Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Our Idols Are Important - Recent News

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Empty
PostSubject: Our Idols Are Important - Recent News   Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 10:01 am

:D Hello gang. I was on the American Idol board and thought you all might be interested in recent news of some of our idols. I realized many are disgusted with this show but keep in mind how important the actual idols are. Now for the news:

🆒 Mr. Clay "wonderful" Aiken as the UNICEF ambassador recently showed his caring side as he and his family brought some Christmas cheer to the devastated flooded areas of Tabasco and Chiapas in Mexico. More than 2000 families lost their homes and Clay is currently in the process of raising funds to help.

Our Idols Are Important - Recent News 195404 Belated Birthday wishes go to LaToya London who celebrated her 30th birthday on December 29th. These days LaToya now goes by the name of just London and has some success since her idol days. In 2004, she signed with Concord Records which garnered her a hit single that soared to #8 on the Billboard charts. In September, 2005 she released her debut album which was a critically acclaimed mixture of R&B, jazz, soul and hip-hop.

In 2006, London made her Los Angles professional stage debut with a starring role in "Beehive" which was nominated for "Best Ensemble Performance" by the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Awards. She has also starred as Nettie alongside fellow idol Fantasia in "The Color Purple". She has since left Concord Records and is currently looking for a new label.

clap No need to tell you what a successful year Carrie Underwood has had in 2007. She can add another success to her credits as she was named one of the 25 best-dressed women by Elle magazine. Congrats Carrie!

Our Idols Are Important - Recent News 639879 Kimberley Locke recently celebrated her 30th birthday on January 3rd. Since her idol days, Kimberley signed with Curb Records and has garnered 8 Top 20 Adult Contemporary Hits on Billboard. She has also had 6 #1 hits across the Billboard charts. Her singles "Change" and Freda Payne's "Band of Gold" are still going strong. She also released a Christmas cd in November of 2007.

Kimberley has done numerous television appearances and was a spokeswoman for a major weight loss company. After having a successful run on the "Celebrity Fit Club" she achieved her goal of losing 40 pounds. She also is involved with numerous charities in the fight against aids. Bravo Kimberley!

cheers Ruben Studdard is not going to be idle for long since being released from J Records. He currently is touring promoting his newest cd and has just signed to join the cast along with Frenchie Davis in the 30th anniversary musical revue of "Ain't Misbehavin". The tour begins in November 2008 and will run until May of 2009.

🎶 Phil Stacey of Season 6 signed with Lyric Records and will release his first single "If You Didn't Love Me" to country radio on Monday, January 7th. Just a reminder that both Bucky Covington and Josh Gracin are a part of this successful label. Phil's solo debut cd is slated to be released in April of 2008. Best wishes Phil!

:pooh: Our area just got 2 feet of new snow and so as I sit here drinking my morning ☕ I will close and say that's a wrap of recent events of our idols. Have a great day everyone!

Our Idols Are Important - Recent News 396979
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Our Idols Are Important - Recent News   Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:22 pm

Wow. I'm sure all our resident Idol-aholics will enjoy it. And Ain't Misbehaving? Awesome play! I hope it's a great smash. I may even break down and grab a chance at that!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Our Idols Are Important - Recent News   Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:34 pm

🆒 Two more interesting bit of news have just come across my wavelength since I posted this morning.

;) Seems that thud-muffin Ace Young will be releasing a solo debut cd on his own label in March or April of this year. As many of you know this is long overdue and I can hardly wait to get my hands on his efforts. Also just a reminder that he may have more to celebrate since his co-writing efforts on one of Daughtry's song garnered a Grammy nomination. Best wishes for a mountain of success Ace!

🎶 Seems our own Elliott Yamin is featured on the new cd Randy Jackson is releasing in February. Among the many artists on the cd are Mariah Carey who is a huge favorite of Randy's. I am sure the cd will be a hit and congrats to Elliott.

bow Isn't is wonderful that so many of our idols are doing so well!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Idols Are Important - Recent News   Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:40 pm

I'll buy Ace's album. He's a real doll. I'm glad it's getting out there.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Our Idols Are Important - Recent News   Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Thanks concertcris, I have been to AI but don't care much for the new boards or look or whatever, Boy I'm more lost than found now and it's so different. I am thrilled to hear about ACE, I have season 5 DVD of him I bought one of Taylor with ALL his performance on and this gal threw in Ace's. I have only seen it once as Ace was far from my favorite and I've tried to give it to a Ace fan but it seems no one trust anyone these days. Didn't want to give me an address to send it to, Now I understand this but Oh well.
Anyway thanks for all the info. Most of these Idols are doing so good that it warms the heart.
I will be watching Season 7 and I am pleased to know that if I miss a show you will be reporting on it and you do such a great job of it..

Thanks so much
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Idols Are Important - Recent News   Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:34 am

Wow, I can't say I'd mind seeing Ace's performances again. That's pretty wild.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Our Idols Are Important - Recent News   Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:42 am

tygrlllie wrote:
Wow, I can't say I'd mind seeing Ace's performances again. That's pretty wild.
~tyg

It's your's if you want it, I just let me know..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Idols Are Important - Recent News   Our Idols Are Important - Recent News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Idols Are Important - Recent News
Page 1 of 1