this on the show. The remaining contestants are stunned when Ryan tells them they are safe and it takes them a few minutes to realize their good fortune.

Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 27505 Here comes the true moment I am happy to be watching the show and that is a performance by Adam Lambert. Good grief this guy is so handsome (what a shame he is gay). He performs his new single "Aftermath" unplugged. It was a laid back performance but I found the words kind of intriging (Adam mentions how important the lyrics are later). He has given a re-mix of this song to Ryan which all proceeds will benefit the charity "Trevor Project". Cute moment between J-Lo and Adam discussing doing "The Dougie". I was kind of surprised no mention was made about the similiar style between Adam and James Durbin.

After we have learned who has made the bottom three Diddy/Dirty Money perform the platinum song "Coming Home". I found this song to be just okay although I appreciated the talents of the piano player Skylar Grey who opened the number. I much prefer Diddy singing rather than rapping. Evidently Diddy is touring and will be appearing in small venues. He names several cities they are going to. He also gives advice to our finalists. Practice, rehearse, keep God first and believe in yourselves. No mention about the fact that Diddy and J-Lo were once an "item".

:( Now comes the moment of truth as both Karen and Haley are safe for another week. Ashthon is in danger of going home. She once again performs her song from the night before but frankly I thought it was as bad although the big note sounded better. The judges have decided not to save her. I felt bad for J-Lo having to deliver the news. It was unanimous not to use the save. I thought it might be Ashthon as she is just not as strong a singer as some of the other girls. I do wish her well in her future. She would be great as a model I think as she is quite stylish.

As we watch her journey on the show in the background is David Cook doing a cover of the song "Don't You Forget About Me" originally by Simple Minds. Sure wish we could have hear him sing the full song as he sounded good with the snippet we heard.

Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 833804 This was indeed a fast hour and now we have to wait another week before the next performances. Ugh! I am so praying for young Casey to be well quickly. With that in mind I now bid you Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 296366
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:04 am

Crystal, I have to admit that during his season I wasn't a fan of Adam Lambert. I didn't like the high "screeching" notes he hit while singing. However, I've come to like him now that he doesn't have to compete. His voice has always been good but now.....OMG....It's AMAZING! And I also agree Adam is HOT. Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 207317
I was alittle surprise to see that Jacob Lusk and Paul McDonald weren't in the bottom three. Although I think Paul's good looks are helping him somewhat. He is a good looking guy. NOT surprised at the three ladies picked to be in the bottom three and not surprised Ashthon Jones was the first one cut. She has a good voice and I believe she will be a force to reckoned with if she gets a contract. Thankfully one of my favorite girls gets to stay, Karen Rodriguez.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey Deni, yep Adam can really sing (his range is so wide). I knew you were not that big of a fan during his season but hey each to their own I say. Speaking about Adam he has a new DVD/CD combo coming out on March 22nd. The cd really does not interest me that much as it is pretty much what was on his debut one but the DVD is a concert of his which I definitely want.

I think the main reason none of the guys made the bottom 3 is because they seem more popular than the girls. I know I like most of the guys better than the girls. I do however have some favorites among the girls.

Well, gotta go get my grandson so take care until next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11   Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elimination Thursday - 3/10/11
Page 1 of 1