Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 Empty
PostSubject: New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11   New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:20 pm

hello On our second night of auditions for this season I think I have found some new favorites to root for. Our show starts off showing us that this particular audition day was held on October 17, 2010 with Bill Patterson playing the piano and not singing very well so we know that he is not going Hollywood.

Ryan Seacrest says there is no place like New Orleans and 6500 strong show up to audition. The show was last there in season 4 and Ryan demonstrates his failure to capture the French language. The judges have arrived and are seated so let's get going with our first contestant.

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 451785 21 year old Jordan Dorsey from LaPlace, Lousiana is my first favorite to root for. He is a very cute guy and we see that he teaches music as an occupation besides being a musician. Once inside the audition room he gives what I call a very good performance of the song "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". He plays it straight in the beginning but then switches it up to a jazzy kind of vibe. The judges are as impressed as I am and it is a yes for this talented guy.

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 248559 We next get to see some of the gator country of Louisana. Seeing these swamplands makes me very aware that I would not like to be there by myself.

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 322546 Up next is 28 year old Sarah Sellers who has lips that Steven Tyler is interested in. Okay Steve get those dirty old man thoughts out of your head. Sarah who is from Richardson, Texas chooses to sing Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love" and surprise, surprise she has a very good voice. I liked her as did the judges so she gets the gold.

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 232505 Be still my heart as the next contestant in the form of 23 year old cutie Jovany Barreto enters the audition room. Before he does we hear how Marc Antony is his idol and he thinks Jennifer is like a goddess. He chooses to sing a Spanish number and even though I did not understand a word of it I really liked his voice. He is a ship builder and his co-workers bet him a million bucks that he did not have the courage to take off his shirt in front of the judges as of course this guy works out as you can tell. We get to also see the chests of Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson (not as good as Jovany but oh so playful I thought). Naturally this guy gets the gold.

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 527840 Okay now some fun facts about Louisana:

The state is shaped like a boot.
The state flower is the Magnolia.
The state bird is the brown Pelican.

And the top dawg of the state is our very own Randy Jackson who is from Baton Rouge, Louisana. We see several clips of our judge before the next contestant enters who actually has pictures of Randy going to high school. Not only that she brings his high school football coach with her to welcome Randy. Randy is happy with these moments and tries to cover his blushing by saying he was one handsome guy and you know what he was. We also get to see Randy's brother Herman. Way to go Jacquelyn Dupree who is a 24 year old cosmetologist. She sings "I'll Stand By You". She does have a good voice and of course the judges put her through to Hollywood.

wiggle Next is a 16 year old carrot top kid known as Brett Loewenstern who let's us know that as a child growing up he was picked on alot and left out of alot of things by his peers that really hurt him. He finally just accepted who he was and his motto is be yourself and people do not like you that's cool too. While this guy looked like a dork his voice certainly wasn't as he gives a soulfulness to the song "Bohemian Rhapsody". I liked it. Steven and Jennifer liked his hair as well as his singing voice because it looked so conditioned even though he has a mass of curls. He does get the gold ticket and I am so glad about that. Eat out your hearts you people who treated him badly in the past.

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 72213 After the break we see a series of bad singers lead by nerdy Gabriel Franks who says he has been mistaken for Steven Tyler at times. I do not see the resemblance and like Steven thought he looked more like Mick Jagger. His choice of song is "Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa. Sadly it was not very good and it's a no for him.

After more bad singers have given their all we next see 18 year old Alex Attardo who went to idol camp when he was 15 years old. It did not teach him to be a good singer as he slaughters "Proud Mary". It was an under-statement when Steven mentions he went off the melody. Randy tells it like it is and says it was terrible. As you can guess, it's a no for him.

👶 A somewhat shy heavy-set kid comes in who is 15 year old Jacee Badeaux who gives a very heartfelt rendition to the song "Sitting On The Dock of The Bay" by Otis Redding. His voice is sweet yet also has a little soul vibe to it. The judges liked it as did I and he if off to Hollywood.

🍌 We have one last contestant named Paris Tassin who is 23 years old. She tells us of the struggle of her special needs daughter who does have hearing loss and actually was a miracle being born as the doctors adviced against it. Singing Carrie Underwood's "Temporary Home" she brings tears to Jennifer Lopez who is so moved by her singing. Steven and Randy were equally impressed and it's a yes to Hollywood. I do think this girl does have alot of potential.

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 833804 Final Thoughts:

I really liked so many of comments the judges gave today encouraging the contestants. It was sweet of Jennifer to give a special hello to Paris's daughter Kera.

Seems 37 hopefuls got the gold and our next stop will be Milwaukee, Wiscousin. I look forward to seeing some more wonderful talent and I hope you do too.

So until next time, take care all!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11   New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:29 am

Sadly, I missed the auditions last night as I babysat for my daughter. She doesn't have TV so I was pretty much stuck not being to seeing the New Orleans auditions. On the bright side I saw a video of Jacee Badaeux. (it was posted on my aol home page) I LOVED him. What a voice this young man has. Will he make it into the top 10? Anything is possible, especially with a voice like his.

From reading your recaps Crystal , it sounds like there was some interesting talent passing by the judges table last night. I can't wait to see what next week brings us. See you then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11   New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:32 pm

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 757280 Deni, sorry you missed the New Orleans auditions as the singers were so much better than the ones in New Jersey. However if you go to youtube you can see some of the auditions of Brett Loewenstern (carrot top boy), Paris Tassin (mom of special needs child), Jacee Badeaux (cute kid) and Sarah Sellers (the one with the lips Steven liked). They also have some re-cap videos on there. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11   New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:38 am

Yeah, it will. I go to youtube alot and listen to some of Taylor's videos. New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 527840
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11   New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Orleans Auditions - 1/20/11
Page 1 of 1