Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13 Empty
PostSubject: Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13   Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13 322546Hi everyone. Before I get started with Thursday night's re-cap I have a question. I am posting what goes on during this show and I notice several are at least reading my posts but why isn't anyone telling me what they think about the show so far. It is kind of sad that no one has an opinion so I am asking you to at least let me know if you have any favorites, what you think of the judges or anything else you would like to add. Thanks!

With that being said, let's get to how things went down on this night of the solo rounds for the remaining 43 guys. Side note here as I read today on another site that some are thinking that Nicki Minaj is the new Simon Cowell. I have to disagree because frankly this woman does not seem to have the first inkling what a good singer is and I am sort of wondering why the other judges seem to be following her lead.

Our show opened up with Ryan Seacrest saying that only the strong will survive but in reality the judges kept some very terrible groups last night with several of them forgetting the words of the song. How can anyone be strong with the un-fairness the judges are showing.

:lol!:Seems each of the guys had to choose a song and work with a vocal coach. Also if the contestant wanted to they can play an instrument even though they are being backed by the orchestra. The guys are divided into groups of eight and once all eight have sung, the cuts begin.

Up first is someone we have not seen alot of named Paul Jolley. He is quite nervous and tells the judges this before he gets to his song which I think was called "Blown Away". Don't quote me on that. One thing I can say is I liked his rendition. I did not care for the remark that rude Nicki Minaj said about being irritated with Paul's defeated attitude. Looking at the other judges faces I do not think they liked her saying that either.

Next is Lazaro Arbos who opts to sing "Edge of Glory" by Lady GaGa. It amazes me how good this kid sings in spite of the terrible stutter he has when he talks.

I think Curtis Finch Jr. is one confident and phony acting guy. He can sing and shows this with his performance of "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. I feel if he does not start showing a softer side of himself people will not vote for him no matter how good a singer he is.

We did not see the other guys from this first group of eight but judging by the cuts only the first three guys I mentioned above move on to the next round.

Our next group starts out with Devan Velez, another guy we have not seen much of. I liked his control he demonstrated on the song "What A Wonderful World" but overall he was just okay for me.

Gurpreet Singh Sarin opts to play a guitar and sings "Georgia". It was good but not great in my opinion.

Another guy who failed to get me to jump up and down with excitement is Cortez Shaw who sings the song "Sunny".

Matheus Fernandes has been a favorite up to now but his mentioning his shortness brings the worst out of Nicki to gives him a major lecture about basically being a "pity party". Sadly Matheus does not do well on the song "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson. He is cut from the competition but Devan, Gurpreet and Cortez move on .

I felt so badly for the next guy whose name is Nicholas Mathis. I felt he did fairly well with his song but it was not enough and he is cut from the competition.

Seems Adam Sander does move on but we do not see his solo.

Jimmy Smith does a sweet version of "Changes" by Stevie Nicks. Not great but he moves on.

Papa Peachez seems too laid back with the competition I think and all the judges think this as well although Nicki is the only one to talk. His song is "You and I" but is totally underwhelming. He is cut thankfully.

Some who make it even though we do not see them sing is Johnny Keyser (he is a ass overall) and Vincent Powell who we have not seen much of. I think four others make it as well but no mention of their names.

Our next group starts out with Nick Boddington who plays the keyboard and sounds pretty good singing "Stars" by Grace Potter. He moves on.

I so loved the next performance of Charlie Askew. His intro to his song was awesome. I also like this song alot which is "Somebody I Used To Know" originally by Gotye. The judges were also impressed and he moves on.

Two guys named Burnell Taylor and Marvin Calderon sing the same song "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. I was not impressed that much but the judges like them and they move on.

I could not believe the result of the next contestant who is Micah Johnson. He does a wonderful job singing "I Told You So" by Randy Travis however the judges cut him. It is also at this point that I find some of my other favorites have been cut. They are Gabe Brown, Nate Tao and Sanni M'Mairura.

Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13 833804Next week is the girl's week and I am wondering if they will have as hard of a time as the guys did. Judging by the scenes it looks like it also will be a rough go. One last note, 28 guys got to move on however next week 8 more guys are going to be cut according to the statement Randy Jackson made. I think only 20 guys and 20 girls are going to get to Las Vegas which is the next step I believe. Not sure how many will make the live shows.

Well, I better close for now so take care everyone and have a great week.

Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13 396979
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13   Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 am

Hi Crystal! Sorry I haven't been here to comment lately. Honestly, I haven't been paying much attention the to auditions. For one thing, I don't like Nikki. I think she is the worst judge ever for any competition show. They should have kept it at three like when the show first started.

I did watch a little bit the guys group performances. There were some pretty awful songs done. I was excited to see two potential favorites making it through to the next round. (the cuban boy who stutters and the short guy. Don't know either of their names) Anyway.....

Now that we are past the audition stage, I will watch more. As always...love reading your recaps.

Have a great day and talk with you soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Solo Night For Remaining Boys - 2/7/13
Page 1 of 1