Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Please keep these families in your prayers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Please keep these families in your prayers Empty
PostSubject: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:23 pm

I hate to ask this of any of you as you all have your own situation that you are dealing with but if you have room for one more prayer would you please send it up for these family's..

I do not know these families at all. But this hit a little close to home just over the MN boarder from SD and my heart goes out to the families.

Yesterday a non licensed driver (26) driving a van hit the back end of a school bus and because of the hit and the icy roads the bus driver lost control of the bus and it rolled. There were 28 students on the bus and 14 were injured and 4 died, 2 of them were brothers. Plus it's been like 25 below 0 up here and after the bus rolled some of these kids had ripped coats and lost their shoes and such. The resuce teams reached them as soon as they could but if anyone knows what it's like up here the towns are a distance apart and even with that it had to so cold for those kids. 2 of the resuce workers had children on the bus that were sent to the local hospitals but they stayed and helped the others.

Please keep these family's in your prayers

Thank You

Sandi
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:43 pm

There is always room for more prayers. The amount is irrelivent!
Im not sure what state you are in, however, being in Michiagn I know COLD!
My heart goes out to these familys and there friends... such a sad storie!
My son 19 drives and it scares the heck out of me. Plus Debbies kids ride the bus daily....
Such a tragity.... Wish there was more I could do then pray...
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:12 am

DreamHrt wrote:
There is always room for more prayers. The amount is irrelivent!
Im not sure what state you are in, however, being in Michiagn I know COLD!
My heart goes out to these familys and there friends... such a sad storie!
My son 19 drives and it scares the heck out of me. Plus Debbies kids ride the bus daily....
Such a tragity.... Wish there was more I could do then pray...

You are Right Jodi, there is always room for prayers. I do thank you though.
I'm From South Dakota but the accident happened in Minnesota. It's finally warmed up to a big -1 now ha.. These kids that survived this bus accident are really having a hard time coming to terms with what happen to the others I heard on our local news today that they have them all in therapy now and working with them to understand. Has to be hard for little kids to do huh??
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:15 am

I'm in MN and have been so saddened throughout this tragedy.

It's such a close community too. Two of the kids that died were 9 and one 12 and one 13 I believe. It's so upsetting. I personally didn't know anyone, but I felt like I did.

The mother of one of the boys that died said some wonderful things but the thing that stuck in my mind was not to forget to hug your kids each day. The whole community of Cottonwood has been in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:41 pm

What reason that so much pain and horror be visited upon these poor folk God may have, I don't know. But then, I don't need to - He does. Of course we'll include them in our prayers. There's never not room to add another's burden at our Father's feet. As I read the other day, and it is sooooo true - either you get Right (with God) or you get Left (behind).
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Four Students Killed in MN School Bus Crash
By Elizabeth Dunbar
Associated Press Writer
February 19, 2008

CBNNews.com - COTTONWOOD, Minn. - A school bus and several other vehicles crashed in southwestern Minnesota on Tuesday, killing four students and injuring more than a dozen others, authorities said.

The bus was hit by a van around 3:25 p.m. on a highway north of Cottonwood. The bus then hit a pickup and tipped on its side, State Patrol Lt. Mark Peterson said.

At least 14 people were hurt. Thirteen students were treated at nearby hospitals.

News of the crash swept through Cottonwood, a small town of about 1,000 people about 121 miles southwest of Minneapolis. About 40 people attended an evening press briefing at Swan Lake Lutheran Church.

When Fire Chief Dale Louwagie was asked what the community could do, he said simply, "Pray."

Classes were canceled Wednesday at Lakeview School, which serves about 585 students in Cottonwood and Wood Lake, and plans were made to have grief counselors and clergy available to students, a school official said.

The bus was on its regular route, carrying children from kindergarten through 12th grade.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/325301.aspx
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:03 pm

I just heard on the news that the 23-year-old driver of the van was released from the hospital and immediately arrested and transported to jail. She's an unlicensed driver and an illegal alien. Her name (which I didn't catch) is an alias too. They have to find out who she really is and where she came from.

She ran into the side of the bus, which caused the bus to tip over and land on a pickup truck. The cab of the truck entering the side of the school bus was what killed the children, crushing them.

I Just typed what they said on the news just now. I hope I got it all correct.

This just brings tears to my eyes each time I hear about it.

Thanks for the article Jodie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:32 pm

I know! This is the time I wish I had a lot of money to help! Although in all reality, what they really want is there children back.. and that is somthing none of us can do...
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:11 am

*shakes head* "God, what fools these mortals be...." (Shakespeare, Midsummer's Night
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please keep these families in your prayers   Please keep these families in your prayers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please keep these families in your prayers
Page 1 of 1