Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor,

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor, Empty
PostSubject: Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor,   Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor, Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:59 pm

Well AI finally mentions Taylor was in Grease and it's an afterthought in Ace's write up about performing in Grease.

Ace Young Hits Broadway Share This
August 26, 2008 - Posted by Miles
The producers of the smash hit Broadway production of GREASE are proud to announce that American Idol Season Five finalist, Ace Young, will make his Broadway debut when he joins the company in the role of "Kenickie" on Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.

A native of Denver, Colorado, he began his career in the entertainment industry at the early age of nine performing at various venues all over the west coast. Following Idol, Ace traveled the country performing in 60 sold out arenas across the nation as part of the American Idols Live Tour. He has played guest starring roles on the popular television sitcoms "Half & Half" and “Bones.” In 2007, Ace was nominated for a Grammy Award for his co-write on fellow “Idol” Chris Daughtry's quadruple platinum hit single "It’s Not Over." In April 2008, Ace released a popular single entitled "Addicted," available everywhere. He recently formed a partnership with renowned record producer and songwriter Desmond Child, and together they cowrote, recorded and funded Ace's eponymous debut album - a revolutionary combination of Rock, R&B and Funk which utilizes a 30 piece string section with live horns. The eagerly anticipated album was released on July 15, 2008.

American Idol winner Taylor Hicks, who joined the cast in the role of "Teen Angel" on Friday, June 6th, will play his final two weeks in the show with a final performance on Sunday, September 7th.

http://www.americanidol.com/news/
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor,   Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor, Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:32 am

:shock: I am surprised they mentioned this also which is a real bummer that Taylor has never got his due from this group. I think the reason Ace got such a big write-up is because it mentions that guy Daughtry because they can not deny that their so-called "golden boy" had help writing that song and was nominated for a Grammy even though they did not win the prize.

Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor, 57823 Personally I just do not get why American Idol and the associates have never promoted Taylor the way they should have but then I also know there was very little promotion for other idols before Taylor hit the scene. Think back to Justin Guarini, Diana DeGarmo, Bo Bice and even now hardly any promotion for Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard and Fantasia. I know Ruben had the closing song for the contestants this last season but in reality I have never heard that song played anywhere except on Idol.

Regardless of American Idol and their affiliates actions, we true fans will be in our guy's corner. Thanks for posting the item Sandy as I am also a fan of Ace's.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor,   Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor, Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:49 am

I agree CC, I wish they would have mentioned Taylor to start with and it's a shame they took so long to do so and then in the same topic with Ace, not fair to either of them.

I think I kind of see what AI is doing, IF they like you and America picks you as their American Idol they promot to high heaven IF they don't like you it's like TO Heck With You, They remind me of my kids when they were tots, want it their way or else and if they don't get it they get mad. It's a shame that a National TV show would act that way but i guess if they are big enough and popular enough they can do what they want and think no one will notice. I'd love to write to them about their news articles over on AI but where and who do you write too??
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor,   Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor, Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:59 am

It's so childish, not to mention frustrating as all hell.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor,   Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor, Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gee, AI finally mentions Taylor,
Page 1 of 1