Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 3/11/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 3/11/10 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 3/11/10   Results - 3/11/10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:27 am

Results - 3/11/10 951557 Hi gang and welcome. Before I begin the re-cap I have to admit I was flabbergasted with the results of the girls. Our show starts off with Ryan Seacrest telling us that tonight the top 12 will be revealed. Again we hear prior judges comments and see clips of the highs and lows of our contestants so far on this journey. Ryan adds we are in for a surprise or two (that is an understatement I think). This is American Idol but for how long I wonder as I feel many have totally lost interest in this show. Did anyone else pick up on the fact that Ryan did not tell us how many votes came in.

Welcome to the show says Ryan and we now know 4 more contestants will be leaving. We also hear that our guest singers tonight are Matt Giraud and Scott MacIntyre from last season. I am looking forward to seeing them.

Ryan then tells the conceited Simon who agrees that he was on his game last night. What follows is a funny picture of the bikini boy from the auditions with Randy's picture on it. My Randy how you have changed.

:sing: Our group sing is next and frankly I thought this was awesome from our group. They are performing the Michael Buble song "I Just Haven't Met You Yet". I just loved the harmony from all. We are reminded that you can download the performances on Itunes. I think I might get this one for sure.

Big news as next week the themes begin and our top 12 will be performing the songs of The Rolling Stones. Boy, this is sure to be a real challenge for some of our group and hopefully they will bring a spark back to the show. One last note is I am so hoping no one sings "Paint It Black" as they have done that song too many times I think.

lol! The Results:

Before the results are given we get some re-caps about each of our contestants as they face the music to see if they have made it to the top 12.

Didi Benami is up first and has found this experience nerve-wracking and scary but is glad to have had this opportunity. Randy says consistency is so important before we hear that Didi has made it, she is safe.

Siobhan Magnus was dubbed the dark horse in Hollywood and Ellen thinks she is still unique. Siobhan says being on stage is what she is meant to do before we hear that she too has made it.

Paige Miles and Katelyn Epperly are pulled up. One is safe and the other goes. Simon is asked who has the most potential. He would have said 3 weeks ago Paige but feels she has yet to deliver. Katelyn has had one good performance to his way of thinking but he answers that Paige should stay. He gets his wish and I am shocked over this one. Katelyn is also before she lets us know that this has been a great experience and she plans to keep plugging along with her career. She sings again the song "I Feel The Earth Move" and sadly I have to say it was good but not great once again.

Now comes four of the guys as Tim Urban, Todrick Hall, Lee DeWyze and Casey James are asked to centerstage. A no brainer as Casey is the first to be safely in the top 12. A shocked Tim is next to get one of the chairs (guess that hug from Ellen did the trick). Left are Lee and Todrick. After a dramatic moment we find that Lee is safe and Todrick is ending his run on the show. I predicted that Todrick might go but I am sad anyway and frankly I would love to see him in a Broadway show. Randy had said that Lee was more consistent and frankly do agree do a point. Before Todrick sings "Somebody To Love" he lets us know this has been an awesome experience and he proved he could sing as well as dance. I so agree.

clap A break from our results as now Matt Giraud and Scott MacIntyre are doing a duet of the classic Billy Idol song "Tell Her About It". Both sound good on piano and also singing. It is great to see these two again I think. Scott has a new album out called "Heartstrings" and cutie Matt is also doing well with a #1 single on the jazz charts of Itunes. This is a duet with Anna Wilson. I am happy to know both guys are doing well with their careers.

lol! Now back to heartbreak for two more as our next to be called is Crystal Bowersox. I had no doubt Crystal would make the top 12 and I am right. My concern here is that Crystal looks like she does not feel well again. By the way I must say here that Crystal is a diabetic and had problems with it which sent her to the hospital a couple of weeks ago. I worry the disease might knocked her out of the competition in the future as after all these people do have alot of stress to deal with. I certainly hope she feels better soon.

Big Mike Lynche takes centerstage which throws Ryan off but he says he can get to the result there also. Kara is asked why she cried last night. She answers that she felt so connected to his singing. Hey big guy, take a seat, you are safe!

Lacey Brown is next and feels she is just herself as an artist. This is her second shot for the show and this time she finds herself making the top 12. I was stunned with this result to say the least as frankly her voice sort of grates on my nerves.

Aaron Kelly is young but does say each week he is gaining more confidence even though the judges can be intimidating. No worries as young Aaron makes the top 12.

Left are Andrew Garcia and Alex Lambert. I thought both of these guys might be in danger this week and before we hear the result Simon is asked if Andrew might have peaked too soon. He says yes but feels Andrew is a talented singer. Turns out Andrew is safe which leaves a very shaken and tearful Alex as the one to go. He says he has had lots of fun but admits his nerves got the better of him. He wishes he could have shown more of his talent. Ellen tells him to keep believing in himself before Alex barely can sing the song "Trouble" one last time. A very emotional time as most of our contestants seem to be in tears over Alex leaving.

Our final result is another surprise as Katie Stevens and Lilly Scott are the final two. Kara finds it interesting that these two are against each other as Katie has yet to find herself as an artist while Lilly really knows herself. Both seem shocked when it is announced that Katie will move on with Lilly going home. I have to admit I was floored also. Lilly sort of reprimands the voting public by saying alot of talented people are going home. She thinks she did well but just does not know what America wants to hear but does know she has an audience out there. My feeling is she was just too quirky for the voters. She gives us a dull performance of the song "I Fall to Pieces" before we see the journey of the departing four.

Results - 3/11/10 201170 So now we know our top 12 and I am hoping that each will do their best to impress in the weeks ahead. Good luck to the departing four. Time to call this a wrap and in saying that I also wish you all a great week ahead. Take care!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 3/11/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/10   Results - 3/11/10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:36 am

First of all, I was so excited to see Scott and Matt back on the Idol stage. In a way it was like hearing Billy Joel and Justin Timberlake doing a duet. They both sounded incredible and I'm glad to hear their careers are in full gear too. The group song was fantastic as well. Much, much better than the last two, IMO.

LOL....I sat on the edge of my bed, fingers crossed when Lee Dewyze and Todrick Hall stood on the stage with Ryan. Danced like crazy that Lee made it into the top 12. I agree with Randy's comment, Lee has been fairly consistant with his performances. GO LEE, GO!! (btw, Ryan needs to stop doing those dramatic pauses. He'll give me a heart attack one of these days....LOL) As far as the other guys....it was definately a no-brainer.

~sigh~ It stumped me that DiDi was saved. I don't think she's got a good voice at all. Like I've said in previous posts....to me, she sounds too much like Megan Joy from season 7....YUCK!!! I would much rather have Paige Miles or Katelyn Epperly in DiDi's place. ~rats~

Another nail-biter with Andrew Garcia and Alex Lambert on the chopping block. Again....another happy dance as Andrew managed to squeak through and make the top 12. However, I would much rather have seen Alex stay instead of Tim Urban. I just don't get what's going through the voters heads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 3/11/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/10   Results - 3/11/10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Deni, I have a feeling many people are just not voting. I was over at the idol site and see there are hardly any posters plus if you look at the contestants individual names, it is really barren. I remember from other seasons how each would have hundreds if not thousands of postings. Remember Taylor had over 100,000 posts on his name alone.

Also, once again when I voted never once did I get a busy signal for the girls or the guys. This is really sad I think. Plus it will probably be worse once Simon is gone. People are just not interested in this season overall. I truly feel for the contestants as there are some really talented people in the top 12. I am hoping we start getting some "wow" performances now that the themes are coming in.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 3/11/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/10   Results - 3/11/10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 pm

I know...it was weird not getting a busy signal when calling in my vote. I agree with you 100%. With the top 12 in place it's time to start seeing some "wow" performances.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

Results - 3/11/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/10   Results - 3/11/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results - 3/11/10
Page 1 of 1