Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 5/12/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 5/12/10 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 5/12/10   Results - 5/12/10 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Results - 5/12/10 757280 Hi gang, sorry to be so late with my re-cap but I was just notified by Jodie about the new way to get into this forum since she no longer has the dot com address. Believe me I was having some panic that this site might be gone and am so glad it isn't. Anyhow on with the show.

Tonight's show begins with the usual clips of the show of the night before, comments from the contestants and the judges plus Jamie Foxx. Some clips of old movies are also in the beginning. The announcer then says American Idol starts now and then introduces Ryan Seacrest who greets us from the audience tonight. After the welcome he lets us know that almost 37 million votes came in. You know I find this kind of amazing as I actually voted for my faves about 250 times and not once got a busy signal.

Our guest performers tonight are Bon Jovi, Fantasia and Daughtry. Next is a hello to the judges and a reminder of the tour coming up. You can check the AI website for the dates.

Results - 5/12/10 396952 Fantasia is then introduced to sing her latest song called "Bittersweet". I thought she looked good but those pants did nothing for her bottom half as they made her look hippy. Thankfully for once she was not screeching the lyrics as she usually does. Sorry Fantasia fans but I am not a fan of this third season winner and for me this song was just okay. She does have a new album coming out this summer and obviously her daughter who is now 9 years old is doing well.

lol! Our contestants are now shown with Ryan. They are sitting on stools on the mainstage because two members of each contestant are seated on the couches. After hellos to all we see the Ford video that is set to the song "Put The Message On The Box". Big Mike is driving a Ford Fiesta and appears to be driving the other three contestants to different destinations as they pick up new garb and souvenirs.

How great to see some of the prior home visits (Loved, loved, loved seeing Taylor included in the clips). I really do not like how Ryan quizzed the contestants about what they were looking forward to if they got the home visit. It just seems kind of sad as one of them is going to be eliminated and will not get that opportunity. Our four mainly mention seeing family and friends. Re-caps follow from the night before plus some chit-chat with the contestants before we find out the first to safety is Casey James. He gets hugs from his "team Casey" family.

Results - 5/12/10 72213 Another person I am not a fan of is Daughtry as they are next to perform their song "September" from the "Leave This Town" album. I guess the song was okay but seems like the band was so loud you really could not hear Chris that good plus I was on the phone then. My conversation on the phone ended in time for me to hear Chris mention that playing arenas never gets old and he is glad the people like to come out and see them. Ellen makes comments that she is proud of all of them. Randy adds that Chris is living the dream and our current idols can do the same. Chris ends his moment by telling the contestants to stay hungry and stay true to the music that is you.

Results - 5/12/10 88275 Now three are left standing on the stage as Kara tells Mike after his re-caps how original she thought his rendition of "A Woman's Worth" was from him. Mike explains how tough it was singing the song he sang for movie night. Then Lee is next who says he thinks the judges critiques are valid but does not believe his version of "Kiss From A Rose" was karaoke. Crystal hears her re-caps before it it announced that Lee is the next to the top 3. I must add here that Ryan never actually mentions who are the bottom 2 and no way on earth do I believe that Crystal was in that position as it was made to look.

clap Our last guest to perform is Bon Jovi who sing "Superman Tonight" from their album "The Circle". I bought this album as I am a fan of Bon Jovi and do like this song however the rest of the album was just okay overall. One thing I must say though is this band still look awesome and still sound great after all these years. The band is currently on tour.

Results - 5/12/10 201170 We are getting down to the final result of the night. We hear comments from Casey and Lee before we know that Mike Lynche is being eliminated tonight. Mike takes the news calmly and says his time on idol has been "unbelievable and it is all good". Kara offers him advice to keep going with his career because he does have that "it" factor. I think so too. After seeing clips of his journey on idol he then sings "Will You Be There". He gets hugs from the judges and a kiss from his wife. It was sweet how Mike held his daughter to the cameras as our show comes to an end.

No mention of next week's theme so guess we will find out then. Our top 3 no doubt will show us their home visits on the results show. So in closing let me wish all of you a great weekend!

Results - 5/12/10 396979
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 5/12/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 5/12/10   Results - 5/12/10 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:03 pm

I really jinked myself this season. When it got down to the top six I didn't want anyone going home. Maybe next season I'll have it all worked out better when it come to picking favorites. (yeah, right)
I was so excited to see Lee and Crystal make it into the top three. Casey deserves it too. These three are super talented and could possibly ended up being the next American Idol.
Missed most of Fantastia's performance which is OK by me. I'm like you CC. Not a huge fan of hers.
Is it just me or does Chris Daughtry sound the same with every song he sings? This performance didn't wow me at all.
Loved seeing Bon Jovi again. I've been a fan of theirs for many years and never get tired of hearing them sing. Jon looks sooooo good too. *wiggling eyebrows*
Well, two weeks from now our new American Idol will be crowned. It's been an interesting season to say the least. Ugh, the next seven months are going to be long ones. LOL
Looking forward to next week. Talk you then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 5/12/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 5/12/10   Results - 5/12/10 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:07 am

Hi Deni,

It is great to see that Crystal, Casey and Lee are top three however I truly want Crystal to win this (I know you have your heart set on Lee). As for Casey I know I will be getting his album as I love his voice. I think Casey may be headed home next week as I am not sure his fan base is that big but I know I will be voting for him.

I so agree that every song of Chris's sound the same which is one of the reasons I was never interested in his albums. I am always amazed how well his music has done as most people I know here like his stuff. Fans can be so fickle. Sure wish Taylor had gotten the success his music deserves considering how huge the vote count was for him that season. But with no support from the label plus trying to make him somewhat "pop" ruined it for Taylor as it did for Bo Bice. Taylor and Bo's own music is so much more awesome than their first releases from the record companies. Speaking of which Bo has a new album coming out next Tuesday on May 18th. What I have heard so far is really good.

I simply adore Bon Jovi as well.

Hard to believe this season is almost over. I was glad to see that "So You Think You Can Dance" is coming on again however not sure if I am going to like the new format. Seems the top 10 will be paired with a prior contestant from other years. Guess I will see how it goes as I am a fan of this show as well.

Well, gotta run, talk to you later.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 5/12/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 5/12/10   Results - 5/12/10 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:54 am

good morning CC

Yeah, my heart is set on Lee winning. But realistically....it will be Crystal who wins the next American Idol title. Not that I can complain too much. She is/was my favorite female audition from the start. So I will be happy even if Lee doesn't win. I will buy music from Lee, Crystal and Casey. All three are amazingly talented.

I know. I talked to Mae yesterday and she said Bo Bice was releasing a new Cd. Sadly, I haven't purchased any of his past music because I couldn't afford it. But, come hell or high water, I'm buying this next one. Then consentrating on getting his older Cd's. I totally agree. Bo and Taylor both got burned by the big label companies. These two guys are so amazingly talented and deserve a whole more than what they got. Luckily, Taylor is still going strong with the nationwide tour of Grease under his belt. And with a solo world tour coming up, he will be able to win more hearts and create a bigger fan base. So I don't believe Taylor is hurting too much. He does manage to keep himself busy.

I'm looking forward to the new season of So You Think You Can Dance too. IMO, the jury is still out on how this new format will work. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Lunchtime for Bryce so I better get going. Talk to you later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

Results - 5/12/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 5/12/10   Results - 5/12/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results - 5/12/10
Page 1 of 1