Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 Empty
PostSubject: Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08   Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:35 pm

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 201170 Hey gang, welcome to a night of snooze as the girls overall did not even measure up to the guys tonight. Ryan opens the show looking quite casual for a change and gives us his hello to us and the judges. He mentions how great the guys were and the girls really should have taken a clue from them I think. Tonight's episode should be called wrong song choice night. I hate when the judges and I agree so much but have to say overall I was in their corner tonight so let's begin.

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 839840 As done last night we hear a new thing about each contestant. Carly Smithson lets us know that not only does she and her husband own a tattoo shop but she also works at an Irish bar. She also loves to cook and clean. Well, this girl gets my top vote of the night with a great rendition of Heart's "Crazy On You". I can not believe I am saying this knowing her prior history but in my opinion she was awesome. Randy and Simon nit-picked some but Paula and I were in full agreement she was amazing. My grade: A

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 57823 Syesha Mercado tells us of the many commercials she has been in and then gives a great version of a baby crying. Sadly she chooses a song that was made for a man although she does change the wording. I found it boring and too soft. Surprisingly the judges think the same thing. I will say her big note was good though. My grade: C

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 820770: Another boring song is on the horizon as Brooke White takes the stage but does play the guitar which raised her up a point for me. Our beauty school dropout sings "Your So Vain" originally by Carly Simon. While Brooke did a decent job with the vocal she just did not have the fire that Carly displayed when she sang this song. The judges and I are were not in agreement with this number as they really liked it but overall for me it was a dud. My grade: B-

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 295441 Ramiele Malubay lets us know she did polynesian dancing which actually is no surprise. I think this girl is cute and shows off her big voice doing Thelma Houston's "Don't Leave Me This Way". I really liked the vocal but the stage presence was not there which kind of ruined the number for me. I kept waiting for her to dance around but she stayed in one place the whole time. The judges basically thought it was okay. My grade: B

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 232505 I could just imagine the guys drooling over Kristy Lee Cook when she came on stage. She looked really good in spite of telling us she was a tomboy. She performs "Your No Good" by Linda Rondstadt and does a fair job with it I think. This was probably one of the better song choices of the night and she did have some stage presence. The judges comments were also favorable. My grade: B

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 76735 I really like Amanda Overmeyer but sadly she chooses the wrong song again by doing "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas. Our bookworm needs to worry I think because this was not her best in my opinion. I also was not crazy about the whole outfit and hair thing but will say she showed real attitude as a rocker. The judges were not impressed at all with this number and I hate to agree but I do. My grade: B-

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 79527 Alaina Whitaker decides to do what I call a "pure" love song. Before she attempts Olivia Newton John's "Hopelessly Devoted to You" she tells us she does not like her food to touch each other. HUH? Oh well! Paula is the only one who liked this number. Randy said it was the wrong song choice with Simon saying it was old-fashion. I personally just found it dreary. My grade: C

:tsk: Talk about wrong song choice! Alexandrea Lushington proves that theory in spades. We first hear that she was a poster child for the fire department which is admirable. However when she sings Chicago's "If You Leave Me Now" I found the whole effect out of sorts. The outfit was wrong, the song was wrong and the vocal was boring, boring, boring. Randy called it safe, Paula thought she made it her own but Simon said it best as being inconsistent. My grade: C-

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 322546 Kady Molloy is one talented girl in many ways. Who would have thought she sang opera. I do like her attitude but again the wrong song choice was made here as she sings "Magic Man" by Heart. He voice just does not have the range to attempt this big song. The judges also did not care for the song for her. I truly wish this girl would find songs that suited her voice as I do believe she can really sing. My grade: B-

🤷 Oh wow, another let down as Asiah Epperson also picks the wrong song. Our cheerleader can sing and does great with the big notes but in her lower register she fails. The song "All By Myself" is mainly remember by Celine Dion doing it however in reality it was originally recorded by Eric Carmen of the Raspberries in 1975. Sadly, Asiah just does not wow me but feel she did a fair job with it. Randy and Paula however liked it with Simon calling it too big for her. I somewhat agree. My grade: B

🎶 So the decade of the 70's is now over for this week with only the results coming tomorrow night. I am stunned that my favorite was Carly Smithson but in all honesty she did give the best all around performance.

Who do I think will leave, well it almost could be any of them but my vote goes to Alexandrea Lushington and Alaina Whitaker. Tough choice considering so many just mediocre performances.

:waveing: Well gang, that's a wrap and I look forward to your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08   Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:22 am

Poor kids. Hope that it goes well tonite.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08   Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:48 am

CC, There really is not to much I can add to your review, I think it was pretty much right on. I was so happy that Randy DID NOT give Carly another standing O. He's making progress ha.. The rest I agree were not good. I will give a little bit more to Asiah because of her being ill, I told my husband that even when she was talking that her voice sounded a bit horse, and to me anyway she did not look to healthy. But the rest I so agree with.

I think this vote tonight is going to be close, but I think too that Amanda and Alexandrea are in danger tonight, and for the guys I think Jason Y and Luke are in danger. Tonight will tell huh?? I wish them all good luck..
Thanks so much for the review.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08   Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:52 am

I was totally disappointed with the girls this week. Even my favorites couldn't pull it off tonight. Oh well, maybe next week will be better.

Hey concertcris, you'll have to let me know who gets voted off this week. I'll be with the grandkids for birthday celebrations and won't be able to see it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08   Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:30 pm

;) No problemo denib. I usually give a re-cap of the results so look for it, okay? Have fun at your birthday celebration!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08   Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Night For The Girls - 2/27/08
Page 1 of 1