Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks at The Big E

Go down 
+2
Possumrider
DreamHrt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks at The Big E Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:38 pm

By Jack Coraggio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help close out the Big E, West Springfield's two-week long fair extravaganza, organizers have brought aboard season five American Idol winner Taylor Hicks. He is set to perform Saturday, Sept. 29 at 8 p.m.

With a salt and pepper mane, soulful gyrations and catalog of blues-pop songs, Hicks quickly gained popularity in the nation's biggest singing competition as the anti-pop star. Such attributes made him everything every contestant wasn't, which apparently resonated with the home audience.

Unfortunately for Hicks, his relevance since the show has waned, a fate suffered by every other American Idol winner, save for Kelly Clarkson. Case in point, Hicks' performance is free, while season five runner-up Chris Daughtry drew enough interest to charge admission when he performed at the Big E only two weeks prior.

Regardless, Hicks organic song-and dance routine makes him a natural born performer, so if nothing else, people should expect an entertaining show. And the price is right.

The Big E is located at 1305 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield, Mass. More information at www.thebige.com.
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Possumrider
Possumrider

Female
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:33 pm

Do you think they ever considered the possibility that Taylor was willing to do the concert at no charge? I don't know if that is the case or not, but it is a possibility, just to get in front of a few more people.

And, what's up with this "the price is right" crap? Who's writing this - Bob Barker?
Back to top Go down
http://giveme-abreak.spaces.live.com/
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 5:03 pm

:mad: Okay, now I am angry. What a dumb thing to say that Taylor's revelance is in question. Whoever wrote this dumb statement should visit all the Taylor sites. Maybe Taylor did not sell as many cds as that creepy brooding Chris Daughtry did but he still is a force to be reckoned with in my opinion. We the Exclamation will make sure of that!

Another dumb statement involving Kelly Clarkson. Currently she is not doing so good with her cd and what about Carrie Underwood who is winning not only award after award but has gone 6 times platinum.

Needless to say the person who wrote this nonsense is Taylor Hicks at The Big E 57823 and sorely mis-informed.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 5:15 pm

I agree just another mis informed writer who probably dont like him
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
taylorfan

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 8:56 am

Here we go again. Jack What's-His-Name is writing an article about something he obviously knows NOTHING about!! Such negative statements! When I read statements like this about Taylor my blood just boils! I'm sure all of you feel that way also. In my opinion Taylor is the best thing yet to come out of AI and I will stick by him forever. Taylor and his Soul Patrol are in for the long haul! GO TAYLOR! I'm sure he didn't do the concert free, but what if he did. That's his business. Just my 2 cents worth!!!
Back to top Go down
merrymax
Super Mod
Super Mod
merrymax

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:24 pm

Don't think this guy is a fan of AI at all.... and is obviously out of the loop where Taylor is concerned.

Daily Attendance for Sat., Sept 29 - 134,271

Lots of Taylor fans were there 🆒

Here's a link that will show all attendance for ALL dates, paid or free....

http://www.thebige.com/attendance.html
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr these guys make me so mad sometime, well all the time.... 😢 .They do not have a clue what Taylor is all about do they, I do not understand why they have to do that to him all the time. Boy I sure wish I owned a newspaper or had a colum or something or the guts to just blast these guys.. :devil:
I love that Taylor does this for nothing, and if he wasn't doing it for his own satisfaction why would he do it. He has a good kind heart and the most beautiful eyes of anyone I've ever seen and these darn reporters are getting on my last nerve when it comes to Taylor...
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:22 pm

merrymax wrote:
Don't think this guy is a fan of AI at all.... and is obviously out of the loop where Taylor is concerned.

Daily Attendance for Sat., Sept 29 - 134,271

Lots of Taylor fans were there 🆒

Here's a link that will show all attendance for ALL dates, paid or free....

http://www.thebige.com/attendance.html

Thanks MM
I'll check it out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks at The Big E   Taylor Hicks at The Big E Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Hicks at The Big E
Page 1 of 1