Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 Empty
PostSubject: Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11   Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:58 am

:welcome1: Our night of Wednesday auditions shows us the date October 2, 2011 which finds us in the city of Milwaukee, Wiscousin. A cute duet follows with Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler to the song "Sweet Emotion". Obviously Randy is not a singer but did appreciate the effort of Steven making up words as the song progressed.

It's the first time in Milwaukee for the show but have to remember we had a true hometown boy from there in the form of Danny Gokey from season 8. Danny makes several appearances during tonight's episode with the first one being in the crowd showing us thousands showed up.

Our judges Randy, Jennifer and Steven are shown next with a small chat of looking for the whole package. Oops, Steven let another cuss word slip in. Next we see several clips of contestants from different areas on a map which leads us into the full arena of contestants with Danny Gokey saying he hopes the next idol will be from Milwaukee. So on to the auditions...........

:sing: Whoa our first contestant is a cute 16 year old who plays baseball. His name is Scott McCreery and has a rather deep voice for one so young. He loves country music and shows his talent with the song "Your Man" by Josh Turner. He can sing and should go far in the country field if he becomes successful on this show. He further demonstrates his talent by singing "Put Some Drive In Your Country" originally by Travis Tritt. There goes Steven again with the bleeps but gives this young man a yes vote. Jennifer and Randy follow suit and this boy is off to Hollywood.

Ryan looks cold out in the Wiscousin weather as we go to a break. After the break we see lots of local news about American Idol coming to the city of Milwaukee.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 24394 Next up is 19 year old Joe Repka who is a communications student and wants to be just like Ryan on the radio although he later says he never listens to Ryan's show because he likes country music. He is polite to Ryan and even whistles how excited he is to see Jennifer Lopez in person. Sadly he does a pretty bad job of singing Billy Joel's "The Longest Time". Steven is brutally honest and tells him not to give up his day job. Jennifer and Randy think he should stick to radio announcing which brings our heavy-set guy into singing an Elvis Presley number and quite badly. So big Joe it's a no for you.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 88275 15 year old Emma Henry and her family drive all the way from Littleton, Colorado for her to audition. Get this before any of the judges say a word I wrote down she is not ready for this show when she gives a very tepid rendition to the song "True Colours" by Cyndi Lauper. She does have a voice but it is no where near where it should be and Jennifer says she has something to build on with her no vote. Steven for some reason thinks her voice has character. Randy is in my mindset by saying she is not ready however young Emma is crying and pleading for the chance and Steven adds his two cents. So under diress Randy finally agrees to give her that chance. Jennifer thinks she will be swallowed up by all this and I could not agree more.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 66645 Next we see some pretty awful performances. They are as follows:

29 year old homemaker Juanita Borges comes dressed is a black Arabian-type outfit. She sang something which I could not figure out but it was awful.

18 year old Kody Zawlewski thinks he sounds like Frank Sinatra as he destroys the song "Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa. Steven asks "where was Frank Sinatra in that"? Randy was more blunt with his no. Kody still wants a hug from Randy and then asks if he could have a sip of his coke. Randy of course says no but tells him what kind of coke it is and he can get some outside.

Kamil Anthony attempts to sing "Paparazzi" by Lady GaGa which brings Randy telling him it is terrible. Kamil asks "what was terrible"? Randy goes on by saying pitch, tone, sound and thinks if GaGa was there she would run out of the rooms screaming "what have I done".

Kanisha Miller screams her song whatever it was.

🍌 Milwaukee is the home of a huge music festival which has Summer Fest each year. Our next contestant happens to be a janitor for this concert venue and has decided to try out for the show hoping to give her daughter the things she never had growing up. We hear alot of emotion from 25 year old Naima Adedapo before she auditions with the song "For All We Know" originally by Donny Hathaway. Surprise the girl can sing and the judges agree she is the whole package as they give her 3 yeses to Hollywood. I thought she was good but was not totally blown away however she is one of my potentials.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 709577 The partying is going on in the holding room but turns kind of bad when we see a guy doing back flips and injures another contestant. This brings us to kind of a dry spell also in the audition room as we see Jovan Raymond slaughter "Jenny From The Block" originally sung by our own Jennifer Lopez and then of course a ridiculous looking character named Chris Kammer holding a giant toothbrush. Is this a promo for a commercial I ask? Moving on..........

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 66929 Bar Mitzvah singer Jerome Bell comes in next. Jen likes his sneakers. He performs "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye. The judges like him and it's 3 yeses. I thought he was okay but did not care for so much yelling of this song.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 79527 Next some clips of artists which include Justin Bieber who has appeared on the show. This brings up the fact that idol has lowered the age of contestants to try out to 15 years old. We then see 5 year old Valerie perform but hey they are just kidding, she is not a contestant. So in comes our next real contestant Thia Megia who compliments Randy about looking younger. She performs "Chasing Pavements" and does a nice job with it. The judges agree she is the whole package and she too is off to Hollywood. I might add that every 15 year old who performed on this day made it Hollywood as we see several in quick clips.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 857532 Our next guy Nathaniel Jones does Civil War re-enactments as a hobby. He has brought his dad who looks like a hippie. Young Nat is very passionate about defending his dad before he marches into the audition room with a full salute to Randy who returns the salute. He does a lousy job singing the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Steven says outstanding! Huh? Jennifer and Randy of course say no which ends this re-enactment of Mr. Jones.

Next we see Mason Wilkinson who needs to compose himself. Randy gives him the opportunity to do just that which takes several minutes with Mason having his back to the judges. He finally turns around and warbles some god-awful singing. The judges are stunned but of course it is also a no to him.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 951557 Our next young lady had a brief encounter with Randy earlier in the day. As he was running in to say hello to the crowd he accidently hit her in the mouth without realizing it. Molly DeWolf Swensen reminds him of this encounter in the audition room. Of course Randy is sorry as are
Jen and Steven. Molly has alot to fall back on should she not make it to Hollywood. She is a Harvard graduate and now interns at the White House. Yep folks she does love Obama as President. She amazes the judges further by giving a very good rendition to the song "Sitting On The Dock of The Bay" by the late great Otis Redding. I thought she had an interesting voice as she goes from low to high. So did the judges who give her the gold.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 322546 Day 2 in Milwaukee shows good feelings all around in the Bradley Center as the contestants wait for their chance. So on this second day first comes Haley Reinhart who tried out last year in Chicago. She tells us she was crushed she did not make it but works on her singing ability to try out again. She does quite well with the song "Oh Darling". It's 3 yeses with Steven again being quite flirty.

Tiwan Strong comes on strong as he performs "Twisting The Night Away" by Sam Cook. It's 3 yeses for him also. I kind of felt sorry for poor Ryan outside as one of Tiwan's relatives suffers a charley horse in her leg and grips Ryan's hand so hard he almost looked like he was in real pain.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 945178 Steve Beghun is a CPA who says he does not have many friends as he also audits people. Before he sings he gives a weak joke about his size and his last name. I am not sure what he sang but he can sing which brings him the gold.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 957205 Vernika Patterson has to start her song over which is Minnie Riperton's "Loving You". She is one awful singer but thinks she can sing better than anyone who is in the holding room. She argues with the judges and then brings up the fact that they are not putting her through because she is not skinny like some of the others before her. Randy says this is not about size but about talent. She walks out on them and does want to be on camera. Then we see 17 others who got the no vote with lots of them cussing and telling them they do not want to be on camera either. I got a kick out of the mother who tells her daughter to shut up while yelling at the camera man.

24 year old Albert Rogers III looks older and we see him giving a speech about American Idol before he attempts to sing "Stand By Me". He does probably have a voice but it is off-key and gets worse as he sings on. Randy gets mean and says it is terrible and thinks it is a joke. Steven is not so pleased with Randy's bluntness but he too is a no. Jen also says no. Albert takes the rejection quite well.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 606511 Scott Dangerfield looks like a geek but the judges appreciate his singing. Steven is fascinated with Scott's lips as they appear like he is wearing lipstick which he isn't. He covers the comment by saying he kissed a girl outside. Needless to say he is off to Hollywood.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 795426 Our next girl is one who could start you swearing. Her name is Megan Frasier and she is a huge Green Bay Packer fan. We see her running through the holding room screaming constantly about this team. She even greets the judges by saying "go pack go". Then she kills a Justin Bieber song with an opera voice. OMG, this girl makes me want to drink. Thankfully she gets three no's.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 396952 I think Steven Tyler needs to start watching his actions because he may get in trouble with some parents in the future as he starts to make a crude comment to our next contestant. Her name is Alyson Jados who loves Steven. He checks his comment before he gives her a hug. She then sings "Come Together" by The Beatles. She then attempts to sing "Dream On". Her voice is not horrible but she does need work. Jen gives her a yes. Randy is a no as he feels she is not ready yet. Steven thinks her singing was a little pitchy but relents and says yes to her going to Hollywood.

:( Our last contestant of the day is Chris Medina. His sad story is about his girlfriend who he is engaged to. Seems they got engaged two years ago and planned to marry two years from that date. Sadly his girlfriend got in a car accident and was in a coma for over a month. She has come out of that but now is badly affected with her injuries which cause her to shake badly and have to be in a wheelchair most of the time. Chris and her mother are her care-givers. Chris feels she needs him and he loves her and will not walk away. He performs the song "Break Even" by The Script and finally I have found my top favorite from this Milwaukee visit. I loved his voice as did the judges. He gets three yeses to Hollywood. The judges have him bring in his girlfriend and she gets hugs from all. This was truly heart-breaking but hopefully Chris does well on the show to make his ladylove's life easier.

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 833804 Another huge group of 53 got their gold. Seems like so many are going to Hollywood this year and we are only half done with the cities. Our next stop is Nashville, Tennessee.

For me personally Chris Medina was my favorite but I also see several potentials from Milwaukee. Hopefully you liked some of them also. So now I must say good night but will be back tomorrow with our next stop of this journey.

Take care all!

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11   Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:33 am

Hi Crystal! Wow, it's catch up time for me all over the place. Busy, busy day for me yesterday and againg did not get to see the Nashville auditions. (thank goodness for youtube) I also appreicate your re-caps. Anyway, here are my picks and thoughts from the Milwaukee auditions.

Overall the auditions seemed pretty good. So far, my top favorite ended up being the last one, Chris Medena. I loved his story (cried alot). Not to mention I do like this kid and his voice. Whethere or not he makes it into the top 10 is anybodys guess but as of now he's my #1 favorite. I also liked Jerome Bell and Scott Dangerfield too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Milwaukee Auditions - 1/26/11
Page 1 of 1